All sins forgiven

All sins forgiven

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
By all means just read a piece of the story. Obviously you prefer 'death-bed' doctrines. For that you work you have to die right after proclaiming your faith in Christ, like the thief on the cross did.

Since you seem to be alive [barely 😀], I think I should warn you that reading a bit further Paul says this to prospective Gentile Christians;

[i]For i ...[text shortened]... mned when you claim that you do not have to obey Christ. You are in the Administration of Grace.
You are really thick...who is he talking to? what is it to UNLESS they continue in Gods goodness
It is trying to convince these people to receive Jesus Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 15

The exhortation is to two classes of people: (1) those who are false professors, in order to show them that their lives demonstrate that they do not truly know the Lord; and (2) Christians who are living in disobedience, to warn them that if they continue to dishonor their Lord He will severely discipline them. The latter could be "cut off" from fellowship with other believers, or from this life.

Peter completes his argument in the passage to which you refer (v. 22) with these words: "But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire." That seems to make it clear that he has been referring to those who claim to be Christians but are not. He is not referring to "sheep" who truly belong to the Good Shepherd, but to "dogs" and "pigs" who got in among the flock for a time but didn't belong and reverted to the behavior dictated by their unregenerate nature.

The Corinthian church was rife with division, disorder, debate, immorality, and sacrilege. Never is there a hint in Paul's epistles to them, however, that such sins had cost any of them their salvation. They were disciplined as Christians: "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth...for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?" (Heb:12:6-8

Some who gorged themselves and became drunk at the Lord's table dishonored the Lord to such an extent, not "discerning the Lord's body," that they were cut off in death (1 Cor:11:27-34

The man who had "his father's wife" — a terrible sin — didn't lose his salvation thereby but as a brother in Christ was cut off from fellowship in discipline (1 Cor:5:1-13
then later he was restored (2 Cor:2:4-11

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
You are really thick...who is he talking to? what is it to [b] UNLESS they continue in Gods goodness
It is trying to convince these people to receive Jesus Christ.[/b]
Those Gentiles [called the wild olive tree] who have accepted Jesus are grafted on to the natural olive tree [Israel].

Those Gentiles who have not accepted Jesus are not grafted on.

Those who can be cut off have already accpeted Jesus, hence the reason why they could be cut off.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 15

The exhortation is to two classes of people: (1) those who are false professors, in order to show them that their lives demonstrate that they do not truly know the Lord; and (2) Christians who are living in disobedience, to warn them that if they continue to dishonor their Lord He will severely discipline them. The latter could be "cut off" from fellowsh ...[text shortened]... as cut off from fellowship in discipline (1 Cor:5:1-13
Another random cut and paste?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 15

The exhortation is to two classes of people: (1) those who are false professors, in order to show them that their lives demonstrate that they do not truly know the Lord; and (2) Christians who are living in disobedience, to warn them that if they continue to dishonor their Lord He will severely discipline them. The latter could be "cut off" from fellowsh ...[text shortened]... as cut off from fellowship in discipline (1 Cor:5:1-13
Not a hint of losing ones salvation?

Words like
- destruction,
- cut off,
- damnation
- blot out of the book of life

I guess you do not know what they mean.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 15
1 edit

Pauls first letter to the Corinthians. Chapter 3 describes 3 classes of people:

1. Those who work hard and receive a reward + eternal life [verse 14]
2. Those who did not work hard and will receive no reward but will still get eternal life [verse 15]
3. Those who defile themselves and whom God will DESTROY. [verse 17]

These three groups match exactly the parable of the talents by Christ
a hard work - great reward
b little work - little reward
c no work - cast into the lake of fire

You, sonship and others love to twist this chapter. You claim that Paul's groups is about sin. Those who sin will past through fire and still get a reward. But the passage says nothing about sin... absolutely nothing about sin. It is about work done in the church... the good work, the preaching, the nuturing, the lifestyle the keeping away from sin etc .. that is the work of the Christian. Some Christians do a lot, some do a little or none, while some continue with their sinful life.

Verse 17 is crystal clear .. If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:17 KJV)

It must be hard to have to twist all the passages that condemn your false doctrines.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Nov 15

Pauls first letter to the Corinthians. Chapter 3 describes 3 classes of people:

1. Those who work hard and receive a reward + eternal life [verse 14]
2. Those who did not work hard and will receive no reward but will still get eternal life [verse 15]
3. Those who defile themselves and whom God will DESTROY. [verse 17]

These three groups match ex ...[text shortened]... KJV)

It must be hard to have to twist all the passages that condemn your false doctrines.[/b]
So when we talk you go on and on about not knowing who is saved, but here you don't
have issue one talking about damnation. If you can take this stand with "some Christians"
why do you avoid taking it with all others?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Nov 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
So when we talk you go on and on about not knowing who is saved, but here you don't
have issue one talking about damnation. If you can take this stand with "some Christians"
why do you avoid taking it with all others?
Are you really that dense? I am responding to false claims made by a Christian. What are the 'others' ? Did 'others' make any false claims?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Nov 15

Are you really that dense? I am responding to false claims made by a Christian. What are the 'others' ? Did 'others' make any false claims?
I'm pointing out to you that you refuse to acknowledge the same truth when it comes to
unbelievers as you do the "some Christians" the same truth applies, yet for one group
you without judgment the other you are very happy to accuse.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Nov 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
I'm pointing out to you that you refuse to acknowledge the same truth when it comes to
unbelievers as you do the "some Christians" the same truth applies, yet for one group
you without judgment the other you are very happy to accuse.
There is no other group to discuss anything with, is there?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 15
1 edit

Those Gentiles [called the wild olive tree] who have accepted Jesus are grafted on to the natural olive tree [Israel].

Those Gentiles who have not accepted Jesus are not grafted on.

Those who can be cut off have already accpeted Jesus, hence the reason why they could be cut off.
No, they are not Gentiles who have accepted Jesus. Paul is saying that Israel was cut off because of unbelief and if the Gentiles do not have genuine faith, they will be cut off as well.
But you with your blinders on, go right for works and hell. You have a sick religiosity my friend.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Nov 15

No, they are not Gentiles who have accepted Jesus. Paul is saying that Israel was cut off because of unbelief and if the Gentiles do not have genuine faith, they will be cut off as well.
But you with your blinders on, go right for works and hell. You have a sick religiosity my friend.
So if they could be cut off then they must have been grafted on already. Therefore they must be believers.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Nov 15

There is no other group to discuss anything with, is there?
Reality is that there is only one group since God doesn't divide us like that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 15

Rajk999, I am tending to ignore from now on. But I will briefly respond to this.

Verse 17 is crystal clear .. If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:17 KJV)

I am not going to argue and re-argue with this postere indefinitely. The issues are settled in my mind. You can believe what you wish.

Going back to lay the foundation again and again and again is exactly what the writer of Hebrews 6 wanted the Hebrew Christians to move ON from to deeper truths.

" Therefore leaving the word of the beginning of Christ, let us be brought on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith in God, Of the teaching of baptisms and of the laying on of hands, of the resurrection o the dead and of eternal judgment.

And this we will do if God permits." (Heb. 6:1,2)

If you want to argue about the foundational things of God's salvation for the rest of your life, you go ahead.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 15
3 edits

Now, for others who wander about the "destroy" of First Corinthians 3:17 it need not ONLY mean eternal perdition.

"If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him; for the temple of God is holy, and such are you."

The context is those building the local church.
The context is saved Christians.
The context is those who will be saved and rewarded.
The context is those who will suffer loss but will still be saved.

The context is those who are a part of the temple of God, the church. No unbeliever is a part of the church.

The context is those building on the FOUNDATION of Christ with either solid, precious materials like GOLD, SILVER, or PRECIOUS STONES rather than WOOD, GRASS, STUBBLE.

The context is a warning against Christians attempting to build the church with INFERIOR materials which are unholy and of the fallen man. They may be in great abundance. They will not survive the fiery examination of the judgment seat of Christ.

What is UNHOLY in the Christian's life will be destroyed.
We may take the cross to it voluntarily in the age of grace OR
we will have to deal with letting these things go AFTER the second coming of Christ in the millennial age.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

If anyone destroys the temple of God ...

[ IE. by attempting to build her with the fallen unholy things of the flesh and the natural man, and thus marring or defiling it, he will find that he will suffer loss in the destruction of those things. Yet he himself will be saved yet so as through fire],

... God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and such are you."

The SUFFER LOSS of the one saved yet so as through fire corresponds to the warning that to mar or defile the temple of God, the church, will result in God destroying him.

In First Corinthians 1:20,21 Paul also says to some of the proud philosophical Corinthian brothers meeting in the church there -

"For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the understanding of those who understand I will set aside." (v.19)

Some of the churching people wanted Paul to come and talk in terms of exalted Greek philosophy. He came to talk about Christ crucified instead. And he said God will destroy the worldly wisdom of the wise.

The natural life in the Christian will be crucified in the working of the Holy Spirit in man's soul. It will have one flavor in the church age. But it will have another flavor during the kingdom age if the reward is lost.