angels

angels

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
17 Jan 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
Gotcha kind of vibe?
I entered the conversation not sure what you mean by gotcha vibe.
You know what, maybe I was wrong about you. Other Christians here like RJ Hinds and Robbie C are very contentious and ill-mannered. So it's very possible that I misjudged your intent. If so, I apologize, and hope we can start over.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Jan 15

Originally posted by vivify
You know what, maybe I was wrong about you. Other Christians here like RJ Hinds and Robbie C are very contentious and ill-mannered. So it's very possible that I misjudged your intent. If so, I apologize, and hope we can start over.
Works for me, water under the bridge. If that is the worse that happens
between us we are in good shape.

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Have got any Biblical scripture at all that supports this claim?
Polite bump for roigam.

F

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
Works for me, water under the bridge. If that is the worse that happens
between us we are in good shape.
Does "water under the bridge" apply to us all? πŸ˜‰

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jan 15
4 edits

Originally posted by roigam
I know there is another thread about angels. I have not kept up with it. Have there been any comments on (Revelation 7:1) After this I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding tight the four winds of the earth, so that no wind could blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree.
In particular when does this occur and what will result when they let the four winds blow?
These are referring to the directions that the winds blow, like the directions on a compass.

The four winds are said to blow mainly from the north, south, east, and west directions and the four corners are the North-East corner, North-West corner, South-East corner, and the South-West corner.

I almost forgot to answer your second question as to what happens when the angels stop holding back the winds. Just like strong winds bring on storms on the earth, the release of these winds from every direction signal the beginning of the Great Tribulation and the wrath of Satan to begin.

This occurs when the man of sin is revealed and before the return of Christ.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by vivify
RJHinds very contentious and ill-mannered? God forbid. 😏

r

Moves
19 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
These are referring to the directions that the winds blow, like the directions on a compass.

The four winds are said to blow mainly from the north, south, east, and west directions and the four corners are the North-East corner, North-West corner, South-East corner, and the South-West corner.

I almost forgot to answer your second question as to what ha ...[text shortened]... Satan to begin.

This occurs when the man of sin is revealed and before the return of Christ.
Thank you for your response. I agree the four corners are representative of the whole earth. I think you are right too in the effect we will see when those winds of destruction are loosed. (Revelation 7:1, 2) After this I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding tight the four winds of the earth, so that no wind could blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree. 2β€―And I saw another angel ascending from the sunrise, having a seal of the living God; and he called with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, (Revelation 7:3) saying: “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.”

I think there is a correlation with Jesus' words at
(Matthew 24:21, 22) for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22β€―In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.
It seems the time that this will occur is after the the "slaves" are sealed.

F

Moves
19 Jan 15

RJHinds very contentious and ill-mannered? God forbid. 😏
You once explained that you are deliberately trying to make people hate you in order to draw the hatred away from Jesus, as I recall. It would be interesting to know if you have ever (or if you are even able to) draw anyone "to" Jesus.

r

Moves
19 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Polite bump for roigam.
Thank you for the bump.
I'm not sure of the particular post I missed.
I think you want Scriptures to show that Jesus is Michael.
If so, please consider (1 Thessalonians 4:16) because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.
Who made the "commanding call"? and
Who's voice was it?

Moves
19 Jan 15
2 edits

Thank you for the bump.
If so, please consider (1 Thessalonians 4:16) because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.
Who's voice was it?
Three points for you to consider and respond to please:

Michael the archangel is only mentioned specifically by name 5 times in the Bible and never in association with being Jesus Christ.

1 Thes 4:16 also says that the LORD will return with the "trump of God". If you accept that the piece "with the the voice of the/an archangel" denotes that Jesus is the archangel Michael, will you also apply the same thinking and conclude that "the trump of God" denotes that Jesus is God? You will not of course, but I challenge you to consider this parallel and the veracity of the position you have been taught.

Also in Hebrews 1:5-13, look at this...

For to which of the angels did He ever say: “You are My Son, today I have begotten You”? And again: “I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son”? But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.” And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire.” But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.” And: “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain; and they will all grow old like a garment; like a cloak You will fold them up, and they will be changed. But You are the same, and Your years will not fail.” But to which of the angels has He ever said: “Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool”?

Paul is clearly calling out the challenge that God has never said these things to any angel.

What do you think of my three points?

F

Moves
19 Jan 15

On the contrary, the text you happened to quote seems to make it pretty clear that the "archangel" and Christ are different people; why did you quote it?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jan 15

Thank you for your response. I agree the four corners are representative of the whole earth. I think you are right too in the effect we will see when those winds of destruction are loosed. (Revelation 7:1, 2) After this I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding tight the four winds of the earth, so that no wind could blow on the ea ...[text shortened]... will be cut short.
It seems the time that this will occur is after the the "slaves" are sealed.
Yes, after the bond servants of the Lord are sealed and then the man of sin will be revealed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
You once explained that you are deliberately trying to make people hate you in order to draw the hatred away from Jesus, as I recall. It would be interesting to know if you have ever (or if you are even able to) draw anyone "to" Jesus.
Yes I agree that would be interesting to know. Has my being obnoxious helped you any? 😏

F

Moves
19 Jan 15

Yes I agree that would be interesting to know. Has my being obnoxious helped you any? 😏
I think you sell both yourself and your faith short.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jan 15

Thank you for the bump.
Who's voice was it?
I can see where you can get confused here. I believe the original shout must come from King Jesus Christ the Lord. Then the voice of the Archangel Michael as he commands the heavenly army to follow. Finally the last trumpet is sounded by the seventh angel mentioned also in Revelation 11.