1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 18:15
    Can a non beliver still believe in an after life of some sorts ? Just the fact that we are here in the flesh talking about such issues is pretty wild if the whole thing is one big accident or fluke, so why could we not end up on the other side with awarness after death. I'm sure it could all be explained away as just another God not involved fluke. I'm not talking about non believers ending up in Hell. Just identity after death with awarness of being alive in some sense.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 18:37
    Originally posted by buckky
    Can a non beliver still believe in an after life of some sorts ? Just the fact that we are here in the flesh talking about such issues is pretty wild if the whole thing is one big accident or fluke, so why could we not end up on the other side with awarness after death. I'm sure it could all be explained away as just another God not involved fluke. I'm not ta ...[text shortened]... evers ending up in Hell. Just identity after death with awarness of being alive in some sense.
    I can't rule it out. But there's no reason to believe it actually happens.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 19:01
    Can a non beliver still believe in an after life of some sorts ? Just the fact that we are here in the flesh talking about such issues is pretty wild if the whole thing is one big accident or fluke, so why could we not end up on the other side with awarness after death. I'm sure it could all be explained away as just another God not involved fluke. I'm not ta ...[text shortened]... evers ending up in Hell. Just identity after death with awarness of being alive in some sense.
    As believing of an afterlife is a part of religion, you have to be a believer. A non beliver, as in non religious, cannot believe in any afterlife.
  4. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 19:15
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    As believing of an afterlife is a part of religion, you have to be a believer. A non beliver, as in non religious, cannot believe in any afterlife.
    Is that the rules of the game ?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 19:16
    I don't think that's necessarily true. If we were to discover a different plane of existence that we transcend to after the death of our bodies, it could still be part of the natural world. Albeit a part that we are currently unaware of. Now that's purely hypothetical, of course, but it is a condition by which a non-religious person could accept the existence of an afterlife. Although, strictly speaking, I suppose it wouldn't be an afterlife, but merely a different part of life.
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 19:31
    Non belivers can believe in an afterlife (or anything else) if they wish. If however you sincerely believe there is no God...You'd better be right!😏
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 19:35
    Originally posted by bill718
    Non belivers can believe in an afterlife (or anything else) if they wish. If however you sincerely believe there is no God...You'd better be right!😏
    Why?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 20:08
    There is no reason to exclude it from a list of possiblities. However there is no proof of it, any more than there is empirical proof for any religious based after life.

What do you mean by "pretty wild"?
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 20:48
    whether there is an afterlife is surely a matter of faith. who knows. What is certain is that we will all die. What is important is how we live our life- a simple answer , i know.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 22:26
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I don't think that's necessarily true. If we were to discover a different plane of existence that we transcend to after the death of our bodies, it could still be part of the natural world. Albeit a part that we are currently unaware of. Now that's purely hypothetical, of course, but it is a condition by which a non-religious person could accept the existen ...[text shortened]... rictly speaking, I suppose it wouldn't be an afterlife, but merely a different part of life.
    Afterlife is a part of a religion. Its supernatural, and therefore religion. A non beliver with religion is not a non believer.

When afterlife become a science, then I change my opinion, not before.
  11. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 22:39
    Afterlife is a part of a religion. Its supernatural, and therefore religion. A non beliver with religion is not a non believer.

When afterlife become a science, then I change my opinion, not before.
    Have you ever read any accounts about people who have been clinically dead and soon brought back to life? These are quite astounding in their consistency of what they experienced. Both my daughters and one sister did not die clinically but were very close to dying. They felt remorse at the time that they had to return an could not go, because of the joy they felt was unbelievably, incredibly beyond any happiness they had felt before. I read many accounts that were published in a book long time ago. Only one of them was of a man who was "lost". Every time the doctor started his heart again he was in the greatest fear and panic, because....as he told the physician..."Don't you understand? Everytime I die, I am in Hell!" Needless to say, this guy got straightened out pronto once he regained life and had another chance.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 22:46
    Originally posted by Janeway
    whether there is an afterlife is surely a matter of faith. who knows. What is certain is that we will all die. What is important is how we live our life- a simple answer , i know.
    whether or not someone believes there is an afterlife is surely a matter of faith.

whether there is an afterlife is a matter of FACT. Its either there is or there is not. But the only time we find out which it is, is when we die.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 22:55
    I've heard of such experiences too but i don't know if they hold up as evidence for an after life. I saw a tv programme, i can't remember what is was called, but it put across that when we die it is painful and the brain releases chemicals to stop it hurting. Could it be that the feelings of euphoria and bright lights described by people who have died and been brought back, are explained by this chemical reaction to death?
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 23:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    whether or not someone believes there is an afterlife is surely a matter of faith.

whether there is an afterlife is a matter of FACT. Its either there is or there is not. But the only time we find out which it is, is when we die.
    but facts are things that are scietifically accepted. There is no way to prove there is an afterlife. It is a person's faith that provides them with the evidence for an afterlife.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 00:41
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Have you ever read any accounts about people who have been clinically dead and soon brought back to life? These are quite astounding in their consistency of what they experienced. Both my daughters and one sister did not die clinically but were very close to dying. They felt remorse at the time that they had to return an could not go, because of the joy th ...[text shortened]... to say, this guy got straightened out pronto once he regained life and had another chance.
    I have talked to Christians who have had these expereinces and been able to draw pictures of it for me. I have known Jews who have had the experience. I have talked to devout Christians who have not had the experience. I have talked to seemingly unreligious persons who have had it. Draw your own conclusions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree