1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 01:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hey well then, I'll go back and take a look at the context again and try to see how it justifies Dasa comparing me to "a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy" for disagreeing with him. I just don't get the context like karoly aczel and Dasa do. Mmmm. "Cerebral palsy" eh? I just got to get that context, it seems.
    When I say "context" I mean the whole context. The context of what Dasa's words mean to me within my own paradigm. Not just the context that he has provided. Any clearer?

Clearly Dasa's comment about comparing you to a 7yr old with cerebal palsy is a dumb, short-sighted comment.
    Seems you are taking offense to a silly comment that requires no reply (imo).
    Maybe you are not offended, it is unclear in your posts whether you are or not.
    I mean sometimes you clearly are (offended), but at other times you seem to be above being insulted by such an insignificant ant.

Am I on the right track here?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 01:09
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    When I say "context" I mean the whole context. The context of what Dasa's words mean to me within my own paradigm. Not just the context that he has provided.
    So Dasa comparing me to "a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy" has to be seen in the context of what his words mean to you within your own paradigm?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 01:21
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I feel that [FMF's] measured opposition to Vishvahetu/Dasa's ignorant brow-beating is to be applauded regardless of the presence or otherwise of wisdom hidden within vishva's tiresome cut&pastes.
    Thanks.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 02:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    So Dasa comparing me to "a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy" has to be seen in the context of what his words mean to you within your own paradigm?
    Yeah, those words and the other exchanges between you and him, yeah.

I always look at things in the greater context , my context, sure, but ones own context is the only way to understand anything , right?

You have your own veiws/paradigms on what life is about.
    Surely you are not just basing Dasa's comments on just his own limited context ?!?
    Because it seems that you are at times.

So are you still defensive towards me? Seems like it, but I could be wrong.

Let me suggest to you that there is no need to be defensive and/or argumentative towards me.
    I am a bhoddisatva concerned with all sentient beings' "elightenment". Inclucing yours.
    If the best way for me to facillitate this process of "self-realization" is to stop conversing with you then I shall honour that immediately. Just say the word. I dont want anymore bad blood between us, and as I have alluded to in another post, I would like to get to a place/space with you where we are no longer defensive towards eachother. I am willing to humble myself in your presence as I respect your views and your consistency to correct Dasa's childish way of presenting his "truths".
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 02:29
    If the best way for me to facillitate this process of "self-realization" is to stop conversing with you then I shall honour that immediately. Just say the word. I dont want anymore bad blood between us, and as I have alluded to in another post, I would like to get to a place/space with you where we are no longer defensive towards eachother.
    If you don't want to post, karoly, then just don't post. There really is no need to wait for a nod or a shake of the head from me.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 02:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you don't want to post, karoly, then just don't post. There really is no need to wait for a nod or a shake of the head from me.
    Ok.
    But it seems you do need exlanation for my posts as you have misinterpretted my sentiments towards you and Dasa.

Like I mentioned in another post, I only want to facillitate a ,(suitably ), the exchanges between you and Dasa. If this is not helping then I apologize. The last thing you want is simeone butting in and making things more complicated. (not my intention)
    I thought I could clarify a few of the immature-(sounding) posts that Dasa has levelled against you. If I am hindering the process, then I will definately stay out of this one. Just say the word. I wont be offended.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 02:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why ?
    (I mean why do I not need a shake or nod from you? I have given you this power, what is the problem with telling me directly?)

Lets stop "beating around the bush" and put our cards on the table,eh? It couldn't hurt.
    I could stop posting in this thread, and if you ask me specifically, I will honour that, in the light of your posts (mainly towards Dasa). But would it be so much to ask to ask you specifically? (Remember, there is no hidden agenda here, just my good faith and my limited intelligence 🙂 )
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 02:49
    I thought I could clarify a few of the immature-(sounding) posts that Dasa has levelled against you. If I am hindering the process, then I will definately stay out of this one. Just say the word. I wont be offended.
    Look, I really must insist. If you want to post, then just post. Do not wait for a signal from me. If you really think you need to assist Dasa by offering to "facilitate" his message, then go ahead. If you really think you need to "clarify" the abuse he levels at me, then go ahead. You do not need my consent.
  9. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 03:16
    Damn. So this is the trends of the threads now?

I guess the appropriate thing to do is go toes with someone.
    So who wants to pick a fight with me huh?

We use grinding stones at work to sharpen our blades. Used in the right fashion, it's very effective and it's like having a new edge. I mean, just cuts through stuff, doesn't get caught, even without those air grooves. One day, one of them was sharpened improperly and dulled the blade out worse than before. Never seen such a huge chunk of cheese bounce around and get mauled like that.

My brain is fairly sharp. I'm pretty quick and on top of things and have a lot of general information about a strong variety of topics. But, eh, I sit here dulling my wit out. Use it on the wrong stuff, get caught up in the meaningless things. Don't really apply myself in the right direction, or not at all. Abandoning my utilization of my heart, I grow bitter and become less effective on a social and professional scale. I use my sword of wisdom wrong as I slash at my peers' foundations. A sharp edge dulling
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 03:181 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Look, I really must insist. If you want to post, then just post. Do not wait for a signal from me. If you really think you need to assist Dasa by offering to "facilitate" his message, then go ahead. If you really think you need to "clarify" the abuse he levels at me, then go ahead. You do not need my consent.
    I know I dont need your consent, but I was asking for it out of respect.

In light of your answer, I will stay out of this one for now.

Funny fella, you are. I try to give you complete respect and the benefit of the doubt when it comes to dealing with Dasa, but still you maintian your non-committal and imo defensive tone.

Ooops, sorry. I said I would butt out.
    Carry on 🙂
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 03:321 edit
    Originally posted by ua41
    Damn. So this is the trends of the threads now?

I guess the appropriate thing to do is go toes with someone.
    So who wants to pick a fight with me huh?

We use grinding stones at work to sharpen our blades. Used in the right fashion, it's very effective and it's like having a new edge. I mean, just cuts through stuff, doesn't get caught, even without those . I use my sword of wisdom wrong as I slash at my peers' foundations. A sharp edge dulling
    It is a necessary test of faith.
    This forum brings out the bad and worst.

I suspect vistesd had the same frustrations and decided not to post so frequently. And wisely so , form his (apparent) point of view.

I would dearly love to ATTEMPT to furthur our spiritual understanding, which is universal and applicable to everyone.
    You know that.
    But it seem this forum getsa bogged down in people getting offended by personal insults, (mainly from Dasa, who says its not an insult but merely the truth (as he percieves it) to correct us from our wrongs)
    So Dasa has out out there (numerous times) that he thinks that christians and athiests are "dishonest" about "God" for there own reasons.

Ok. We got it. I have no problem with his presentation(as others do), although i have some problem with his insults. But so what? Like FMF has admitted, its just words on a screen. Either report Dasa for being to rude, or just let if go.

I really hope this is a passing phase with these threads and that we can get back to acutally furthuring our understaning of life/the unverse/mulitverse, which is going to take some cool , origonal thoughts, on how this is going to go down.

This trend is really negative and boring,imo

I am made numerous, concerted efforts to bring back this forum to an "even keel".
    I hope you can appreciate my efforts, even if no one else does.

Cheers,sexy😵
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 03:36
    I try to give you complete respect and the benefit of the doubt when it comes to dealing with Dasa, but still you maintian your non-committal and imo defensive tone.
    Your diagnosis is that I don't "get" Dasa and you do "get" him. Dasa isn't difficult to "get", karoly. And now here you are wanting to place yourself at the very centre of things - as the "facilitator" - and pouting about me not being "committal" enough towards you. This is surely all part and parcel of the Forum's ego problem and the "quagmire" that avalanchethecat grumbled about.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 03:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your diagnosis is that I don't "get" Dasa and you do "get" him. Dasa isn't difficult to "get", karoly. And now here you are wanting to place yourself at the very centre of things - as the "facilitator" - and pouting about me not being "committal" enough towards you. This is surely all part and parcel of the Forum's ego problem and the "quagmire" that avalanchethecat grumbled about.
    Just to calrify, I dont want you to take my word for anything.

"Dasa isn't difficult to get", yeah? Really?

Well there should be no problem with stating where you are not agreeing with him

(I realize yuo haved pointed this out several times, no less, however,in the spirit of mutual understanding, do you think you could summarize your beef against Dasa? )

My mind is open and I have no bias towards either of you.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 03:54
    Well there should be no problem with stating where you are not agreeing with Dasa.
    Really, karoly. There is no need for you to come to his defence. There really isn't.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 04:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Really, karoly. There is no need for you to come to his defence. There really isn't.
    I'm not so much coming to his defense as I am enquiring why you need to pursue Dasa'a assertions.
    Call it what you want, but please consider my take on these exchanges.

You have been well within you rights, as I have expressed previously, to answer Dasa the way you have.
    My criticism is that you have gone overboard with trying to discredit Dasa.

You have made your point. Repeatedly. I get it, and I'm sure the rest of the foum get it as well.

I just question your tehniques for debasing his arguements.
    Still, if this is your way, and you have taken my recommendations on board, then carry on.
    🙂 God Bless

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree