1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '15 19:56
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As part of my degree, i also studied your religion. Does the fact that i graduated as an atheist mean that yours is also a false theology? (as it failed to either embrace or convince me).

To clarify for you, i began my studies with an open mind, and although i enjoyed the subject it wasn't a prerequisite to abandon myself to God. - As Dive said, ...[text shortened]... sionate topic that leads to lively debates, the main reason i went on to read it at University).
    What do you mean when you say that you studied mine.?

What is mine?

And what percentage of your degree was devoted to theology?
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 May '15 20:13
    Originally posted by Dasa
    What do you mean when you say that you studied mine.?

What is mine?

And what percentage of your degree was devoted to theology?
    I majored in Theology. (Also did some philosophy, sociology and psychology modules).

Nothing i have heard from you in these forums is anything i haven't heard before. Hence whatever 'flavour' of Hindu you are (or whatever label you put on yourself) the ideas you have put forward (reincarnation etc) failed to 'convince' or embrace me during my studies, which by your own reasoning must therefore make them false.

Incidentally, i am also vegetarian. (So that's an atheist who studied theology and doesn't eat meat).
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '15 20:17
    What is wrong with you?

I gave a reasonable comment that pointed out a very acceptable phenomena.

That phenomena is call enlightenment.

So ..................Why wasn't he enlightened when in fact he embraced the theology so much that he ended up with a BA. for his arduous effort?
    Acceptable to whom?

"Enlightenment" is a completely false thing to make people think they're on the right road when they're not. It's just a way for people to tell themselves they're correct when they can't be bothered to have an actual clue.

"Enlightenment" is not salvation. Far from it. It is self-worship and self-serving. It doesn't even begin to exalt God, it only "exalts" the one claiming they are "enlightened".
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '15 20:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    'Medieval church guise'? What's that when it's at home?
    Its poetry! 😀
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 May '15 20:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its poetry! 😀
    One mans' poetry is another mans babble. I'm going with the latter.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '15 22:03
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    One mans' poetry is another mans babble. I'm going with the latter.
    True but remember Van Gogh did not sell a single painting during his lifetime either.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '15 22:57
    I majored in Theology. (Also did some philosophy, sociology and psychology modules).

Nothing i have heard from you in these forums is anything i haven't heard before. Hence whatever 'flavour' of Hindu you are (or whatever label you put on yourself) the ideas you have put forward (reincarnation etc) failed to 'convince' or embrace me during my stud ...[text shortened]... entally, i am also vegetarian. (So that's an atheist who studied theology and doesn't eat meat).
    I am not a Hindu,.......... never was and never will be.

Hindus are demigod worshipers.

You haven't heard much from me in this forum because no one has asked a sincere question since I have been here................and do you know why?

Its because there is not one person in this forum who knows what the difference is between true religion and false religion.

When a person does not know this..............they then ask all the wrong questions bordering on stupid and foolish and mainly insincere sarcastic and baiting.

So Ghost of Duke who majored in philosophy and sociology and psychology.........What is the difference between true religion and false religion.

An atheist cannot answer this because they don't know what true religion is......do they?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '15 23:021 edit

Nothing i have heard from you in these forums is anything i haven't heard before. Hence whatever 'flavour' of Hindu you are (or whatever label you put on yourself) the ideas you have put forward (reincarnation etc) failed to 'convince' or embrace me during my stud ...[text shortened]... entally, i am also vegetarian. (So that's an atheist who studied theology and doesn't eat meat).
    Majoring in theology does not make one an expert in any one religion. So you are no more qualified than I am to tell Dasa you understand his religion more than his teacher. We both disagree with him in our own way and we have the right to do that.

The problem I see with Dasa is that he will not reveal the evidence that might prove that his vedic religion is the only true religion. He prefers to just state it as a fact with little explanation.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '15 02:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Majoring in theology does not make one an expert in any one religion. So you are no more qualified than I am to tell Dasa you understand his religion more than his teacher. We both disagree with him in our own way and we have the right to do that.

The problem I see with Dasa is that he will not reveal the evidence that might prove that his vedic religion is the only true religion. He prefers to just state it as a fact with little explanation.
    The explanation comes with the right questions...........and so far no person has come up with a sincere question.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 May '15 04:31
    The explanation comes with the right questions...........and so far no person has come up with a sincere question.
    There have been sincere questions asked in the past. The fact that you may not like them does not mean they are not sincere.

However, if you wish us to understand your belief you are going to have to do a much better job than just waiting for someone to ask a question that you have imagined in your head.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '15 06:51

You haven't heard much from me in this forum because no one has asked a sincere question since I have been here................and do you know why?

An atheist cannot answer this because they don't know what true religion is......do they?[/b]
    Okay, sincere question coming your way.

Why do you over use the full stop in your posts?..............Is it for dramatic effect?

Your question of course about what is a true religion is rather silly when addressed to an atheist..............(Dramatic pause).
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 May '15 16:09
    Okay, sincere question coming your way.

Why do you over use the full stop in your posts?..............Is it for dramatic effect?

Your question of course about what is a true religion is rather silly when addressed to an atheist..............(Dramatic pause).
    That is not the kind of sincere question Dasa is referring to. Ask him a sincere question as to why we should believe in the truth of his vedic scriptures or something to do with his so-called true religion and its teachings.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '15 16:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is not the kind of sincere question Dasa is referring to. Ask him a sincere question as to why we should believe in the truth of his vedic scriptures or something to do with his so-called true religion and its teachings.
    To quote an odd hamster:

"However, if you wish us to understand your belief you are going to have to do a much better job than just waiting for someone to ask a question that you have imagined in your head."
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 May '15 20:05
    To quote an odd hamster:

"However, if you wish us to understand your belief you are going to have to do a much better job than just waiting for someone to ask a question that you have imagined in your head."
    I just believe you could do better than that by asking something that is at least related to his religion. Just saying.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree