1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:03
    Originally posted by sonship
    Chaney3, when it comes to the experience of God you must subjectively enter into that and subjectively receive and love Him.

Don't trust anyone purporting to teach you about God advising you to remain objective.

[b]"Taste and see that the Lord is good." (Psalm 34:8)
    [/b]
    This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. - John 17:3
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:04
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Who knows what you are talking about.

Fish, wasn't it?
    now you are simply slobbering, give it up.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:042 edits
    The blasphemer says

Your approach is wise, to stay objective at all times and to put to the test all kinds of beliefs to see whether they can be substantiated by scripture, if not reject them. I truly wish you well.

You do substantiate all with Scripture but you have to enter into the subjective enjoyment of God. You have to taste God for your self inwardly in your innermost subjective spiritual being.

Robbie is totally in the mind of knowledge and doctrine.
    Hence we have never been able to get him to talk about his subjective experience of Jehovah.

I am convinced that he has none. He has only doctrinal knowledge.

"You search the Scripture, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is these that testify concerning Me.

Yet you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life." (John 5:39,40)

Having divine life in Jesus Christ is a subjective matter. It is TRUTH which is ascertained SUBJECTIVELY.

The conclusion of John's Gospel -

"But these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and believing you may have life in His name." (John 20:31)

Receiving life of God in Christ is not done by remaining objective as Robbie advised. You have to open up your whole being and subjectively receive that One who said He is the way, the truth and the divine life.

TASTE and verify.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:064 edits
    The blasphemer says

Your approach is wise, to stay objective at all times and to put to the test all kinds of beliefs to see whether they can be substantiated by scripture, if not reject them. I truly wish you well.

You do substantiate all with Scripture but you have to enter into the subjective enjoyment of God. You have to taste G ...[text shortened]... receive that One who said He is the way, the truth and the divine life.

TASTE and verify.
    This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. - John 17:3

Ouch thats gotta hurt!

Now we could gather information so as to make a rational informed decision about our spirituality as many people do, not only Christians or we could take too many drugs and have a religious experience like you, which is it to be?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    This means everlasting life, [b]their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. - John 17:3

Ouch thats gotta hurt!

Now we could gather information so as to make a rational informed decision or we could take too many drugs and have a religious experience like you, which is it to be?[/b]
    " And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, This is the true God and eternal life." ( 1John 5:17)

Thank the Lord for brother John for the revelation and the truth.

In case anyone is uncertain the Apostle John knew more about the experience of God then Robbie the blasphemer and Jehovah's Witness.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:162 edits
    [b]" And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, This is the true God and eternal life." ( 1John 5:17)

Thank the Lord for brother John for the revelation and the truth.

In case anyone is uncertain the Apostle John knew more about the experience of God then Robbie the blasphemer and Jehovah's Witness.[/b]
    From the man who claimed that when Jehovahs Witnesses called he asked them to get down on their knees on his doorstep and to pray with him and wondered why they never came back -I think we can take this latest text as more weirdness. You stick to your mysticism, ill stick to rationality, logic and reason.

“How long will you inexperienced ones keep loving inexperience, and [how long] must you ridiculers desire for yourselves outright ridicule, and [how long] will you stupid ones keep hating knowledge? - Proverbs 1:22
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:21
    ... You stick to your mysticism, ill stick to rationality, logic and reason.
    You're turning to Atheism?!?

There is always room for you at the buffet sir. (*Please eat responsibly).
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:252 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You're turning to Atheism?!?

There is always room for you at the buffet sir. (*Please eat responsibly).
    Im a Vegan my friend, only vegetables and pulses, fruit etc and beer 😀 I could never be an atheist, I have always believed in God since I was a little kid.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:291 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Whether you want to call it Trinity or Godhead doesn't matter. I fully understand the issue here.......some believe Jesus to be God Himself......and some do NOT. How one makes this decision will entirely influence how he interprets Biblical scripture. Sonship and Robbie both believe in God......but, each has a different interpretation about scripture when it involves Jesus Christ.
    Whether you want to call it Trinity or Godhead doesn't matter.
    It does matter though. The trinity is one method of explaining the godhead. The godhead can be described as singular or plural, with Jesus or without Jesus. The issue in play is the deity of Christ not the veracity of the trinity, because even if robbie proves that sonship is wrong about there being a "triune god", he will still have to prove me wrong in my claims that Jesus is the visible face of a unified godhead.

I fully understand the issue here.......some believe Jesus to be God Himself......and some do NOT...
    Indeed but the subject of the trinity is only a subtext of that issue.

Sonship and Robbie both believe in God......but, each has a different interpretation about scripture when it involves Jesus Christ...
    The theological, doctrinal and spiritual differences between robbie and sonship go much deeper than just the trinity or the godhead.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:31
    Im a Vegan my friend, only vegetables and pulses, fruit etc and beer 😀 I could never be an atheist, I have always believed in God since I was a little kid.
    How did you ever get to be portly just eating that?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:41
    I opted out of religion when i was a kid. There was no God in my family home, or any angels.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How did you ever get to be portly just eating that?
    I believe he classes hotdogs as a fruit.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]Whether you want to call it Trinity or Godhead doesn't matter.
    It does matter though. The trinity is one method of explaining the godhead. The godhead can be described as singular or plural, with Jesus or without Jesus. The issue in play is the deity of Christ not the veracity of the trinity, because even if robbie proves that sonship is wrong ab ...[text shortened]... tual differences between robbie and sonship go much deeper than just the trinity or the godhead.[/b]
    I am still not sure why there is a difference between the Trinity and Godhead. Either someone believes that Jesus IS God, or they don't. Either you believe that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are ONE entity, or 3 separate entities. If the wording matters, then please explain why. Note: If you have already tried to explain, obviously it didn't help, or I wouldn't ask again. 🙂
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 21:024 edits
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I am still not sure why there is a difference between the Trinity and Godhead. Either someone believes that Jesus IS God, or they don't. Either you believe that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are ONE entity, or 3 separate entities. If the wording matters, then please explain why. Note: If you have already tried to explain, obviously it didn't help, or I wouldn't ask again. 🙂
    No probs.

The general Christian view is that Jesus is (part of) the godhead. Either explained as him being one of the three - father, the son and the holy ghost. Or as i believe the ONE God who has revealed himself as a man, extending himself from eternity into temporal human flesh; rolling back the (metaphorical) sleeve to reveal his right arm, the right arm being recognised as authority in antiquity. But the same single one entity, person.

Robbie rejects both of those options because to him Jesus is not part of god (Jehovah) in any way. He believes Jesus is not part of the godhead singular nor plural (3 in 1). robbie thinks Jesus is an Archangel, a created being; not just the flesh but his spirit too, his actual being, his personage is NOT god at all. (although he admits he is his saviour and a sort of god - but don't go there!)

Now, Christians believe that this "Revelation of (who) Jesus Christ (is), it is the crux of a Christian's faith, whether part of a trinity or a singularity. Robbie doesn't believe this; so you see we therefore worship different Gods.

It is absolutely fundamental.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 22:32
    because you provided the definition of the term, duh?
    What happened to our discussion robbie?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree