1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 20:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sorry, 'righteous by my own lights', when did i establish Christs righteousness,? infact to my knowledge i have never written a biblical verse in my life, they were all there before i was born, perhaps you mean the Biblical standard, however one can only surmise, anyhow, yes Christ was not adverse to helping those who were ailing spiritually, however ...[text shortened]... nt to assistance then by all means, otherwise, what fellowship do light and darkness have?
    sorry, 'righteous by my own lights', when did i establish Christs righteousness,? infact to my knowledge i have never written a biblical verse in my life, they were all there before i was born, perhaps you mean the Biblical standard

I didn't claim you established Christ's righteousness (whatever that would mean). I just meant that you take it to be the case that Jesus is a righteous person.

however by your definition, one would consider atheists and agnostics to be either lawless, sick (no comment), tax collectors and or/sinners and in need of some help, a position i am sure they would deny!

By my definition?? You're the one who posted an inane quote that implied that the line between believers in Christ and non-believers in Christ also demarcates the righteous from the "lawless". My use of "the lawless" was simply in reference back to your inane quote.

otherwise, what fellowship do light and darkness have?

Hey, if (as you implied with your response to Pawnokeyhole) you think you have no business extending friendship or fellowship to others merely because they don't hold to your particular religious belief; all I'm saying is that seems remarkably petty.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 21:33
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]sorry, 'righteous by my own lights', when did i establish Christs righteousness,? infact to my knowledge i have never written a biblical verse in my life, they were all there before i was born, perhaps you mean the Biblical standard

I didn't claim you established Christ's righteousness (whatever that would mean). I just meant that you take it t ...[text shortened]... d to your particular religious belief; all I'm saying is that seems remarkably petty.[/b]
    ok, how can i explain, i did not write the biblical verse, i merely quoted it, and secondly, it was in jest, and thirdly you should really take care of your adjectives, you post then as if they are fact, nothing could be further from the truth!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 21:37
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    Oh yeah, if he's so awesome how come he's not here then?

What is he off being awesome somewhere else? Not enough awesomeness
    to spread around. I bet I bet he's like awesome for like 5 microseconds a day
    and then he just tuckers out.
    actually he is too awesome to be here, why he even condescended to post on this god forsaken forum, i will never know, you should be honored to have received a glimpse of his awesomeness, and i still maintain he could kick yo measly a$$ at chess!
  4. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:01
    actually he is too awesome to be here, why he even condescended to post on this god forsaken forum, i will never know, you should be honored to have received a glimpse of his awesomeness, and i still maintain he could kick yo measly a$$ at chess!
    condescended?? are you saying gcp was being condescending?
    Being condescending isn't awesome, it's just plain mean.
    Why was gcp being mean to us? we didn't do anything to him.
    He just waltzes in here and condescends away without even telling
    us! I thought you said he was awesome? that's not being awesome,
    it's being mean. Why didn't you tell us gcp was being mean. You were
    all like 'oh yeah, he's the most awesome person ever and btw he
    was condescending to you' that sucks. You're both mean.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:06
    condescended?? are you saying gcp was being condescending?
    Being condescending isn't awesome, it's just plain mean.
    Why was gcp being mean to us? we didn't do anything to him.
    He just waltzes in here and condescends away without even telling
    us! I thought you said he was awesome? that's not being awesome,
    it's being mean. Why didn't you tell us gcp wa ...[text shortened]... wesome person ever and btw he
    was condescending to you' that sucks. You're both mean.
    no i am not saying that he is condescending in the sense of thinking that he is better, no, no, that could never be, i am thinking in terms of his lofty position, that's all, please don't stress, and he doesn't waltz in and then just disappear, he will be back, to kick yo a$$, hehe!
  6. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:25
    no i am not saying that he is condescending in the sense of thinking that he is better, no, no, that could never be, i am thinking in terms of his lofty position, that's all, please don't stress, and he doesn't waltz in and then just disappear, he will be back, to kick yo a$$, hehe!
    Lofty position? So you think everyone in the spirituality forum is low down
    and 'godforsaken' do you? GCP comes in and starts condescending all over
    the place and then you show up and call us all low down dirty godforsaken people!

I don't know where you two get your gumption from, it's a good job I'm not
    religious so I don't mind the 'godforsaken' part but I expect some of the people
    around here are. Hey HEY! Guys? Carrobie thinks that God doesn't care about you!
    He thinks you're all scum, he said so himself!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:56
    Lofty position? So you think everyone in the spirituality forum is low down
    and 'godforsaken' do you? GCP comes in and starts condescending all over
    the place and then you show up and call us all low down dirty godforsaken people!

I don't know where you two get your gumption from, it's a good job I'm not
    religious so I don't mind the 'godforsaken' par ...[text shortened]... hinks that God doesn't care about you!
    He thinks you're all scum, he said so himself!
    lol, it is but a figure of speech, which i do not think 1. the atheists nor the agnostics will care about, infact they may even welcome it, the concept of no god in fact may just appeal to them, and secondly, i have termed no one scum, that is your own expression drawn from your own conclusion and rather furtive imagination, and anyway it was with reference to the forum, not the individuals in it as such and anyway, how do you know that God has not forsaken the forum, it may be true! regardless the sooner you get yo a$$ handed to you on a platter the better, i would do it myself, but i got well, so many better things to do!
  8. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 00:191 edit
    lol, it is but a figure of speech, which i do not think 1. the atheists nor the agnostics will care about, infact they may even welcome it, the concept of no god in fact may just appeal to them, and secondly, i have termed no one scum, that is your own expression drawn from your own conclusion and rather furtive imagination, and anyway it was with re ...[text shortened]... you on a platter the better, i would do it myself, but i got well, so many better things to do!
    So now you're saying that the atheists would welcome a belief in a God
    that doesn't care about them or would actually prefer it if there was no God.
    Listen buddy, I'm an atheist and I would love for there to be a God, I just don't
    think there is. Just because I don't believe in God, doesn't mean that I want
    Satan and his bearded hordes to march across the world, stabbing and biting
    everything that gets in their way. Atheists and agnostics aren't satanic baby killers
    you know?
    Jeez, first you tell all the Christians that they all smell of rats p**s and then
    you tell the atheists and agnostics that they want to get cozie with Satan!
    It doesn't even make any sense, why would an agnostic want there to be no God?
    Agnostics, the shruggers of the theological world don't want their minds
    made up for them. Especially by someone that thinks they're all low down pigs
    trotters of people.

I think you've just come here to insult people. What happened, you had a bad
    day and now you want everyone else to suffer is that it? You're cruel and unusual!!
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 00:44
    ok, how can i explain, i did not write the biblical verse, i merely quoted it, and secondly, it was in jest, and thirdly you should really take care of your adjectives, you post then as if they are fact, nothing could be further from the truth!
    Oh, good, your quote was in jest. Sorry, my bad.

you should really take care of your adjectives

What should I be feeding them?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 00:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    Interesting questions.

The only thing that would be different from an encounter at a Burger King or anywhere else from our meeting here in this forum would be that we would be face to face. At least as far as our positions are concerned.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here. I'm who I am. Not what I appear to be here. I'm not afraid to stand up a ...[text shortened]... ot here to make enemies. There is entirely too much misunderstanding going on here.
    As a matter of fact I've offend wondered if I could meet some of you in person. I'd enjoy that.

This is an interesting slip.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 22:11
    Interesting questions.

The only thing that would be different from an encounter at a Burger King or anywhere else from our meeting here in this forum would be that we would be face to face. At least as far as our positions are concerned.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here. I'm who I am. Not what I appear to be here. I'm not afraid to stand up a ...[text shortened]... ot here to make enemies. There is entirely too much misunderstanding going on here.
    How about you? Is your perspective broader than the scope of this forum?

Probably not. You may get a little more of the "real" me here as I don't have to worry about being fired or someone throwing a rock through my window. Also, I'm a little more interesting in writing than I am in person.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 22:51
    I made no such accusation.

If one believes there is "no God", but there is, then by definition that one is an enemy of God.

I do not make this assertion for the purpose of being sarcastic or insulting. I am simply stating the obivious.

In addition, I do not believe atheists are moraly defective any more than theists. The only difference between the ...[text shortened]... His son for eternal life, and subsequently learns how to live a life that reflects Godliness.
    If one believes there is "no God", but there is, then by definition that one is an enemy of God.

I do not make this assertion for the purpose of being sarcastic or insulting. I am simply stating the obivious.

Call me stupid (perhaps I am) but I don't see how this is obvious...see suppose there does exist a god (or gods even!), a god(s) that doesn't fit your definitions...how must it follow that by definition one must be an enemy of God if they do not believe in its existence...what if a god that did exist didn't really care and would call them friend eitherway?
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 23:49
    Just to clarify things:

1. I am not saying that most, or even a significant minority, of atheists/agnostics are nasty and/or sarcastic.

2. I am not saying that there aren't plenty of nasty and sarcastic theists.

3. What I am saying is that, on this particular forum especially, it seems to me that on those occasions in which a poster is nasty and/or sarcastic, a large majority of the time the poster is an atheist/agnostic. I basically pulled the 80% figure out of thin air; maybe it's 70%, I don't know. It's just my personal perception that when sarcasm or general nastiness occurs in religious discussions, the atheist/agnostic is usually the perp.

But like I said in the OP, I might be "chock-full-of-it." (God knows I've been chock-full-of-it before 🙂)
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 23:51
    gaychessplayer is an awesome dude, his posts in the chess only forum are well researched and based on practical experience, i bet he could whup you! at chess that is!
    Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy your posts as well!
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 15:18
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How about you? Is your perspective broader than the scope of this forum?

Probably not. You may get a little more of the "real" me here as I don't have to worry about being fired or someone throwing a rock through my window. Also, I'm a little more interesting in writing than I am in person.
    I know what you mean. In real life things are quite ordinary, but in here anything goes.

Still, I think it would be much more interesting to debate face to face with each other than from behind this wall. So much of our character is hidden.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree