All sins forgiven

All sins forgiven

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 15
4 edits

Right now all you have is a promise.
---------------------------------------------------------

"And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son.

He who has the Son has the life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." ( 1 John 5:11-13)

What a wonderful promise of God. Being absolutely secure in this promise I can walk in this divine life that I know I possess forever. What a wonderful promise from God, and practical.

Related passages -

1 John 1:4 And these things write we to you, that your joy may be full.

1 John 2:1,13,14,21,26 My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. …

John 20:31 But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, …

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Nov 15

Originally posted by sonship
[b] Right now all you have is a promise.
---------------------------------------------------------

"And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son.

He who has the Son has the life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

I have written these things to you that you may kn ...[text shortened]... n 20:31
But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, …
[/b]
Contrary to your false doctrine there are severe warnings from Paul to the Christian church and those that mistakenly believe that they can be washed clean of sins by Christ and then go back into their sinful lifestyle...

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV)

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 15
3 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Contrary to your false doctrine there are severe warnings from Paul to the Christian church and those that mistakenly believe that they can be washed clean of sins by Christ and then go back into their sinful lifestyle...

Know ye not that [b]the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, n ...[text shortened]... hey which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.[/b] (Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)[/b]
Have you ever wondered why when you engage with people that you seem to only say
the same things over and over? I'll give you one reason, you ignore everything said to
you except maybe a little tiny bit you can twist, just so you can make mean something
you want to disagree with using the same scripture and arguments.

You simply ignore everything else, thereby by passing all statements and scripture that
shows that which do not fit you views.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Have you ever wondered why when you engage with people that you seem to only say
the same things over and over? I'll give you one reason, you ignore everything said to
you except maybe a little tiny bit you can twist, just so you can make mean something
you want to disagree with using the same scripture and arguments.

You simply ignore everything else, thereby by passing all statements and scripture that
shows that which do not fit you views.
I ignore foolish interpretations and opinions. So I will ignore most of what you said there.

I take it that now you believe like sonship and checkbaiter that the Chistian once he has accepted Christ with his mouth then he will be given eternal life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 15

We Christians have an Advocate with the Father when we again find that we have sinned. It does not say we have an Advocate with God but with the "the Father" in the Divine Family proving that we STILL have a life relationship with the Divine Father throughout the whole remainder of our Christian life.

RECEIVING THE CONTINUAL CLEANSING
AFTER WE HAVE BELIEVED

The question now is this: What should we do if we sin again? What should we do if we become filthy again? All the sins we committed before we were saved have been washed away by His blood. But what should we do about the sins that are committed after we are saved? We do not want to be chastised. We do not want to lose the kingdom. We do not want to suffer the hurt of the second death. What can we do before God? Let us consider 1 John 2:1: "My little children, these things I write to you that you may not sin." A Christian's goal is not to sin. John wrote these words so that we would not sin. According to the status that Christians possess, it is possible for us not to sin. Unfortunately, according to actual history, we often do sin. Positionally speaking, we should not sin. But experientially speaking, we often do sin. There is no need to sin. But sin is an unshakable fact.

John continues, "If anyone sins." Here we are dealing with the problem of a Christian who sins. He is a little one of God; he belongs to God. If he sins, what should he do? "We have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous." It does not say that we have an Advocate with God; rather, it says that we have an Advocate with the Father. Thus, this verse refers to the children of God. It refers to those that have been saved. If anyone among the saved ones, the children of God, sins, he has an Advocate with the Father. This is not a dispute in a law court, but a matter within a family.

[From The Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The Gospel of God, Vol II, Living Stream Ministry, my bolding ]

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 15

. Ephesians 1:5 says that God has predestined us to be “adopted” as His sons through Jesus Christ. What adoption means must be determined by the cultural norms of the First Century. Adoption was a very binding legal contract in the Roman Empire, more binding even than natural birth. An adopted son was a full heir, and could never be disinherited after adoption. A natural-born son, however, could be disinherited. The difference is choice. A father could have a son by accident as the by-product of sexual intercourse with a woman, but a child could be adopted only by deliberate action on the part of the adopting parent.
Thus, the metaphor of “adoption” emphasizes the deliberate choice exercised by God in choosing us to be His sons. This is also borne out by the language of the immediate context of Ephesians 1:5: “in accordance with His pleasure and will,” “to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us,” “in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding,” and “He made known unto us the mystery [secret] of His will according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Christ.” Clearly this was a decision entered into by God with complete understanding and commitment. To argue that man’s sin can negate the express determination and accomplishment of God is ridiculous.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Nov 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
I ignore foolish interpretations and opinions. So I will ignore most of what you said there.

I take it that now you believe like sonship and checkbaiter that the Chistian once he has accepted Christ with his mouth then he will be given eternal life.
No you ignore everything does not agree with your views. If you studied all of the scripture
not just your pet verses you'd see some of the things you hold on to so tightly are not in
agreement with the rest of the Bible. You also spend a lot of time applying things to people's
views that are not there, since what you are claiming about me that is not true.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
. Ephesians 1:5 says that God has predestined us to be “adopted” as His sons through Jesus Christ. What adoption means must be determined by the cultural norms of the First Century. Adoption was a very binding legal contract in the Roman Empire, more binding even than natural birth. An adopted son was a full heir, and could never be disinherited after ad ...[text shortened]... gue that man’s sin can negate the express determination and accomplishment of God is ridiculous.
I agree with the translation of sonship rather than "adoption".

It brings out more the organic life relationship than a mere legal relationship. The Christian is BORN of God. And he becomes a son with the position that a son enjoys because the divine life of God is in him.

Mary E. McDonough is very good with the word sonship.

God's Plan of Redemption by Mary E. McDonough
GOD'S PURPOSE IN CREATING HUMAN BEINGS
We read that this Uncreated Love is “shed abroad” in the hearts of God’s children (see Rom. 5:5), but we do not find a word in the Bible concerning the love of angels.

We now see that something more than personality, which may be defined as “self-consciousness plus self-direction,” is included in this expression concerning man’s creation in the image of God. He was created with a capacity for life on a higher plane. In other words, the possibility of sonship inhered in his original creation. This possibility of becoming a child of God, combined with the perception of the possibility and the power to choose the Uncreated Life of God whereby sonship would be realized, constituted man a free moral agent from the moment of his creation.

Until he should use his power of choice contrary to the perceived will of God, he would possess human righteousness and holy tendencies, but he would not be a child of God—for he would not have one spark of the Uncreated Life of God.

To sum up the foregoing, we may say that the expression concerning the creation of man in the image of God means that God bestowed upon man at his creation, intellect, sensibility, will, righteousness, conscience and the capacity for sonship.

Make very plain to the class the difference between potential sonship, which was man’s at creation, and actual sonship, which could be realized only through the use of his power of choice.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=21D5D5FC8C

Without elaboration we answer sonship. God wanted beings who should share His Nature and return His Love. The angels were thinking, choosing beings, but they were not created with the possibility of sonship. They could lose their original sinlessness and become sinful, but they were not created to share the Uncreated Life of God which is the essential condition for sonship. Unable to share His Nature, it follows that they would never be able to return the Uncreated Love of sons, which alone would satisfy His heart.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 15

More From Mary E. McDonough

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=21D5D5FC86

THE GREATEST PROBLEM IN THE UNIVERSE

We now stand face to face with the greatest problem in the universe: How can human beings dead to God and “dead in trespasses and sins” become children of God and eventually “sons brought to glory”? Biologically, it is an impossibility; for we know that life on each plane can only reproduce itself; it cannot generate life on a higher plane. Man cannot attain to the Life of God by any self-effort. Science agrees perfectly with the Bible in declaring, “that which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). Life on the various planes must forever remain distinct, apart; therefore, so far as any effort of man is concerned, the entire human race must forever remain upon the plane of sinful life. “All have sinned,” therefore all have “come short of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23).

God is an absolutely holy Being. He cannot tolerate sin. He cannot excuse it. We could not worship a God who would treat sin lightly. Impress upon the class the awfulness of sin but in such a manner as to enable them to perceive that there is a law of sin which, like any natural law is followed by inevitable results. (See Rom. 8:2, last phrase.) Do not permit them to indulge in the weak, illogical reasoning of many persons who say that “God is too loving to punish sinners.” Is it lack of love in God that permits a person to fall when he has thrown himself over the edge of a precipice? No, the force of gravity is irresistible. Is it unloving in God when the hand that has deliberately been held in the flame is burned? No, we are familiar with the working of natural laws and we recognize their inflexibility.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 15

The Adversary, Satan, is more concerned about distorting the glorious Gospel of Christ than he is about our personal holiness or lack of it (2 Cor. 4:4). He is therefore going to try to water down and undermine God’s gracious offer of salvation so that it is not so compelling or persuasive to sinners. He adulterates the Gospel, the “good news,” to become “good news and bad news.” It is to his advantage that the doctrine of the loss of salvation be promulgated because he can thereby compromise the Word of God and diminish the awesomeness of God’s grace. He promotes this doctrine in a cloak of religiosity that values the holiness of our walk above the graciousness of our God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 15

God says in His Word that He is looking for obedience from the heart, and not conformity to outward rules. The gracious gift of salvation is consistent with this desire, encouraging us to open our hearts to Him in gratitude for His kindness and grace and energizing us to work for Him more lovingly, consistently, and faithfully than if we were required to do so for our salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 15

. Ephesians 1:5 says that God has predestined us to be “adopted” as His sons through Jesus Christ. What adoption means must be determined by the cultural norms of the First Century. Adoption was a very binding legal contract in the Roman Empire, more binding even than natural birth. An adopted son was a full heir, and could never be disinherited after ad ...[text shortened]... gue that man’s sin can negate the express determination and accomplishment of God is ridiculous.
Clearly this was a decision entered into by God with complete understanding and commitment.

Surely the decision was within the Trinity when God created man -

"And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness ... And God created man in His own image ..." (See Genesis 1:26,27)

Who else was He speaking to ?

Did you learn to disbelieve in the triune nature of God when in The Way International ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Nov 15

Are you of the opinion that if you say a few words *sinners prayer* that from that point on
no matter what God has to accept you if you live a life of sin?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
Are you of the opinion that if you say a few words *sinners prayer* that from that point on
no matter what God has to accept you if you live a life of sin?
I don't agree with a sinners prayer. I go by Romans 10:9 and 10.
I don't think a person is saved by saying a few words, but if they believe Romans 10 from the heart, yes, they are saved.
Rom 10:5-13

5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them." 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, "'Who will descend into the abyss?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
NKJV

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 15
1 edit

I don't agree with a sinners prayer. I go by Romans 10:9 and 10.
I don't think a person is saved by saying a few words, but if they believe Romans 10 from the heart, yes, they are saved.
Rom 10:5-13

5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them." 6 But the righteousness of f ...[text shortened]... o call upon Him. 13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
NKJV
By all means just read a piece of the story. Obviously you prefer 'death-bed' doctrines. For that you work you have to die right after proclaiming your faith in Christ, like the thief on the cross did.

Since you seem to be alive [barely 😀], I think I should warn you that reading a bit further Paul says this to prospective Gentile Christians;

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. (Romans 11:21-22 KJV)

Once you accept Jesus, once you are baptised into Christ there is a life that is required of you. Boasting that you have eternal life and you cannot lose it is contrary to that lifestyle.

God will cut off the sinful evil Christian, just like he did the evil sinful Jews UNLESS they continue in Gods goodbooks.

Not all professing Christ will be given eternal life. Paul says:
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; (Hebrews 5:9 KJV)

Only those who obey. By your own mouth you are therefore condemned when you claim that you do not have to obey Christ. You are in the Administration of Grace.