Any LDS people around? I am.

Any LDS people around? I am.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Pepperland

Moves
09 Aug 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
It might get you a yacht, free-flowing champagne, and even more free-flowing young women like L. Ron Hubbard (or the 19th century equivalent that Joe Smith was after!) Damn personal integrity stands in the way our dreams every time!
Damn personal integrity stands in the way our dreams every time!

true.

but that wasn't the case for the likes of j.smith, who did not only get away with it but also had it recognized as a religion. I bet that late at night he was laughing at the fools who actually thought he was a prophet.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Aug 09

Originally posted by menace71
So your saying these people(Nephites and laminates) were the Aztecs? Mayans? That I'm really not buying. No connection with the Israelites. How would they lose the knowledge of Christ coming to the America's in a space of less than 1500 years? When true Christianity has flourished for 2000 years now? It's just not true. Mesoamericans lost there complete rec ...[text shortened]... en written in stone or something. It's not credible no history to back it up.

Manny
No answer?

Manny

d

Moves
10 Aug 09

Originally posted by whiteknight26
Where's the evidence that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead?
The Bible.

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
The Bible.
So you're LDS also?

w

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by menace71
No answer?

Manny
Some time ago, I posted the name of a book. The author is not LDS. I know you wouldn’t accept anything from an LDS author so I posted the name of that book. This book will answer many questions you seem to have about the Americas. Why should I even continue this conversation when many things are being ignored? All you have to do is order it from the Library and after reading it, come to your own conclusion.

I believe both the Bible and Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I believe due to the many experiences I have had in my life. I believe in following the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I have read wikipedia about Joseph Smith. When the paragraph starts by saying “In his youth”, then I have to say “so what?” I have done many things in my youth before I decided to be baptized in the LDS Church, which I am not particularly proud of. Does this mean I’m not a good person today? Of course not; what matters is that we strive to continue following the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Kev

g

Pepperland

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
So you're LDS also?
no, he's just stupid.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Aug 09

Originally posted by whiteknight26
Some time ago, I posted the name of a book. The author is not LDS. I know you wouldn’t accept anything from an LDS author so I posted the name of that book. This book will answer many questions you seem to have about the Americas. Why should I even continue this conversation when many things are being ignored? All you have to do is order it from the Li ...[text shortened]... not; what matters is that we strive to continue following the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Kev
Your right it's pointless. 🙂 Who is Christ? This is what it comes down to.
I admire the LDS for the morality at least the guys I've met but I will never buy into the theology of the LDS. One the surface the words seem the same but it's the meaning behind those words.

In peace
Manny