1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 03:39
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    You are a sad case, my friend, and an agry one to boot. I feel sorry for you to have to live with such baggage. Anyway, Christians are commanded to love their enemies. Nowhere does it say to kill anyone, so you are a liar, too. Put that in your dogma and smoke it!
    So, since you are such a "loving" christian, do you condemn all the crimes perpetrated by god and his followers in the bible? Do you think it was right that god commanded Joshua to slaughter the people of Jericho? Was that an act of love?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 03:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    my dear sir, he overstepped the mark in trying to make some rather beautiful principles synonymous with Nazi ideology.

the whole basis for this is that there are acts of war documented in the bible and perpetrated by the ancient Jews. he does not like this because some attempts have been made to justify the killing by so called christian apolog ...[text shortened]... t judge for yourself the import of the testimony that i gave and see if these things are not so.
    Here's a little theory for you that my wife came up with. It's a little twist on your mythology.

It is obvious that your god has been a capricious monster in the past. Especially in the OT, his crimes are heinous in the extreme. It is also obvious to all but the most deluded zealots that Jesus was a mortal human being. So here's the theory: when Jesus was crucified, his death didn't redeem humanity. It redeemed god.

God didn't send his son to be crucified to redeem humanity. That is a myth. Mankind sent their best and brightest, the most human among them (Jesus), to redeem a fallen and sinful god. His death washed away all the past sins of god and redeemed him in the eyes of mankind. It was only after this sacrifice that god adopted a humanist moral code and became a loving god. He had seen the light.

I'll have to tinker with a bit, but I think its an interesting premise.
  3. Break-twitching
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 04:07
    Originally posted by rwingett
    So, since you are such a "loving" christian, do you condemn all the crimes perpetrated by god and his followers in the bible? Do you think it was right that god commanded Joshua to slaughter the people of Jericho? Was that an act of love?
    Have you ever critically studied the Bible?! If so, then you would have known that God killed people for divine reasons, mainly because of disobedience, pride, perversion, immorality, etc. BTW, God can giveth life, and He can taketh away. Who are you to call God a criminal just because you don't understand His methods? If God had not done away with the evil doers at the time that he did, you and I probably would not be having this correspondence. You and I, in our little micro-minds, cannot comprehend why God did what He did. That's where faith comes in. The world was so screwed-up that God had to sacrifice His one and only son, Jesus Christ, for you and me. God allowed His son to be murdered on behalf of the world; was that an act of love, or stupidity?
  4. Break-twitching
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 04:13
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Here's a little theory for you that my wife came up with. It's a little twist on your mythology.

It is obvious that your god has been a capricious monster in the past. Especially in the OT, his crimes are heinous in the extreme. It is also obvious to all but the most deluded zealots that Jesus was a mortal human being. So here's the theory: when Jesus w ...[text shortened]... een the light.

I'll have to tinker with a bit, but I think its an interesting premise.
    If I wasn't a Christian, I'd say that you were hopeless, but there is hope even for you. All you have to do is seek. You do, however, have some serious life-issues with your vehement anger towards God. You need help-why? Because I once was like you, destroying and burning Bibles. I had the same questions about why God did the things He did in the Old Testament. I finally quit fighting a losing battle, and it is a losing battle, threw in the towel, and asked Jesus to put my soul at ease. It took some time to soften my hardened-heart, but patience and faith saw me through, and it can do the same for you. I can't imagine living with all of your anger towards God...it even seeps out of my computer when I read your posts...God help you. and I'll pray for you.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 04:22
    If I wasn't a Christian, I'd say that you were hopeless, but there is hope even for you. All you have to do is seek. You do, however, have some serious life-issues with your vehement anger towards God. You need help-why? Because I once was like you, destroying and burning Bibles. I had the same questions about why God did the things He did in the Old T ...[text shortened]... even seeps out of my computer when I read your posts...God help you. and I'll pray for you.
    Oh, come on. Did you literally destroy and burn bibles? Or is that dramatic BS thrown in for effect?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 08:37
    my dear sir, he overstepped the mark in trying to make some rather beautiful principles synonymous with Nazi ideology.

the whole basis for this is that there are acts of war documented in the bible and perpetrated by the ancient Jews. he does not like this because some attempts have been made to justify the killing by so called christian apolog ...[text shortened]... t judge for yourself the import of the testimony that i gave and see if these things are not so.
    But again once more: Why do you take it personally? No personal attack was intended from his side?
    You think he's plain wrong? Yes, everyone of us are plain wrong from time to time. What's new with that?

You prove to me that you think he's wrong, but only because you think he's wrong it's not a personal attack on you.

I just think you take this discussion far too personally.
    Over and out.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 09:111 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    But again once more: Why do you take it personally? No personal attack was intended from his side?
    You think he's plain wrong? Yes, everyone of us are plain wrong from time to time. What's new with that?

You prove to me that you think he's wrong, but only because you think he's wrong it's not a personal attack on you.

Over and out.
    yes perhaps you are right, its all just firing rockets into cyberspace and futility, i apologize to the originator of the post, for his sincere questioning has been hijacked and has degenerated into a bitter argument that Christians are synonymous with Nazi war criminals, evidence for which has been provided to the contrary. i am sorry dear Fabian that you were subject to the inaccuracies, lies, vain attempts at justification and misrepresentation, the perpetrators of which have an agenda based on ignorance and prejudice, i will take your advice and try to be a little more tolerant of such in the future - regards Robbie.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 09:13
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Over and out.
    1972 is fine -way to go FF!-, but take care with that gameload of yours🙂

and njoy a good 2009 (and some tankard of beer too) 😵
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 09:14
    yes perhaps you are right, its all just firing rockets into cyberspace and futility, i apologize to the originator of the post, for his sincere questioning has been hijacked and has degenerated into a bitter argument that Christians are synonymous with Nazi war criminals, evidence for which has been provided to the contrary. i am sorry dear Fabian t ...[text shortened]... ll take your advice and try to be a little more tolerant of such in the future - regards Robbie.
    Oh whattanice bran nu starrr😵
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 09:18
    dude, i am now a subscriber, how is this possible? did you bestow this kind gift upon me beetle? it seems that i have a beneficent benefactor, i must find out who it is and thank them. kid regards Robbie.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 09:21
    dude, i am now a subscriber, how is this possible? did you bestow this kind gift upon me beetle? it seems that i have a beneficent benefactor, i must find out who it is and thank them. kid regards Robbie.
    Thank nobody; the one who offers has to thank😵
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 09:23
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Thank nobody; the one who offers has to thank😵
    Very Thanx ye numptie😵
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 09:521 edit
    oh beetle, such kindness! thank you so much my trusty friend for such noble sentiment, my warmest regards to you and the beautiful Maria.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 09:54
    oh beetle, such kindness! thank you so much my trusty friend for such noble sentiment, my warmest regards to you and the beautiful Maria.
    Oh thanx, have a good time too with the ones you love🙂
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 11:52
    Have you ever critically studied the Bible?! If so, then you would have known that God killed people for divine reasons, mainly because of disobedience, pride, perversion, immorality, etc. BTW, God can giveth life, and He can taketh away. Who are you to call God a criminal just because you don't understand His methods? If God had not done away with the ...[text shortened]... allowed His son to be murdered on behalf of the world; was that an act of love, or stupidity?
    Yes, I have studied the bible critically. That is why I ask critical questions about it. That is why I seek explanations for the many contradictions within it instead of merely glossing over them with the eternally blind eye of "faith."

But from your explanation, it is clear that you have no moral code to speak of. I understand god's methods. They are murder and genocide. Murder is OK. Genocide is OK. Every crime imaginable is OK as long as you think the victims had it coming. This is moral relativism of an unprecedented scale. If you can rationalize the slaughter of the people of Jericho, then other people can rationalize the slaughter in Auschwitz. Unless you can condemn both equally, you are a morally bankrupt individual. Your argument that god has a right to commit murder and genocide is merely an argument that your god has the right to be a murderous and genocidal maniac. If your "faith" amounts to the rationalization and glossing over of such heinous crimes, then I want no part of it. I will stick to a humanist moral code where murder and genocide are always condemned, regardless of the perpetrator.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree