1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:371 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You have made him an idol Jaywill, the fault is your own, not mine!
    And to you the blasphemer I say, not I but the word of God -

"If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be accursed! The Lord comes." (1 Cor. 16:22)

Your blood be on your own head.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:37
    You have proof of course that we translate it exclusively as obeisance with reference to Jesus and worship every where else? No then what are you talking about?
    The lack of proof never stops you from rattling on.

As an aside, is Jesus actually the Archangel Micheal and is that biblically supported? - 'No then what are you talking about?'
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:38
    Yes I shall be quite clear, Sonship in his idolatry believes that Jesus Christ is God Almighty, I profess that he is a created entity, the son of God.

the crux of the matter is not only this, it is the use of corrupt and inaccurate translation (continually used by sonship in full knowledge of the fact) that often leads to confusion. Many times ...[text shortened]... nd the term suddenly becomes an act of worship, so far we have no evidence just some trash talk.
    Well, it has been my stance from my first posts, that the Jesus/God issue causes me a lot of confusion. I am still confused, but still drawn to these discussions. The Trinity is not a 'cut and dry' SOLVED issue to me. Sonship pointed out in a previous thread himself that 1+1+1=1 is an extremely difficult proposition for a human to accept. And, in case anyone cares to know......I grew up believing in God....and Jesus as His son....but, growing up I did not equate them both as God. I do not label myself as anything at the moment.....I am still gathering information.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:40
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Well, it has been my stance from my first posts, that the Jesus/God issue causes me a lot of confusion. I am still confused, but still drawn to these discussions. The Trinity is not a 'cut and dry' SOLVED issue to me. Sonship pointed out in a previous thread himself that 1+1+1=1 is an extremely difficult proposition for a human to accept. And, in case an ...[text shortened]... h as God. I do not label myself as anything at the moment.....I am still gathering information.
    Have you considered atheism?

We do a very good buffet.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:421 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The lack of proof never stops you from rattling on.

As an aside, is Jesus actually the Archangel Micheal and is that biblically supported? - 'No then what are you talking about?'
    So you have NO PROOF and you were caught making claims that you cannot substantiate. How embarrassing for you, but I dislike seeing a man with his back against the wall, simply let it serve as a lesson to you my Ghostly fellow . . . . . . .whispers (make sure you have proof for your assertions)

As for the case of Christ and the evidence for his being the Archangel Michael its for another thread, we still have fish to fry here.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:43
    Have you considered atheism?

We do a very good buffet.
    That was actually very funny. 🙂 Despite my confusion about all of this, my sense of humor seems to be intact.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:453 edits
    Well, it has been my stance from my first posts, that the Jesus/God issue causes me a lot of confusion. I am still confused, but still drawn to these discussions. The Trinity is not a 'cut and dry' SOLVED issue to me. Sonship pointed out in a previous thread himself that 1+1+1=1 is an extremely difficult proposition for a human to accept. And, in case an ...[text shortened]... h as God. I do not label myself as anything at the moment.....I am still gathering information.
    trinitarian and non-trinitarian Christians both believe that Jesus is god. the trinity is not your issue here.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:472 edits
    The trinity relies for its efficacy on the interpretation of certain texts and the negating or ignoring of certain others. Its quite honestly an extra Biblical and pagan doctrine that was formed from about the forth century to the eighth under the influence of the Greeks. Paul never mentions it and neither does Christ or any of the apostles.

Your approach is wise, to stay objective at all times and to put to the test all kinds of beliefs to see whether they can be substantiated by scripture, if not reject them. I truly wish you well.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    trinitarian and non-trinitarian Christians both believe that Jesus is god. the trinity is not your issue here.
    Whether you want to call it Trinity or Godhead doesn't matter. I fully understand the issue here.......some believe Jesus to be God Himself......and some do NOT. How one makes this decision will entirely influence how he interprets Biblical scripture. Sonship and Robbie both believe in God......but, each has a different interpretation about scripture when it involves Jesus Christ.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:522 edits
    Chaney3, when it comes to the experience of God you must subjectively enter into that and subjectively receive and love Him.

Don't trust anyone purporting to teach you about God advising you to remain objective.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good." (Psalm 34:8)
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:54
    ...Its quite honestly an extra Biblical and pagan doctrine...
    I thought talk of Jesus being the Archangel Michael was on hold for another thread?...Oh, you weren't talking about that.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:571 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Chaney3, when it comes to the experience of God you must subjectively enter into that and subjectively receive and love Him.

Don't trust anyone purporting to teach you about God advising you to remain objective.

[b]"Taste and see that the Lord is good." (Psalm 34:8)
    [/b]
    wow you really are a wicked person, you're asking him to dispense with his intellect and powers of discernment and to throw his tambourine in time with you are your shamanistic ways! what will you have him do roll around on the church floor. I have confidence that he will see through your emotionalism and remain logical, rational and objective. He seems wise enough to gain information, information that you would have him dispense with by your weirdoism.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 19:58
    I thought talk of Jesus being the Archangel Michael was on hold for another thread?...Oh, you weren't talking about that.
    I was talking about the trinity doctrine and you knew it.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:00
    That was actually very funny. 🙂 Despite my confusion about all of this, my sense of humor seems to be intact.
    Humour is the atheists greatest weapon. A chuckle can quickly lead to moral abandonment.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:03
    I was talking about the trinity doctrine and you knew it.
    Who knows what you are talking about.

Fish, wasn't it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree