1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 15:096 edits
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    A heterosexual Christian (or atheist) is free to have sex with a member of the same sex but they are unlikely to do it because they would not enjoy it , their brain would find the idea repulsive. You are free to eat doggie doo but you are not going to because your brain has hot wired you evolutionarily (for good reason) to not do it. Similarily , many was tempted to be unfaithful then that could be seen as sin because there is choice involved.
    A heterosexual Christian is free to have sex with a member of the opposite sex with whom they are married only. I am not free to have sex outside of wedlock, therefore, as a Christian I will inevitably frustrate my own sex drive by not allowing to let myself have sex outside of wedlock as is the homosexual.

There are two possibilites here. Either homosexuals are "unchangable" in their desire to have sex with the same sex or they are "changeable". I do not question their homosexual desire to begin with, however. I have heard of those who claim to have been delivered from their homosexual lifestyle and who now say they are attracted to members of the opposite sex. Those who are nonbelievers would scoff at such a notion and perhaps you do as well. Perhaps you think such a condition as this is outside the realm of the Almighty to remedy, however, I know of one former or current homosexual, you be the judge, who seems to be happily married now going on 10 years.

If, however, one never is delivered from such a condition the question remains. Should a Christian hold their sexual desires in higher regard than their obligation to their Lord? The scriptures say that in the last days their will be lovers of pleasure ahead of lovers of their God. This applies to the homosexual as well as the heterosexual. Either way your sexual drive will be frustrated to varying degrees assuming you play by God's rules and allow yourself to live in submission to him. Although this takes self control and patients I think it good that we not have sex with every one that we may be attracted to. In fact, God may ask you not to ever have sex at all. Consider those whom God has called to be priests. Those that feel they are being called by God to go into the preisthood are then asked to remain free of sexual interatctions with others altogether. Perhaps you view this as inhumane and barbaric to ask of a person? Nonetheless, there are those who live this way and seem to be quite content and happy. Of coarse, not everyone would agree that one could be happy while holding their sexual desires in check in such a way I am sure, but as a Christian you either follow your Lord or you go your own way. The choice is yours, so the question remains. What do you love more? Do you love your God or your own personal pleasure more? The answer will be seen in your actions.

The last question I have for you is what about bisexuals? What should they do?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 15:41
    Originally posted by Joshua B
    thanks for the information, although i was actually aware of it, however with all due respect i fail to see the relevance in this context as my original question still remains unanswered - is that the message the Bible promotes in this matter? if a person does something that you consider to be objectable (on whatever level, morally, spiritually etc) then ...[text shortened]... forgiveness, understanding, compassion and equality for all man kind. just a thought
    Well let say if you where to kill someone and go to trial and then the Judge lets you go, then he would be an unjust Judge, am I right?
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 16:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    A heterosexual Christian is free to have sex with a member of the opposite sex with whom they are married only. I am not free to have sex outside of wedlock, therefore, as a Christian I will inevitably frustrate my own sex drive by not allowing to let myself have sex outside of wedlock as is the homosexual.

There are two possibilites here. Either homosex ...[text shortened]... actions.

First of all by "free" I mean able to rather than permitted to by God. So in the permitted sense you are not free permitted) but in the able sense you are (you could do it)

The difference between yourself and a homosexual is that God is asking you to channel your sexual desires sensibly and appropriately towards one person in wedlock. The homosexual is in a different position because they are not being asked to channel their sexual drives but to negate them entirely. It would be like someone asking you to either become celibate or become homosexual...it's possible but I wouldn't expect you to confess it as sin if you didn't.

As for healings and curing of homosexuality....I do think that there may be some homosexuals who have psychological issues or their sexuality might not be so embedded as others. they could be healed psychologically . It's also possible that God heals the brain as it were and then it would be a healing akin to a healing of brain cancer or a tumour. However , it's important to realise that all homosexuality is not the same. There can be more than one cause.

Bi-sexuals are interesting in that it's possible that a person can have a mixture of a masculinised and feminised brain and that their homosexuality may be a complex intertwining of psychological and biological causes. We do know that people are born with confused gender and genitalia regularly , leaving it up to doctors to decide their sex at birth. It makes you wonder what is going on in that person's brain structure as well. If someone can have mixed genitalia it's not a big leap to think that the brain could be easily affected as well. A surgeon decides to make the the baby into a little boy but the poor little guy has a female brain.

This to me is what could explain a lot of homosexuality. The genitalia develop normally but the brain development goes wrong somewhere. You end up with a mans brain in a womans body (or vide versa) . How is this possible ? Because genitalia development takes place at a different stage from brain development. The female foetus doesn't get the right hormones to develop male genitalia but later on the brain gets a dose to masculinise it (and give it male sex drives) Hey presto a man in a woman's body.

The basic framework and science is developing all the time and the clues are there for all to see...it's only a matter of time. A lot of the jigsaw puzzle pieces are there already.

Tell me what do you think causes sexuality? Do you deny it could have anything to do with the brain?
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 16:17
    Originally posted by whodey

There are two possibilites here. Either homosex ...[text shortened]... actions.

Before delving into LeVay's study, it is important to examine pre-existing evidence for brain differences and sexual dimorphism in humans. Prenatal and perinatal hormones organize the components of the brain and create either a male or female brain and thereby produce male or female typical behavior (5). The most sexually dimorphic region of the brain is located in the hypothalamus. The sexually dimorphic nucleus of the preoptic area (SDN-POA) is the most differentiated portion of the brain between sexes. In humans, the SDN is twice as large in young adult men than it is in women. The SDN-POA also plays an essential role in the secretion of gonadotropin, maternal behavior, and sexual behavior in many mammals and therefore implies that it is critical in human sexual behavior. There are four cell groups located in this preoptic-anterior hypothalamic area. These four groups have been termed the Interstitial Nuclei of the Anterior Hypothalamus (INAH 1-4). Research done on these cell groups shows that the INAH-3 is about three times larger in the male brain than it is in the female brain (6). The INAH-2 is twice as large in the male brain than the female brain (6). The importance of these regions in sexual differentiation (between the sexes) led scientists to believe that sexual orientation could be on a continuum in this area of neurological research (7).

>From this previous work on the anterior hypothalamus, LeVay hypothesized that the INAH 2 or 3 would be larger in men who sexually prefer women than it would be for men who prefer males. In essence, LeVay proposed that male homosexuals have brains that are different from heterosexual men and similar to the brains of women. LeVay examined post-mortem tissue from 41 subjects most of whom had died from AIDS. His research found a correlation between brain structure and sexual orientation. (7) LeVay found a significant difference in the size of the INAH-3 in heterosexual men and homosexual men. The INAH-3 was two to three times larger in heterosexual men than in gay men. He found no significant difference in size between homosexual men and women. Regarding his results, LeVay said, "The discovery that a nucleus differs in size between heterosexual and homosexual men illustrates that sexual orientation in humans is amenable to study at the biological level." (2)

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro01/web1/Rana.html
  5. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 19:47
    Originally posted by 111sun
    Homosexuality is undoubtedly a crime against nature. The evidence is in the Bible: "thou shall not lie down with a man as thou does with a woman." There fore I believe it is a sin, as it is clearly outlined as one.
    You site nature and the Bible - pick one or the other and go with it. They dont go hand in hand.

The Bible says it, but nature does not. Look at every single species that has male and female of the species. There is homosexual activity in every one of them...
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 20:07
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    You site nature and the Bible - pick one or the other and go with it. They dont go hand in hand.

The Bible says it, but nature does not. Look at every single species that has male and female of the species. There is homosexual activity in every one of them...
    No they don't. Homosexualality occurs between two humans. what animals do con not be rationally compared to what humans do because animals are not rational.
  7. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 20:33
    Originally posted by josephw
    No they don't. Homosexualality occurs between two humans. what animals do con not be rationally compared to what humans do because animals are not rational.
    If that helps you sleep, then go with it, but I will (as well as any animist, naturalist, biologist or zoologist will) have to disagree.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 20:46
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    If that helps you sleep, then go with it, but I will (as well as any animist, naturalist, biologist or zoologist will) have to disagree.
    Disagree with what? That animals are not rational?
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 20:49
    Disagree with what? That animals are not rational?
    I'm sorry, could you go over how homosexuality is dependant on rationality again, I must have missed it.
  10. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 20:541 edit
    Do we not follow our nature just as animals do?

The only spieces that makes a differentiation between animals and humans are humans. How irrational is that?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 20:57
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I'm sorry, could you go over how homosexuality is dependant on rationality again, I must have missed it.
    You're twisting the logic!
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 21:01
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    Do we not follow our nature just as animals do?

The only spieces that makes a differentiation between animals and humans are humans. How irrational is that?
    Of course! WE are subject to nature too.

Is it irrational to differentiate between the spieces?
  13. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 21:03
    Of course! WE are subject to nature too.

Is it irrational to differentiate between the spieces?
    Human beings are animals. . . There is no spieces differentiation.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 21:14
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    Human beings are animals. . . There is no spieces differentiation.
    Humans are mammals. Some animals are mammals. But I don't know what " there is no spieces differentiation" means!
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 22:03
    You're twisting the logic!
    No I'm not, you clearly said: Homosexualality occurs between two humans. what animals do con not be rationally compared to what humans do because animals are not rational.

This was in response to a claim that animals showed homosexual tendencies. It logically follows that if you disagree that animals show homosexual tendencies and offer their lack of rationality as evidence of this, that you believe homosexuality carries a burden of rationality and of humanity, which it clearly does not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree