Any LDS people around? I am.

Any LDS people around? I am.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Jul 09

Originally posted by daniel58
So you are an atheist? Yeah but the offense against God is infinite therefore the punishment must be too.
Yes, I am an atheist.

I don't see how man's offense can be infinite when man only gets a finite lifespan.

Furthermore, you believe the blood of Christ can mitigate the offensiveness. Why should that stop working just because someone's been in hell for awhile?

d

Moves
19 Jul 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Yes, I am an atheist.

I don't see how man's offense can be infinite when man only gets a finite lifespan.

Furthermore, you believe the blood of Christ can mitigate the offensiveness. Why should that stop working just because someone's been in hell for awhile?
They are infinite because it's against God's nature which is infinite.

It doesn't "stop working" when you reject it during your lifetime it's to late too turn back God already gave you your last chance then.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Jul 09

They are infinite because it's against God's nature which is infinite.

It doesn't "stop working" when you reject it during your lifetime it's to late too turn back God already gave you your last chance then.
At this point you're just throwing out the word 'infinite' without even caring if it makes any sense.

Why should it ever be 'too late' to be saved? Again, what happened to God's mercy?

d

Moves
19 Jul 09

At this point you're just throwing out the word 'infinite' without even caring if it makes any sense.

Why should it [b]ever
be 'too late' to be saved? Again, what happened to God's mercy?[/b]
INFINITE, GOD'S NATURE IS INFINITE!

God's mercy was rejected on Earth, after after you die it's too late, you can't change it, that is your last chance, you don't like it too bad, it's true.

Moves
20 Jul 09

Originally posted by caissad4
One thing that both the Book of Mormon and the New and Old Testament prove conclusively is that people in the Middle East talked like Shakespeare for the past 4000 years.
Almost. Whereas the King James Bible is entirely an Anglo-Saxon piece of literature, the Book of Mormon is faux Anglo-Saxon. You'll find words in the Book of Mormon that are not Anglo-Saxon.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Jul 09

INFINITE, GOD'S NATURE IS INFINITE!

God's mercy was rejected on Earth, after after you die it's too late, you can't change it, that is your last chance, you don't like it too bad, it's true.
So much for your God being loving or compassionate. Even on the small chance that he does actually exist, he's a heartless thug who is content to create billions of people and then let most of them end up rotting in hell for all time, on the flimsy excuse that they made a 'free choice', even though none of us can really choose what we believe.

You follow a bankrupt philosophy.

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

So much for your God being loving or compassionate. Even on the small chance that he does actually exist, he's a heartless thug who is content to create billions of people and then let most of them end up rotting in hell for all time, on the flimsy excuse that they made a 'free choice', even though none of us can really choose what we believe.

You follow a bankrupt philosophy.
What do you mean we can't choose what we believe? I do every day, if I hear on the news that Michael Jackson died, I can choose to believe it, or not.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Jul 09

What do you mean we can't choose what we believe? I do every day, if I hear on the news that Michael Jackson died, I can choose to believe it, or not.
OK, so choose to believe that the moon is made of green cheese.

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

OK, so choose to believe that the moon is made of green cheese.
I don't HAVE to, if it sounds reasonable then I probably will believe it. But that's just dumb.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Jul 09

I don't HAVE to, if it sounds reasonable then I probably will believe it. But that's just dumb.
And usually, things 'sound reasonable' because the evidence is favor of it. If the evidence [as you evaluate it] is clearly against something being true, then you can't make yourself believe otherwise, no matter how badly you might want to do it.

It's like finding your son's fingerprints on a murder weapon. You may tell everyone he's innocent. You may try to convince yourself that he's innocent, somehow. But in your heart you know he did it.

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

And usually, things 'sound reasonable' because the evidence is favor of it. If the evidence [as you evaluate it] is clearly against something being true, then you can't make yourself believe otherwise, no matter how badly you might want to do it.

It's like finding your son's fingerprints on a murder weapon. You may tell everyone he's innocent. You may ...[text shortened]... y to convince yourself that he's innocent, somehow. But in your heart you know he did it.
Many things don't "sound reasonable" but you have to have Faith.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Jul 09

Many things don't "sound reasonable" but you have to have Faith.
Why?

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

Why?
Do you Believe in hell?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Jul 09

Do you Believe in hell?
No. [I already said that before in this thread.]

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

No. [I already said that before in this thread.]
Sorry, So if you don't believe in hell why do you care?