1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 23:19
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    My point is that what you say is what the verse says.
    Oh! I misunderstood. Got it now. It depends on which definition of shall one is using.
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 23:26
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    The way I see it, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. The only homos in the Bible are from Soddom, and God destroyed the whole city because of them. Any Christian that thinks homosexuality is okay is either horribly mislead or not Christian.
    It would have been so much better for the soddomites to gand rape old whotsits daughter.

Hypocrite and hate monger
  3. Meddling with things
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 23:30
    Please explain why, scientifically, you think homosexuality is a malfuntioning gene or whatever. Why are there more homos in Los Angeles then there are in New York City?\

As for the Creaion/Evolution thing, we haven't lost that war... and we never will.
    Which 'war' is that? Why not fight ignorance rather than attack learning.

The bible was written by people from the iron age. Its not fit as a guide to the natural world and large tracts of it are unfit to be used as a guide to moral behaviour
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 03:29
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Which 'war' is that? Why not fight ignorance rather than attack learning.

The bible was written by people from the iron age. Its not fit as a guide to the natural world and large tracts of it are unfit to be used as a guide to moral behaviour
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 03:32
    The way I see it, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. The only homos in the Bible are from Soddom, and God destroyed the whole city because of them. Any Christian that thinks homosexuality is okay is either horribly mislead or not Christian.
    Why not just stone them to death, as your book of bigotry demands? However, incest is just fine and dandy, right?
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 03:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    You are over confident in your own opinions. Any rational objective observation of animal behavior shows that animals do not have the capacity to reason. So therefor humans are much more superior.
    What a load of twaddle. Many apes have the ability of reason, as do, for example, octopi.
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 21:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    So I would assume that Biblical condemnation of homosexual behavoir must then be unjust to say the least in your view. Do you now think that the Mosaic law given by God is then flawed after reading this study?

Instead of the excuse, "The devil made me do it" you are saying that "My body made me do it". Am I hearing you correctly?
    Absolutely I would say it was unjust , based on a lack of knowledge of human sexuality. I imagine that in the OT somebody who had tourrettes syndrome would have been labelled as deliberately sinning and uttering profanities without anyone realising it was a neurological condition.

You could still say that homosexuality is part of the flawed nature of creation and is thus part of our sinful world , but as for it being a deliberate choice on the part of the individual? Would you say someone with tourette's was sinning? Or would you say they needed healing? How might you opportion blame or judgement?

Do you feel God credits you with having gained a victory over homosexuality? Was it a struggle for you to avoid the temptation of homosexuality? If not then it must be a case that a homosexual is experiencing a "temptation" that you don't experience. Have you ever wondered why that might be? Do you really imagine that homosexuals are all really heterosexuals who have "gone off the rails" and sinned? Do you think you could have gone off the rails? Myself , I know there never was any chance of that happening and I don't think it was down to me either. It's just the way my biology is and I would guess you would feel the same.

One thing I do know , my heterosexuality is NOT a lifestyle choice . I could no longer change it than I could change the colour of my eyes. This leads me to suspect strongly that this may well be the same for homosexuals because if they were heterosexual like me then they wouldn't even seriously consider homosexuality. I would find the experience of sleeping with another man stomach churning so why any true heterosexual would do this willingly as a lifestyle choice is beyond me.

You see your argument depends on the idea that we are all born heterosexual with no problems but this to me couldn't possibly explain it.

Mosaic law is flawed I'm afraid . It was based upon the understanding of it's time. But we now know a lot more than we did. It's not a problem though. Christianity has always been an evolving religion anyway. We cannot allow our faith to make us believe things that just won't stand up. We just make fools of ourselves and the Atheists have us for breakfast.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:02
    Originally posted by hakaman
    it also says we have free will,who are you to judge anyway,judge yourself
    that's not the point...
    the point is that homosexuality is a sin, and He will judge it as so come Armogeddon time...
    it's an obomination of society...
    i am not the one to judge homosexuals, but i am the one to spread what the Holy Bible says: homosexuality is a sin
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:04
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It's questionable whether the bible can be used as evidence for what's a crime against nature. It's also questionable whether "crime against nature" makes sense. And even if you believe that it does, and you believe that the bible can be used as evidence, there are still many different ways to interpret what the bible says, and many Christians don't think ho ...[text shortened]... e, we are just about to get a bishop who works for allowing homosexual marriage in church.
    if you believe that anything in the Bible is questionable, how can you have any concrete faith in anything the Bible says?
    do you determine foir yourself what in the Bible is truth?
    if so, i think it is sad for you to think that you are wiser than God
  10. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:05
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    that's not the point...
    the point is that homosexuality is a sin, and He will judge it as so come Armogeddon time...
    it's an obomination of society...
    i am not the one to judge homosexuals, but i am the one to spread what the Holy Bible says: homosexuality is a sin
    What would you do if you were gay, never have sex?

Or spend lots of time confessing your sins?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:07
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    What would you do if you were gay, never have sex?

Or spend lots of time confessing your sins?
    not a possibility...
    i recognize it as a sin, so id never consider the possibility of being gay
    never gonna happen
  12. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:09
    if you believe that anything in the Bible is questionable, how can you have any concrete faith in anything the Bible says?
    do you determine foir yourself what in the Bible is truth?
    if so, i think it is sad for you to think that you are wiser than God
    Was the bible not written by man? Capable of exaggeration, error and fabrication?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:13
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    Was the bible not written by man? Capable of exaggeration, error and fabrication?
    no, as if it were flawed, God wouldn't have allowed the lies to live so long...
    When the word of God was given to and recorded by man, it was done so wih the direct inspiration from God Himself
    the Bible is the truth, every bit
  14. The sky
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 00:32
    I don't.
  15. The sky
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 00:58
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Absolutely I would say it was unjust , based on a lack of knowledge of human sexuality. I imagine that in the OT somebody who had tourrettes syndrome would have been labelled as deliberately sinning and uttering profanities without anyone realising it was a neurological condition.

You could still say that homosexuality is part of the flawed nature ...[text shortened]... stand up. We just make fools of ourselves and the Atheists have us for breakfast.
    Good post. I think a lot of the laws in the bible made sense at that time, in that society. There were good reasons for them, for example hygiene. The reasons are often not mentioned in the bible. So when the environment changed and the reasons were not longer applicable, the laws were still kept because they were seen as absolute, and people were not aware of the reasons for the laws.

As for homosexuality, there's also a lot of doubt as to how exactly the texts in the bible should be interpreted and exactly what behaviour they are talking about. It's unlikely that they were written with monogamous homosexual relationships in mind.

And I was so looking forward to a nice Christian breakfast tomorrow. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree