1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 00:081 edit
    I know there is another thread about angels. I have not kept up with it. Have there been any comments on (Revelation 7:1) After this I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding tight the four winds of the earth, so that no wind could blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree.
    In particular when does this occur and what will result when they let the four winds blow?
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 01:38
    Originally posted by roigam
    In particular when does this occur and what will result when they let the four winds blow?
    In particular where does this occur?
    Where are the corners?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 03:12
    It's interesting to note that there are no female angels. All angels in the bible are refered to as "he".
  4. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 09:57
    Originally posted by vivify
    It's interesting to note that there are no female angels. All angels in the bible are refered to as "he".
    Angels are androgynous. I can't answer for the Bible, but there are no he or she angels.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 13:07
    Roigam is a Jehovah's Witness so he will be able to tell you that there is indeed at least one "male" angel - Jesus Christ, who the JW's claim is also the Archangel Michael.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 13:08
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Angels are androgynous. I can't answer for the Bible, but there are no he or she angels.
    Please see my post above re JW view on this point.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 13:48
    Who or what are these?

Zechariah 5:9 New International Version (NIV)

9 Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 15:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Who or what are these?

Zechariah 5:9 New International Version (NIV)

9 Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.
    Just metaphoric visions. Earlier in that same chapter, an angel asked "what do you see", and the response was "a flying scroll". The angel said that this represented a curse. In that same conversation with the angel, there was also a basket that represented "iniquity". So in answer to your question, the "women" are metaphors.

I love schooling Christians on their own book.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 19:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Roigam is a Jehovah's Witness so he will be able to tell you that there is indeed at least one "male" angel - Jesus Christ, who the JW's claim is also the Archangel Michael.
    As an angel Jesus has no gender. He was a male on earth in order to be the last Adam. He was a perfect male to balance perfectly the perfect male Adam to buy back what Adam lost.
    btw Is there some reason you are fixated on JW s?
    Did a JW step on your corn?
    I would venture to say many others have stepped on your corn in your lifetime. Why focus on JW s?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 20:30
    Just metaphoric visions. Earlier in that same chapter, an angel asked "what do you see", and the response was "a flying scroll". The angel said that this represented a curse. In that same conversation with the angel, there was also a basket that represented "iniquity". So in answer to your question, the "women" are metaphors.

I love schooling Christians on their own book.
    How do you know that is true?
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 21:02
    How do you know that is true?
    I looked up the chapter you posted and read it.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 02:241 edit
    So I guess no one has any thoughts on Re 7:1. o.k. thanx anyways.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 02:44
    Originally posted by roigam
    Did a JW step on your corn? I would venture to say many others have stepped on your corn in your lifetime. Why focus on JW s?
    Which forum should JW theology be discussed on in your view?

Do you believe that Archangel Michael and Jesus are one in the same?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 04:07
    I looked up the chapter you posted and read it.
    Just by looking you know? You and the Pope I guess are the two that
    all the world should go to for what scripture means?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 04:221 edit
    Just by looking you know? You and the Pope I guess are the two that
    all the world should go to for what scripture means?
    Ever heard of context? See, what you did was post a verse out of context in order to try to prove me wrong. However, the surrounding context makes that verse clear. That's all it takes to interpret any text: context.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree