An Easy Mark?

An Easy Mark?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
13 Dec 10

Originally posted by josephw
You are correct. The kingdom was never realized. And there is a reason, but I won't go into that now.

But you contradict Jesus, and spiritualize the record to fit your own world view.

Jesus will indeed return in the flesh. You'll see it. If you're lucky.
What Christianity eventually became contradicts Jesus. Strip away all those Pauline deviations and you'll see that I'm right. Jesus preached social justice, pure and simple.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Dec 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
which command? there are two Christian commands, love god and love neighbour as yourself, which one of these are you now trying to abuse.
Originally posted by Ratburgers
Why not. God took extreme measures in the Bible. It seems pretty christian to me.

You answered:
on which teaching of the Christ are you forming this basis? As for the extreme measures in scripture, they were carried out by the hand of the ancient Hebrews.

To which I answered:
And by God's command.

Jw's are always soft peddling the truth.

To which you answered
which command? there are two Christian commands, love god and love neighbour as yourself, which one of these are you now trying to abuse

Do you see how you lost track of the progression of thought? You flew off in your mind because you know the wrong Jesus.

😲

rc

Moves
13 Dec 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Ratburgers
Why not. God took extreme measures in the Bible. It seems pretty christian to me.

You answered:
on which teaching of the Christ are you forming this basis? As for the extreme measures in scripture, they were carried out by the hand of the ancient Hebrews.

To which I answered:
And by God's command.

Jw's are alwa ...[text shortened]... the progression of thought? You flew off in your mind because you know the wrong Jesus.

😲
no i don't see anything of the sort for ratburger was referring to Christians and the teachings of Christ, you have stated by Gods command, which command???, neither you nor ratburger have proffered any answers, please refrain from projecting your lack of ability to offer a comprehensive answer to your own statement and instead substitute it with ad hominens on to others.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Dec 10

Originally posted by rwingett
What Christianity eventually became contradicts Jesus. Strip away all those Pauline deviations and you'll see that I'm right. Jesus preached social justice, pure and simple.
You are very artful and laweristic, but you keep making the same error of interpreting the record to fit your own world view.

I had asked you in a previous post if you were familiar with the parable of the fig tree.

Of course, if we go there, it's gonna be a hard road.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 10

You are very artful and laweristic, but you keep making the same error of interpreting the record to fit your own world view.

I had asked you in a previous post if you were familiar with the parable of the fig tree.

Of course, if we go there, it's gonna be a hard road.
no its true, modern day nominal Christianity is unrecognisable to what we see in the gospel record.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Dec 10

no i don't see anything of the sort for ratburger was referring to Christians and the teachings of Christ, you have stated by Gods command, which command???, neither you nor ratburger have proffered any answers, please refrain from projecting your lack of ability to offer a comprehensive answer to your own statement and instead substitute it with ad hominens on to others.
If you have to ask "which command", then you are woefully ignorant of the scriptures, and I will not get bogged down by you in obfuscations.

I think even ratburger knows what he was talking about, but you don't.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 10
1 edit

If you have to ask "which command", then you are woefully ignorant of the scriptures, and I will not get bogged down by you in obfuscations.

I think even ratburger knows what he was talking about, but you don't.
ok, here is your chance to educate me, which Christian command? ratburger was referring to Christians, i pointed out that the acts were carried out by ancient Hebrews therefore you shall state which Christian command, i have already provided two for you. If you are talking of commands to the ancient Hebrews then you must demonstrate, using your obviously superior intellect and knowledge of scripture how these have a bearing on what ratburger was referring to, that is Christian acts of atrocity. So far you have proffered nothing but personal remarks.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Dec 10

no its true, modern day nominal Christianity is unrecognisable to what we see in the gospel record.
You're diluted.

The scripture reference is Acts 2. What was happening there occurred in a small burg and cannot be equated with global Christianity.

There are too many gaps in your understanding of events both then and now to warrant giving you and your biases any further consideration.

Like I said, I won't get bogged down with you in obfuscations. You know the wrong Jesus, therefore you don't have the Spirit of Christ in you, which in turn makes you incapable of understanding the whole truth of scripture. This conclusion is based on the record of the things you've said in this forum, and the fact that you are a JW. I know what you believe. I almost fell for it myself once upon a time.

You know the wrong Jesus.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 10
1 edit

You're diluted.

The scripture reference is Acts 2. What was happening there occurred in a small burg and cannot be equated with global Christianity.

There are too many gaps in your understanding of events both then and now to warrant giving you and your biases any further consideration.

Like I said, I won't get bogged down with you in obfuscations. what you believe. I almost fell for it myself once upon a time.

You know the wrong Jesus.
you are so busy telling others what they do not know that your posts are practically content-less, its like reading a tabloid newspaper, or a comic, take away the personal remarks and what one is left with is nothingness, thank you for sparing me the ordeal, i shall read no more.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Dec 10

ok, here is your chance to educate me, which Christian command? ratburger was referring to Christians, i pointed out that the acts were carried out by ancient Hebrews therefore you shall state which Christian command, i have already provided two for you. If you are talking of commands to the ancient Hebrews then you must demonstrate, using your obv ...[text shortened]... to, that is Christian acts of atrocity. So far you have proffered nothing but personal remarks.
You're off track robbie.

You've confused the discussion with your own idea of what was being said to whom about what.

I'd like to educate you. If I could you'd definitely be enlightened, but you have an unteachable spirit right now. And I don't mean you're possessed. I mean you are still unregenerated.

The issue between me and you is who Jesus is. Anything else is a waste of time.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Dec 10

you are so busy telling others what they do not know that your posts are practically content-less, its like reading a tabloid newspaper, or a comic, take away the personal remarks and what one is left with is nothingness, thank you for sparing me the ordeal, i shall read no more.
Run and hide then. 😕

w

Moves
13 Dec 10

no i dont think so, what we are discussing is a government that's oil somehow found its way under the Iraqi sand, what we are discussing is a government that wants to safeguard oil pipelines, the so called war against terror is a pretext for imperialism.
So you disagree with the US and the rest of the international community forcing Saddam out of Kuwait whom they invaded?

w

Moves
13 Dec 10
1 edit

Perhaps Marx can show us the way back!! It's just a shame that the Bible is just an opiate.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 10

Originally posted by whodey
So you disagree with the US and the rest of the international community forcing Saddam out of Kuwait whom they invaded?
i disagree with war full stop, especially war based on the lie that there was an imminent threat, when the real reason was that America wanted oil that just happened to be sitting under another nations sand, and dont even bother trying to justify it on moral or democratic grounds, Americans have created more deaths and widows in Iraq than Saddam could possibly have hoped for, young kids sent back to their mothers in body bags, while senators sons slither away simply because their fathers are rich and influential, excuse while i throw up!

rc

Moves
13 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Perhaps Marx can show us the way back!! It's just a shame that the Bible is just an opiate.
Perhaps if persons lived their life like Christ, instead of driving to outrageously opulent churches in SUVs for half an hour every Sunday morning you may have a case, as its stands, you have nothing, Christ lived simply, was content with sustenance and covering and was not interested in wealth for wealth's sake.