1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 21:051 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]Why should we be vessels? What is it that makes us want to be that?

You should ask yourself that question the next time you feel "empty".

"Why is this not enough to FILL me ? Why am I still feeling empty as if there must be something MORE to life?"[/b]
    My religious days were the empty ones. For me, this life has all the meaning I need.

I asked the question because I wanted to know what it is about Jesus that made Pudgenik want to 'fill' himself with him. Which goes back to my original point about the real reason people follow Jesus.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 21:07
    Ok I am going to cut to the chase Jaywill, what is it you want?

To play a game of chess !!

Everything else we have already been through over the last few years.
    I no longer expect you to listen to me on the matter of Jesus.
    I listen to you jaywill, I simply have my own beliefs. You can talk about Jesus all you like, there is so much good things to discuss about the Christ, his example, his teaching, his life etc but to frame it within the context of the trinity is hard for me to take, so by all means talk about the Christ, I welcome it but you know by sensibilities with regard to a doctrine I feel is extra Biblical. If you want to play chess just challenge me it will be a pleasure I am sure and you can talk to me about Jesus all you like, I wont mind.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 21:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I listen to you jaywill, I simply have my own beliefs. You can talk about Jesus all you like, there is so much good things to discuss about the Christ, his example, his teaching, his life etc but to frame it within the context of the trinity is hard for me to take, so by all means talk about the Christ, I welcome it but you know by sensibilities wit ...[text shortened]... me it will be a pleasure I am sure and you can talk to me about Jesus all you like, I wont mind.
    Okay. In addition to a chess game, in which you will probably win, I will see if the Lord does have anything else within me that I can tell you about Jesus.

But I think you should just cave in and shout "I LOVE YOU LORD JESUS !!"
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 21:144 edits
    Okay. In addition to a chess game, in which you will probably win, I will see if the Lord does have anything else within me that I can tell you about [b]Jesus.

But I think you should just cave in and shout "I LOVE YOU LORD JESUS !!"[/b]
    I do love Jesus but its not a purely emotional thing with me, its quite cerebral in fact, some critics would almost say legalistic.

The biggest event in our calendar approaches, the memorial of Christs death held on the exact same day at the same hour (just after sundown) as the Christ held the last supper all those years ago, its enough to make the hairs stand on the back of ones neck when I think about it, full moon will be present as the date is calculated just as they did in Israel according to a lunar calendar.

I dont care about winning or losing it matters little what happens.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 21:201 edit
    I do love Jesus but its not a purely emotional thing with me, its quite cerebral in fact, some critics would almost say legalistic. I dont care about winning or losing it matters little what happens.
    I do love Jesus but its not a purely emotional thing with me, its quite cerebral in fact, some critics would almost say legalistic.

WHY .... don't .... you .... tell ..... Him ?

If you love the Lord Jesus Christ, why do you not tell Him that you love Him?

If you feel you love Christ, what is keeping you from telling Him that you love Him?

What? You never read ?

"Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in incorruptibility." (Ephesians 6:24)
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 21:321 edit

WHY .... don't .... you .... tell ..... Him ?

If you love the Lord Jesus Christ, why do you not tell Him that you love Him?

If you feel you love Christ, what is keeping you from telling Him that ...[text shortened]... ace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in incorruptibility." (Ephesians 6:24)
    [/b]
    my prayers are a private affair between me and the father and the happy clappy tambourine thing is not my scene to be honest, its not that i dont like celebrating, but each to their own.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 21:48
    my prayers are a private affair between me and the father and the happy clappy tambourine thing is not my scene to be honest, its not that i dont like celebrating, but each to their own.
    That was - "Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in incorruptibility. " (Ephesians 6:24)

Love without corruption.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:12
    That was - "Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ [b] in incorruptibility. " (Ephesians 6:24)

Love without corruption.[/b]
    grace always appears to me to be a rather ambiguous term, the NWT translates the verse as,

(Ephesians 6:24) May the undeserved kindness be with all those loving our Lord Jesus Christ in incorruptness.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:161 edit
    Wow still unable to tell us why the text translated as 'the word was God' is not actually what the underling Greek text upon which it is based states, yup that sums it up alright, Christian religious bias imposing itself onto scripture. I doubt Jesus would approve.
    R.C. even if John 1:1 was or could be translated a different way if we look at the whole of scripture including the new testament we can ascertain things about Jesus (of course that's for us who take the authority of scripture at face value) that prove certain things. We know that He became flesh and that He was handled and touched by man. We know this because of the stories in the Gospels. Jesus wept and hungered and thirsted these are qualities of a biological being or more so a human being. We also know from the scriptures that Jesus was preexisted His own words bare this out. We know that He could read the thoughts of people and knew the people He came into contact with intimately. We know that He physically died on a Roman torture device (I said that for your benefit as JW's don't think it was a Cross but more like a T ) and that was foretold in the Old testament. (I also said physically died but that does not mean death completely) Jesus did things and said things through out the Gospels that are prerogatives of God and God alone and I can prove this too you. I understand that Jesus took a subservient roll to the Father and that was by design. Lastly I will look at John 1:1 in the Greek. I believe for some they just can't accept that Jesus could be God and also the son of God at the same time.

Manny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:22
    grace always appears to me to be a rather ambiguous term, the NWT translates the verse as,

(Ephesians 6:24) May the undeserved kindness be with all those loving our Lord Jesus Christ in incorruptness.
    Undeserved kindness that is indeed grace spot on the money !! 🙂

Manny
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:22
    Originally posted by menace71
    ..they just can't accept that Jesus could be God and also the son of God at the same time.

Manny
    Is there some part of the Bible that says that a Christian must accept that Jesus could be God and the Son of God at the same time?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:29
    Originally posted by menace71
    Undeserved kindness that is indeed grace spot on the money !! 🙂

Manny
    there is as far as I am aware about 14 different interpretations of the meaning of the term 'grace' 😲
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:481 edit

Grace is the enjoyment of God Himself to be all that we need.

Grace is more than "unmerited favor" it is God Himself living in the Christian supplying him with an enabling power of divine life.

Compare the two passages.

Galatians 2:2:20 and First Corinthians 15:10 should be compared:

" I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me ..." (Gal. 2:20a)

"But by the grace of God I am what I am; and His grace unto me did not turn out to be in vain, but on the contrary, I labored more abundantly than all of them, yet not I but the grace of God that was with me." (1 Cor. 15:10)

One passage says - "not I but Christ".
    The other passage says - "not I but the grace of God".

Christ living in Paul was also the grace of God that was working in Paul.
    By the indwelling Christ Paul learned to labor more abundantly than all the other apostles. He only taped into the indwelling grace of God that was with him.

Grace was his enjoyment of Jesus Christ living in him.

Once again we see Paul saying that the Lord Jesus Christ is with the believer's innermost spirit on one hand. And on the other hand it is the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ that is with the innermost spirit of the believer.

Compare:

"The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (Second Timothy 4:22)

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)

The Lord is with the spirit of the Christian.
    The grace of the Lord is with the spirit of the Christian.

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ we with your spirit, brothers, Amen." (Galatians 6:18)

God has a way to make Jesus Christ available to man, to compound with man, to mingle with man, to be imparted into man's innermost spiritual being. This is Christ living in man. And this is the enjoyment of Christ living in man to supply man with all that he needs. And this is the grace of God IN man also.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:581 edit
    Grace is the enjoyment of God Himself to be all that we need.

Grace is more than "unmerited favor" it is God Himself living in the Christian supplying him with an enabling power of divine life.

Compare the two passages.

[b] Galatians 2:2:20
    and First Corinthians 15:10 should be compared:

" I am crucified with Christ; and ...[text shortened]... ng in man to supply man with all that he needs. And this is the [b]grace of God IN man also.[/b]
    who was living in Jesus when this was penned

John 1:14

New International Version (NIV)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 23:102 edits
    who was living in Jesus when this was penned

John 1:14

New International Version (NIV)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
    God the Father.

And He said as He lived by the Father he who "eats" Him will also live because of Him.

"As the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)

So He is not only our Lord and Savior. He is our Pioneer leading the way for man to live in and by God.

The following is a Hymn by a very experienced Christian on the meaning of the word Grace. Read it slowly and prayerfully.

Grace in its highest definition is
    God in the Son to be enjoyed by us;
    It is not only something done or giv'n.
    But God Himself, our portion glorious.

God is incarnate in the flesh that we
    Him may receive, experience ourself;
    This is the grace which we receive of God,
    Which comes thru Christ and which is Christ Himself.

Paul the Apostle counted all as dung,
    'Twas only God in Christ he counted grace;
    'Tis by this grace - the Lord experienced -
    That he surpassed the others in the race.

It is this grace - Christ as our inward strength -
    Which with His all-sufficiency doth fill;
    It it this grace which in our spirit is,
    There energizing, working out God's will.

This grace, which is the living Christ Himself,
    Is what we need and must experience;
    Lord, may we know this grace and by it live,
    Thyself increasingly as grace to sense.

(Hymn # 497, LSM Hymns, Witness Lee, Living Stream Ministry)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree