1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140150
    25 Mar '14 19:34
    Who was (is) Jesus ? A real person ? A prophet or wise man? A Spiritual being ? Was he a son of God ? Or the one and only Son of God ? Is He God (the trinity) ? Was He flesh and Blood like the rest of us ?

    Manny
  2. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    25 Mar '14 20:00
    Originally posted by menace71
    Who was (is) Jesus ? A real person ? A prophet or wise man? A Spiritual being ? Was he a son of God ? Or the one and only Son of God ? Is He God (the trinity) ? Was He flesh and Blood like the rest of us ?

    Manny
    None of those things are of any value. People will argue about irrelevancies until the cows come home. What is of value is if we follow His commandments. Nothing else matters.
  3. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8554
    25 Mar '14 20:06
    Originally posted by menace71
    Who was (is) Jesus ? A real person ? A prophet or wise man? A Spiritual being ? Was he a son of God ? Or the one and only Son of God ? Is He God (the trinity) ? Was He flesh and Blood like the rest of us ?

    Manny
    Do you think it is important what Jesus believed about Himself ?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    25 Mar '14 20:06
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    None of those things are of any value. People will argue about irrelevancies until the cows come home. What is of value is if we follow His commandments. Nothing else matters.
    It would matter if he was just a carpenter from Nazareth.
  5. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    25 Mar '14 20:311 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It would matter if he was just a carpenter from Nazareth.
    Not to anyone. It would just mean that he was not the Messiah. Someone else would have been it.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93340
    25 Mar '14 20:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    Do you think it is important what Jesus believed about [b] Himself ? [/b]
    it would be important to know if he was suffering from a mental illness or not.
  7. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8554
    25 Mar '14 20:342 edits
    I agree that it matters if He was not Who He said and believed Himself to be, of course.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    25 Mar '14 21:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Not to anyone. It would just mean that he was not the Messiah. Someone else would have been it.
    But then people wouldn't be following 'his' commands, which is what your post was about.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93340
    25 Mar '14 21:40
    i would recommend anybody interested in this thread to read 'behold the man' a sci-fi/fantasy novel by michael moorcock about a time traveler who decides to become the biblical christ when he sees that the real christ is an idiot.
  10. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    25 Mar '14 21:441 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But then people wouldn't be following 'his' commands, which is what your post was about.
    People have been following the commandments of Christ even before He arrived. and even without knowing who He is. It does not matter whether the Messiah was Jesus of Nazareth or some other character.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    25 Mar '14 21:51
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    People have been following the commandments of Christ even before He arrived. and even without know who He is. It does not matter whether the Messiah was Jesus of Nazareth or some other character.
    How did they do that? You're not making much sense.
  12. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    25 Mar '14 22:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How did they do that? You're not making much sense.
    Maybe the OSAS doctrine has dulled your understanding of Christ and his teachings.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    25 Mar '14 22:34
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    None of those things are of any value. People will argue about irrelevancies until the cows come home. What is of value is if we follow His commandments. Nothing else matters.
    What are his commandments?
    (Quick list)
  14. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    25 Mar '14 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What are his commandments?
    (Quick list)
    Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    (Matthew 22:36-40 KJV)


    The long version is Matthew Chapters 5, 6 and 7 - The Beatitudes. Its all about love, charity and good works
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    25 Mar '14 23:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    [i]Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    (Matthew ...[text shortened]... sion is Matthew Chapters 5, 6 and 7 - The Beatitudes. Its all about love, charity and good works
    Thanks.
Back to Top