1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 11:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    What Jesus preached about was the kingdom of heaven.

What peter preached at Pentecost, and what was occurring was in fulfilment of Joel's prophecy.

If Israel had repented of the killing of their Messiah then things would have progressed in fulfilment of said prophesy and Jesus would have returned and established the kingdom of heaven here on the earth, ...[text shortened]... would be well.

But what happened next?

Are you familiar with the parable of the fig tree?
    The Kingdom of God, where there will be no capitalism, no buying and selling, and no private property. All things will be held in common and you will love your fellow man as you love yourself.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 11:43
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The Kingdom of God, where there will be no capitalism, no buying and selling, and no private property. All things will be held in common and you will love your fellow man as you love yourself.
    So then where is the kingdom?

Is that cleverly veiled contempt and sarcasm on your part, or do you really think Jesus will return and rule with a rod of iron?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 11:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    What you are discussing are governments at war with radical Islam. If not, then I assume you would be comfortable saying that the US and the UK are at war with Islam in general. Is that what you are saying?
    no i dont think so, what we are discussing is a government that's oil somehow found its way under the Iraqi sand, what we are discussing is a government that wants to safeguard oil pipelines, the so called war against terror is a pretext for imperialism.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 11:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no i dont think so, what we are discussing is a government that's oil somehow found its way under the Iraqi sand, what we are discussing is a government that wants to safeguard oil pipelines, the so called war against terror is a pretext for imperialism.
    We'll see what song you sing after you are forced under Sharia law.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:001 edit
    Why i am not a Muslim, sharia law is for Muslims. One oppressive regime is the same as another.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:03
    I imagine a similar song to those affected by christian crusaders. Christianity has the same potential to act in the similar way.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:06
    So then where is the kingdom?

Is that cleverly veiled contempt and sarcasm on your part, or do you really think Jesus will return and rule with a rod of iron?
    It was never realized. The people did not follow Jesus' example. They did not do what was necessary to bring the Kingdom to fruition. They clung too tightly to their private possessions. They rigidly maintained the distinction between "mine and thine." They continued to serve mammon and themselves rather than surrender themselves to the wholeness of the Kingdom.

Jesus will not come back in the flesh. But the Kingdom is forever within people's grasp. When they are ready to put aside their private, petty concerns and enter into the egalitarian One-ness of the Kingdom, then Jesus may be said to have come back a second time 'in spirit.'
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:08
    Originally posted by Ratburgers
    I imagine a similar song to those affected by christian crusaders. Christianity has the same potential to act in the similar way.
    Christianity did act in the same way. It seems to be a point that certain posters are keen to forget.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:091 edit
    Exactly.

Does that mean it's their turn?

I have Muslim friends. They condemn those that commit terrorist acts and say that they really aren't Muslim at all.

I feel the same way about the crusaders. They weren't really Christians.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:12
    Exactly.

Does that mean it's their turn?

I have Muslim friends. They condemn those that commit terrorist acts and say that they really aren't Muslim at all.

I feel the same way about the crusaders. They weren't really Christians.
    Why not. God took extreme measures in the Bible. It seems pretty christian to me.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:18
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It was never realized. The people did not follow Jesus' example. They did not do what was necessary to bring the Kingdom to fruition. They clung too tightly to their private possessions. They rigidly maintained the distinction between "mine and thine." They continued to serve mammon and themselves rather than surrender themselves to the wholeness of the Kin ...[text shortened]... e-ness of the Kingdom, then Jesus may be said to have come back a second time 'in spirit.'
    You are correct. The kingdom was never realized. And there is a reason, but I won't go into that now.

But you contradict Jesus, and spiritualize the record to fit your own world view.

Jesus will indeed return in the flesh. You'll see it. If you're lucky.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:21
    Why not. God took extreme measures in the Bible. It seems pretty christian to me.
    on which teaching of the Christ are you forming this basis? As for the extreme measures in scripture, they were carried out by the hand of the ancient Hebrews.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:21
    You only have a superficial understanding of what is Christian. Based on what you've said so far.

Don't take that as an accusation.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    on which teaching of the Christ are you forming this basis? As for the extreme measures in scripture, they were carried out by the hand of the ancient Hebrews.
    And by God's command.

Jw's are always soft peddling the truth.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:29
    And by God's command.

Jw's are always soft peddling the truth.
    which command? there are two Christian commands, love god and love neighbour as yourself, which one of these are you now trying to abuse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree