1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 13:251 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    --or what made them crack!
    Crack is just an overrated drug. I pound my head into the wall six times a day. Works for me. Should have worked for Moses. With a headache like this, you can't even find the strength to "crack some wind" in the general direction of your enemies. Should have worked for those ancient egyptians as well, I think.

(Edit: With a headache like this I should probably also shut my mouth.)
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:08
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Num 31 follows from Num 25:

[1] While Israel dwelt in Shittim the people began to play the harlot with the daughters of Moab.
    [2] These invited the people to the sacrifices of their gods, and the people ate, and bowed down to their gods.
    [3] So Israel yoked himself to Ba'al of Pe'or. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel;
    [4] a ...[text shortened]... id'ian, their sister, who was slain on the day of the plague on account of Pe'or."
    Sorry, I have no idea what that meant.

D
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:09
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    It's a numbers racket.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:13
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Were they innocent? Read Numbers 25.
    So, what you're saying is that if a priest/preacher/rabbii/Mullah, ie: the voices of god, tells the people that a certain race are sinners, then genocide is ok? And rape of young girls is your god given reward for committing this genocide?

To put it another way? As an anti-abortion christian, it is plainly writtenn in the bible for me to see that abortion doctors are sinners in the eyes of god, so I have divine permission to murder abortion doctors. Or homosexuals?

D
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:21
    So, what you're saying is that if a priest/preacher/rabbii/Mullah, ie: the voices of god, tells the people that a certain race are sinners, then genocide is ok? And rape of young girls is your god given reward for committing this genocide?

To put it another way? As an anti-abortion christian, it is plainly writtenn in the bible for me to see that abort ...[text shortened]... the eyes of god, so I have divine permission to murder abortion doctors. Or homosexuals?

D
    No.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    I do not know how wicked these people were but I do know that it was common practice for them to sacrifice their children to their idols.
    You mean like Abraham was willing to do?

And another thing... Why was god so chuffed that Abraham feared him enough to offer his own son up for sacrifice. And why does god need to test mortals, seeing as he created Abraham and knows what's going on inside his head?

Gen 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son] from me.

D
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:31
    Originally posted by Halitose
    No.
    Care to expand?

D
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:43
    You mean like Abraham was willing to do?

And another thing... Why was god so chuffed that Abraham feared him enough to offer his own son up for sacrifice. And why does god need to test mortals, seeing as he created Abraham and knows what's going on inside his head?

Gen 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto ...[text shortened]... ow that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son] from me.

D
    Gen 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son] from me. (emphasis added)
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:45
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    It's a numbers racket.
    You didn't buy a decoder ring, so I doubt you would have any such insight. 😛
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:53
    Care to expand?

D
    For the same reasons I mentioned in the "Simple Question" thread, Christians are meant to be followers of Christ -- the Christ who said: "love your enemies and do good to those who hate you" and "do unto others as you would have done unto you".
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 14:58
    You didn't buy a decoder ring, so I doubt you would have any such insight. 😛
    You don't need a decoder ring to spot an obvious scam.

By the way you look pretty stupid with your tongue hanging out.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 15:05
    Gen 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for [b]now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son] from me. (emphasis added)[/b]
    Thank you for that. I don't see how it changes anything though. Why would an omnipotent being need to play sick mindgames with one of his creations?

D
  13. London
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 15:21
    Originally posted by stocken
    Yeees?.. And the little girls and the virgin women are of course also guilty of whatever the LORD is talking about there?.. Let's face it. This God thing may be a very good personality for all I know, but Moses was just a vendictive little **** who couldn't face the fact that some people are not like he wanted them to be. It's the Saddam of his time. ...[text shortened]... s - hopefully - and ignore that person, or possibly even have the coo-coo arrested.)
    The little girls and virgin women would be dead (or worse) if the Israelites did not take them under their wing. If starvation does not get them, other tribes will.

Remember, this isn't the 21st century A.D. we're talking about.
  14. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 15:23
    Thank you for that. I don't see how it changes anything though. Why would an omnipotent being need to play sick mindgames with one of his creations?

D
    Indeed.
  15. London
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 15:24

D
    It is the Peor incident referred to in Num 31 (and probably followed right from Num 25 in the original version - the intervening chapters come from a different source). It gives the details of the crime that the Midianites were being punished for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree