1. CA, USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 02:22
    Originally posted by 111sun
    Homosexuality is undoubtedly a crime against nature. The evidence is in the Bible: "thou shall not lie down with a man as thou does with a woman." There fore I believe it is a sin, as it is clearly outlined as one.
    As long as you're going to quote the Bible, you may as well throw this one in ..

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Get that telephonepole out of your own eye before you worry about the speck in someone elses.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 02:57
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Maybe you should talk to one of them. As I am not Christian myself, I don't care all that much about their reasons, but if a priest who used to be against homosexuality changes his or her mind after years of struggling with the issue, as this soon-to-be-bishop and another Norwegian priest I know of did, I am sure they have good reasons.
    Rom. 1:24,27

Wherefore God gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; ....

Lust is the reason. And that is not good. If you don't know that then you are lying to yourself.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 03:01
    Originally posted by jammer
    As long as you're going to quote the Bible, you may as well throw this one in ..

Get that telephonepole out of your own eye before you worry about the speck in someone elses.
    The behavior is being jugded.
  4. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 04:17

i like that comment funny funny
  5. Joined
    29 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 06:27
    Originally posted by josephw
    The behavior is being jugded.
    If God's doing all this judging, maybe we should refrain from it
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 06:561 edit
    how can you try to base fact on a book that a lot of people dont even believe in? "oh the bible says it, it must be true!"
  7. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 08:01
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    Isn't god supposed to be all in favour of love and forgiveness? I'm a little confused as to how destroying a whole city (full of people he created) gels with that idea.
    It was like an execution.
  8. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 08:09

Get that telephonepole out of your own eye before you worry about the speck in someone elses.[/b]
    No. 1 is the most used verse in the Bible. It means judging a person, not a belief.

No. 2 has to do with, say, if I were homosexual (which I'm not) and were telling you that homosexuality was wrong.
  9. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 12:49
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    No. 1 is the most used verse in the Bible. It means judging a person, not a belief.

No. 2 has to do with, say, if I were homosexual (which I'm not) and were telling you that homosexuality was wrong.
    I, along with most others, take it at face value. Nobody should judge lest they be judged themselves.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 13:03
    Originally posted by Wayne1324
    I, along with most others, take it at face value. Nobody should judge lest they be judged themselves.
    So you mean to say that nobody should speak out about sin?
  11. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 13:21
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So you mean to say that nobody should speak out about sin?
    Is that what I said? No.

I said you dont judge me about my beliefs, and I wont judge you about yours.

You can speak out about homosexuality all you want (I will admit that I am somewhat of a homophobe), just dont judge John Doe because he is gay.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 13:28
    Originally posted by Wayne1324
    Is that what I said? No.

I said you dont judge me about my beliefs, and I wont judge you about yours.

You can speak out about homosexuality all you want (I will admit that I am somewhat of a homophobe), just dont judge John Doe because he is gay.
    I absolutely agree that the sinner should be loved, but the sin itself should be hated.
  13. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 13:42
    Originally posted by 111sun
    It would seem that after I brought up this topic, only Acemaster has been capable of any rational thought. Otherwise I don't see how anyone can contradict me (or the bible).
    The difficulty with labelling homosexuality as a sin is that the scientific evidence is starting to point towards the idea that homosexuality is a biological phenomenon. Research into testosterone and its role in flooding the foetus in the womb has shown string links with sexual development. There's a huge amount that can be said on this but suffice it to say that I think in our lifetimes it may be that science will show homosexuality to be akin to other biological development problems (such as chimera and dual genitalia etc etc).

I used to think of it as a sin but now I have completely reversed this idea . I think the church will be on its back heels for decades to come on this and once it is shown to be biological then how can it be a sin? It would be like saying a disabled person is a sinner.

One thing for you to think about is this. Do you feel your hetersexuality is a life choice? If you "chose" to could you start to find the same sex attractive just by choosing? If not then that suggests hetersexuality is biologically determined. So why not homosexuality? I know for myself that I am heterosexual by nature , I couldn't change it if I wanted. That's how most gay people feel.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 13:452 edits
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    The difficulty with labelling homosexuality as a sin is that the scientific evidence is starting to point towards the idea that homosexuality is a biological phenomenon. Research into testosterone and its role in flooding the foetus in the womb has shown string links with sexual development. There's a huge amount that can be said on this but suffice it heterosexual by nature , I couldn't change it if I wanted. That's how most gay people feel.
    I would love to see this research. Interesting that I know many ex-homosexuals that have confessed their sin and have been set free from their homosexual inclinations.

See: http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/bornorbred.pdf
  15. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 14:34
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    The way I see it, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. (snip)
    Careful. If you're going to go for the whole "the creation story is a factual account" thing, then eventually someone on this forum will mention something about sheep being created before Eve, and the who thing could just get ugly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree