Any LDS people around? I am.

Any LDS people around? I am.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Corner Brook NFLD CA

Moves
04 Aug 09
3 edits

Originally posted by generalissimo
you can't compare christ to j.smith.
Why not? Christ took breath, I took breath. There see? I just compared myself to Christ. That's not sacreligious to compare Christ's life situation's with someone else's. If it's a good analogy, why not use it? Christ used parables all the time to simple down things, using things his people knew in order to explain God's plan. Aren't we supposed to be Christ-like in our actions? Doesn't this mean we are allowed to speak in parables? (dang this stupid bolding XD)

g

Pepperland

Moves
04 Aug 09

Originally posted by LinkHyrule
Why not? Christ took breath, I took breath. There see? I just compared myself to Christ. That's not sacreligious to compare Christ's life situation's with someone else's thankyou. If it's a good analogy, why not use it? Christ used parables all the time to simple down things, using things his people knew in order to explain God's plan. Aren't we supposed to be Christ-like in our actions? Doesn't this mean we are allowed to speak in parables?
Christ took breath, I took breath. There see? I just compared myself to Christ.

so because of that you think you can compare yourself to the son of God? are you kidding me?

Doesn't this mean we are allowed to speak in parables?

who said anything about parables?

L

Corner Brook NFLD CA

Moves
04 Aug 09
2 edits

[b] I could just keep calling YOU a lunatic, and what is your defense? "I'm not a lunatic!"? Why should I believe you?

because I don't do anything to make myself looks like a lunatic. I don't claim to receive messages from Jesus, I don't invent new religions, I don't claim to be a prophet, etc ,etc.

All of your arguments are baseless conje ...[text shortened]... ing you are a lunatic. I believe you were deceived, but I don't think you're a lunatic.
Have you ever heard of Quetzalcoatl? (darn this bolding ....)

No! I am not saying I'm a diety. I'm saying I can compare one person to another, and no that is not sacreligious. Christ is included in that. In his parables, he compared himself to a lamb, even a thief in the night. Why not compare him to a normal person, who he suffered everything for? He obviously thought we were worth something.

g

Pepperland

Moves
04 Aug 09

Have you ever heard of Quetzalcoatl? (darn this bolding ....)

No! I am not saying I'm a diety. I'm saying I can compare one person to another, and no that is not sacreligious. Christ is included in that. In his parables, he compared himself ot a lamb, even a thief in the night. Why not compare him to a normal person, who he suffered everything for?
how is that relevant?

I didn't say anything about parables, why are you talking about that?

w

Moves
04 Aug 09

[b] Christ took breath, I took breath. There see? I just compared myself to Christ.

so because of that you think you can compare yourself to the son of God? are you kidding me?

Doesn't this mean we are allowed to speak in parables?

who said anything about parables?[/b]
There certainly is nothing wrong with comparing oneself to Jesus Christ. I try and live my life the way Jesus Christ lived His...by helping others. Would you say I am comparing myself to Jesus? All compare means is to examine or to note similarities and differences. I feel bad by giving you this simple definition, but comparing does not mean being equal to or being just as good or anything like that.

Perhaps then you would like to answer this question. How is it bad to examine Jesus Christ and how He lived and comparing it to our lives today? It seems to me this would be a good thing unless of course you would like to expand on what you just said.

I'm sadden no one challenged me to a game to discuss this further. I was looking forward to a good game of chess. :'(

The book I mentioned should be read. That book may answer some of your questions. It does give some good insights and food for thought.

L

Corner Brook NFLD CA

Moves
04 Aug 09

Parable n. a statement or comment that conveys a meaning indirectly by the use of comparison, analogy, or the like (this is straight from the dictionary) This is what parables are, and why Christ used them. He compared stuff to other stuff per se, so people could understand it. That's exactly what I did.

g

Pepperland

Moves
04 Aug 09

Originally posted by whiteknight26
There certainly is nothing wrong with comparing oneself to Jesus Christ. I try and live my life the way Jesus Christ lived His...by helping others. Would you say I am comparing myself to Jesus? All compare means is to examine or to note similarities and differences. I feel bad by giving you this simple definition, but comparing does not mean being equa ...[text shortened]... book may answer some of your questions. It does give some good insights and food for thought.
How is it bad to examine Jesus Christ and how He lived and comparing it to our lives today? It seems to me this would be a good thing unless of course you would like to expand on what you just said.

nobody is saying its bad. but it certainly is unrealistic considering he lived in a different time and considering he was who he was.

The book I mentioned should be read. That book may answer some of your questions. It does give some good insights and food for thought.

can you give answers to the questions raised previously?

have you seen the wikipedia link? do you have any comments on that?

g

Pepperland

Moves
04 Aug 09

Parable n. a statement or comment that conveys a meaning indirectly by the use of comparison, analogy, or the like (this is straight from the dictionary) This is what parables are, and why Christ used them. He compared stuff to other stuff per se, so people could understand it. That's exactly what I did.
so what?

I never said anything about parables, why did you start talking about it?

w

Moves
04 Aug 09
1 edit

[b]How is it bad to examine Jesus Christ and how He lived and comparing it to our lives today? It seems to me this would be a good thing unless of course you would like to expand on what you just said.

nobody is saying its bad. but it certainly is unrealistic considering he lived in a different time and considering he was who he was.

The b ...[text shortened]... stions raised previously?

have you seen the wikipedia link? do you have any comments on that?
You implied it with your statement. Here it is again.

"you think you can compare yourself to the Son of God? are you kidding me?"

I replied to that part you wrote. It is not bad to compare.

relax - I have a reply but would you seriously listen to what I have to say? You already failed to mention you were even going to try and read that book I posted. That book answers many questions already posted. It's up to you whether you believe it or not. Of course, that means you must first read it.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
06 Aug 09
1 edit

Most scholars seem to agree that the events occured in Mesoamerica, at which, there are ruins and buildings.
So your saying these people(Nephites and laminates) were the Aztecs? Mayans? That I'm really not buying. No connection with the Israelites. How would they lose the knowledge of Christ coming to the America's in a space of less than 1500 years? When true Christianity has flourished for 2000 years now? It's just not true. Mesoamericans lost there complete recollection of this event? It would have been written in stone or something. It's not credible no history to back it up.

Manny

c

Moves
08 Aug 09

He misplelt Mormon too

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by menace71
So your saying these people(Nephites and laminates) were the Aztecs? Mayans? That I'm really not buying. No connection with the Israelites. How would they lose the knowledge of Christ coming to the America's in a space of less than 1500 years? When true Christianity has flourished for 2000 years now? It's just not true. Mesoamericans lost there complete rec ...[text shortened]... en written in stone or something. It's not credible no history to back it up.

Manny
It is a bald-faced white-man's insult to the Native American. Promulgated by a opportunistic anti-social con man and only given credence by those with massive historical stupidity and undisguised racism. In short, it is pretty much like every other 'revealed' religion.

n

Moves
09 Aug 09
1 edit

This version of christianity is certainly more interesting than the more "traditional" varieties.

"This" being even more logical impossibilities and blatant stupidities that they purport.

They are "nicer" though

g

Pepperland

Moves
09 Aug 09

Originally posted by nook7
This version of christianity is certainly more interesting than the more "traditional" varieties.

"This" being even more logical impossibilities and blatant stupidities that they purport.

They are "nicer" though
like I said before, being nice doesn't make their cult any more legitimate.

I could convince a few morons that Im a prophet and tell them that they should follow me and be nice to everyone, but still, that wouldn't make me less of a charlatan.

Moves
09 Aug 09

like I said before, being nice doesn't make their cult any more legitimate.

I could convince a few morons that Im a prophet and tell them that they should follow me and be nice to everyone, but still, that wouldn't make me less of a charlatan.
It might get you a yacht, free-flowing champagne, and even more free-flowing young women like L. Ron Hubbard (or the 19th century equivalent that Joe Smith was after!) Damn personal integrity stands in the way our dreams every time!