1. Joined
    19 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 23:56
    Homosexuality is undoubtedly a crime against nature. The evidence is in the Bible: "thou shall not lie down with a man as thou does with a woman." There fore I believe it is a sin, as it is clearly outlined as one.
  2. Joined
    13 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 00:00
    Is it ok to have sex standing up with another man then?
  3. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 00:19
    Originally posted by 111sun
    Homosexuality is undoubtedly a crime against nature. The evidence is in the Bible: "thou shall not lie down with a man as thou does with a woman." There fore I believe it is a sin, as it is clearly outlined as one.
    it also says we have free will,who are you to judge anyway,judge yourself
  4. The sky
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 01:14
    Originally posted by 111sun
    It's questionable whether the bible can be used as evidence for what's a crime against nature. It's also questionable whether "crime against nature" makes sense. And even if you believe that it does, and you believe that the bible can be used as evidence, there are still many different ways to interpret what the bible says, and many Christians don't think homosexuality is wrong. Where I live, we are just about to get a bishop who works for allowing homosexual marriage in church.
  5. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 01:24
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It's questionable whether the bible can be used as evidence for what's a crime against nature. It's also questionable whether "crime against nature" makes sense. And even if you believe that it does, and you believe that the bible can be used as evidence, there are still many different ways to interpret what the bible says, and many Christians don't think ho ...[text shortened]... e, we are just about to get a bishop who works for allowing homosexual marriage in church.
    how much money does he get for turning a blind eye?
  6. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 01:28
    The way I see it, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. The only homos in the Bible are from Soddom, and God destroyed the whole city because of them. Any Christian that thinks homosexuality is okay is either horribly mislead or not Christian.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 01:39
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    The way I see it, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. The only homos in the Bible are from Soddom, and God destroyed the whole city because of them. Any Christian that thinks homosexuality is okay is either horribly mislead or not Christian.
    Maybe you should talk to one of them. As I am not Christian myself, I don't care all that much about their reasons, but if a priest who used to be against homosexuality changes his or her mind after years of struggling with the issue, as this soon-to-be-bishop and another Norwegian priest I know of did, I am sure they have good reasons.
  8. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 01:44
    Maybe you should talk to one of them. As I am not Christian myself, I don't care all that much about their reasons, but if a priest who used to be against homosexuality changes his or her mind after years of struggling with the issue, as this soon-to-be-bishop and another Norwegian priest I know of did, I am sure they have good reasons.
    money and little boys
  9. The sky
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 01:48
    Originally posted by hakaman
    money and little boys
    Money from whom? And I don't see how standing up for the right of homosexual people to marry has anything to do with little boys (or girls).
  10. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 01:55
    Money from whom? And I don't see how standing up for the right of homosexual people to marry has anything to do with little boys (or girls).
    money from the church he must get paid or does he preach for free,and how many priest bishops have touched little boys where they should not be touched
  11. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    The only homos in the Bible are from Soddom, and God destroyed the whole city because of them.
    Isn't god supposed to be all in favour of love and forgiveness? I'm a little confused as to how destroying a whole city (full of people he created) gels with that idea.
  12. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 01:58
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    Isn't god supposed to be all in favour of love and forgiveness? I'm a little confused as to how destroying a whole city (full of people he created) gels with that idea.
    he created man knowing they would become homos
  13. The sky
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 02:00
    Originally posted by hakaman
    money from the church he must get paid or does he preach for free,and how many priest bishops have touched little boys where they should not be touched
    He gets in a lot of trouble with the church for his views. Of course he gets paid by the church, but so do other priests who don't support homosexuality. And he isn't supporting paedophilia, so how would his viewpoint be beneficial for paedophiliac priests?
  14. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 02:04
    He gets in a lot of trouble with the church for his views. Of course he gets paid by the church, but so do other priests who don't support homosexuality. And he isn't supporting paedophilia, so how would his viewpoint be beneficial for paedophiliac priests?
    they both cant be right its either wrong or right
  15. Joined
    19 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 02:06
    It would seem that after I brought up this topic, only Acemaster has been capable of any rational thought. Otherwise I don't see how anyone can contradict me (or the bible).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree