Any LDS people around? I am.

Any LDS people around? I am.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
26 Jul 09

I would say that there are no ruins/archeology to support the book of Mormon. Where are these cities that they(Laminites & Nephites) built here in North America? I don't think the native American's here in North America built great cities. The LDS idea is that Jesus came to the America's right? So why didn't the natives already know about Jesus when the Europeans started coming to the Americas? Nothing to support this at all. Also wouldn't they have documented this event is some great fashion? LDSer's are whackyer than J-Dubs

Manny

Manny

g

Pepperland

Moves
26 Jul 09

Originally posted by whiteknight26
Well –big surprise here – I have a confession to make. I am LDS. I guess you didn’t see that one coming. 😛

I don’t believe everything because it might be true. I’ll give a straight yes or no answer here to play upon the hypothetical aspect.
My answer would be ‘no’. I wouldn’t believe you.
😛
I don’t believe everything because it might be true. I’ll give a straight yes or no answer here to play upon the hypothetical aspect.
😛

if your answer is no, then why do you believe j.smith?

I mean, I can create my own religion based on lies, just like he did, and you'd have to believe it because after all, it "could be true".

g

Pepperland

Moves
26 Jul 09

Originally posted by menace71
I would say that there are no ruins/archeology to support the book of Mormon. Where are these cities that they(Laminites & Nephites) built here in North America? I don't think the native American's here in North America built great cities. The LDS idea is that Jesus came to the America's right? So why didn't the natives already know about Jesus when the Eu ...[text shortened]... is event is some great fashion? LDSer's are whackyer than J-Dubs

Manny

Manny
most important of all, where are the golden plates? why was smith the only one to see them? how do you know for sure if he was telling the truth?

w

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
[b]I don’t believe everything because it might be true. I’ll give a straight yes or no answer here to play upon the hypothetical aspect.
😛

if your answer is no, then why do you believe j.smith?

I mean, I can create my own religion based on lies, just like he did, and you'd have to believe it because after all, it "could be true".[/b]
You're too funny generalissimo. Why do I "have" to believe you?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09

Sorry forgot about the golden plates. See things that happened in history usually have some sort of evidence. Archeology or something. We know of the civilizations that existed in the past because we can find the ruins. The Romans the Egyptians the Sumerians.

Manny

w

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by menace71
Sorry forgot about the golden plates. See things that happened in history usually have some sort of evidence. Archeology or something. We know of the civilizations that existed in the past because we can find the ruins. The Romans the Egyptians the Sumerians.

Manny
Where's the evidence that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09

Good question.

Manny

rc

Moves
27 Jul 09
1 edit

hes referring to the civilisations that were supposed to exist prior to the European settlements

Helaman 3:8 reads: “And it came to pass that they did multiply and spread . . . to cover the face of the whole earth.”

According to Mormon 1:7, the land “had become covered with buildings.”

surely we are to wonder where the remains of these sprawling civilizations are. Where are the Nephite artefacts, such as gold coins, swords, shields, or breastplates? Alma 11:4; 43:18-20.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09

This is all I have. http://www.leaderu.com/everystudent/easter/articles/josh2.html Just type it in & this was the first thing that came up.

Once again historical evidence.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
hes referring to the civilisations that were supposed to exist prior to the European settlements

Helaman 3:8 reads: “And it came to pass that they did multiply and spread . . . to cover the face of the whole earth.”

According to Mormon 1:7, the land “had become covered with buildings.”

surely we are to wonder where the remains of these spr ...[text shortened]... he Nephite artefacts, such as gold coins, swords, shields, or breastplates? Alma 11:4; 43:18-20.
Yes agreed. I once read the book of Mormon years ago. These are very valid questions for any Mormon to answer.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09

Basically The jewish people left Israel and arrived in the new world. Do any of the the Native American languages remotely resemble or sound like any Semitic languages ? I'm no expert but I hardly think so. There would have to be a connection somehow between the Israelites and the Native Americans. So How would the LDS answer this also?

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09
2 edits

21 And it came to pass that the people of Nephi did till the land, and araise all manner of grain, and of fruit, and bflocks of herds, and flocks of all manner of cattle of every kind, and goats, and wild goats, and also many horses. From the book of Mormon.

Interesting Horses did not arrive in the new world until The Europeans came right? Yeah When the Aztecs saw Cortez & his horses they were afraid of the horses. So the Book of Mormon claims horses were in the new world before the Europeans came.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09

From what I can gather the first Horses came with Columbus and were in Jamaica first. British settlers brought them also later like 1600's. Totally destroys the Book of Mormon.

Manny

g

Pepperland

Moves
27 Jul 09

eyewitnesses.

nobody ever saw those golden plates though.

w

Moves
28 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by generalissimo
eyewitnesses.

nobody ever saw those golden plates though.
eyewitnesses have seen the plates and we have their testimonies as well.

Before I leave - I will give the title of an excellent book. This book was written by someone who is not LDS, yet what he wrote actually validates the Book of Mormon.

"1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus"

If anyone wishes to discuss this further, please challenge me to a game. We can discuss this further.