1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 03:41
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    'Bless You' following a sneeze is a very old expression.
    It means 'Health to you'.

They hope the sneeze is not the start of a cold or something more sinister.

So in my athiest world 'Bless you' would be acceptable.

Gesundheit.
    Heretic.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 03:43
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Heretic.
    Now don't go and miss the last post on page one please.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 03:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    So, rwingett, what's your point?

Do you think that what was happening on that occasion somehow has relevance to what is going on in the world today?
    Yes. Capitalism and private property are the antithesis of what Jesus preached.
  4. e4
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 03:49
    Heretic.
    'Heretic' is that a word you would hear in the athiest world?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 03:50
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    'Heretic' is that a word you would hear in the athiest world?
    I'll let you know when we have one.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 03:54
    Yes. Capitalism and private property are the antithesis of what Jesus preached.
    What Jesus preached about was the kingdom of heaven.

What peter preached at Pentecost, and what was occurring was in fulfilment of Joel's prophecy.

If Israel had repented of the killing of their Messiah then things would have progressed in fulfilment of said prophesy and Jesus would have returned and established the kingdom of heaven here on the earth, and all would be well.

But what happened next?

Are you familiar with the parable of the fig tree?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 04:45
    Conservatives. They are the ones defending the interests of the rich and promoting income inequality. They make the baby Jesus cry.
    Yep, if only the US could be more like the former USSR and Cuba and Red China where equality and justice lives forever.....even though one recently met its end.

I say the Tea Party is behind this!! 😠
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 04:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yep, if only the US could be more like the former USSR and Cuba and Red China where equality and justice lives forever.....even though one recently met its end.

take it to debates Spanklberger!
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 04:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    take it to debates Spanklberger!
    Why am I the only one who has to flash his ID in this joint? Why not comrade Rwingett? 😠
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 04:561 edit
    Why am I the only one who has to flash his ID in this joint? Why not comrade Rwingett? 😠
    because the spirit is with him, for there are many scriptures which indicate that the rich and those who oppress their fellow man shall perish! Its brother rwingett if you dont mind 🙂
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 05:173 edits
    because the spirit is with him, for there are many scriptures which indicate that the rich and those who oppress their fellow man shall perish! Its brother rwingett if you dont mind 🙂
    Why then do places like the former USSR and Red China kill those of faith and and actively persecute them but the "capitialistic" countries have no problem with those of faith?

BTW; No doubt rich men like Abraham and Job didn't make it into the kingdom. 😛

So what is the progressive definition of rich no days? Is it anyone making over $250,000 is to be a winni roast?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 05:21
    Why then do places like the former USSR and Red China kill those of faith and and actively persecute them but the "capitialistic" countries have no problem with those of faith?
    capitalist countries have no problem, like umm, America? United Kingdom? is not manifest destiny not a rather prejudicial view of another's faith? I mean, its a sore fact, that America has failed to understand that just maybe, the Iraqis and Afghanis have their own cultural values, don't you think.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 05:25
    capitalist countries have no problem, like umm, America? United Kingdom? is not manifest destiny not a rather prejudicial view of another's faith? I mean, its a sore fact, that America has failed to understand that just maybe, the Iraqis and Afghanis have their own cultural values, don't you think.
    What you are discussing are governments at war with radical Islam. If not, then I assume you would be comfortable saying that the US and the UK are at war with Islam in general. Is that what you are saying?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 05:31
    Let's be fair about one thing and that is that countries like the former USSR and China adopted a political ideology from one Karl Marx who hated religion in general. He is no brother of mine even though he might be one of yours.
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 11:20

Do you deny that Jesus promoted equality? The USSR has nothing to do with anything. If Jesus promoted equality, threw the money changers out of the temple, and criticized the rich, then it is apparent, at the very least, that Jesus was no fan of capitalism. For an alleged Christian to simply ignore half of what Jesus had to say seems an act of great impiety.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree