Any LDS people around? I am.

Any LDS people around? I am.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Corner Brook NFLD CA

Moves
20 Jul 09
2 edits

Kay, forget what I said before, if you need to, but what do you think about baptism for the dead? What happened to that practice? 1 Cor 15:29

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Jul 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Sorry, So if you don't believe in hell why do you care?
I care because many people I know have fallen under the sway of christianity. This affects their thinking on other issues. For example, some use the faith to justify bigotry against gays. "God said it" functions as an excuse to forgo critical thinking. This kind of stuff needs to be countered.

L

Corner Brook NFLD CA

Moves
20 Jul 09

I'm actually not a bigot towards gays, I just don't think they should be able to "marry." I love the person, not the action. You're stereotyping Christians as blind chickens who see a different colored chick in the group and peck at it till it's dead. Not all Christians are like that (granted, some are, but they aren't being Christian in doing so) When the Lord saw the adulterous woman, he loved her as the sister in heaven she was, and forgave her the sin, but commanded her to sin no more. He did not condone the sin, but still loved the person.

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

Originally posted by LinkHyrule
Kay, forget what I said before, if you need to, but what do you think about baptism for the dead? What happened to that practice? 1 Cor 15:29
That's what happened in our family, my mom had a miscarriage, got the baby baptized, think you say "If you are able to be baptized". If that helps.

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I care because many people I know have fallen under the sway of christianity. This affects their thinking on other issues. For example, some use the faith to justify bigotry against gays. "God said it" functions as an excuse to forgo critical thinking. This kind of stuff needs to be countered.
So you are gay?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Jul 09

So you are gay?
No.

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
No.
Then why do you care about that then?

L

Corner Brook NFLD CA

Moves
20 Jul 09

Why do sinless babies need to be baptized? To fulfill all righteousness? Christ already did that. I'm sorry, but I don't believe Christ would go along with a plan that made sinless babies go to hell for no reason.

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

Why do sinless babies need to be baptized? To fulfill all righteousness? Christ already did that. I'm sorry, but I don't believe Christ would go along with a plan that made sinless babies go to hell for no reason.
That's what Limbo is for, of course we all want them to go to Heaven and to make sure of that we baptize them.

L

Corner Brook NFLD CA

Moves
20 Jul 09

Uh huh.... Limbo..... Where does it mention that in the scriptures again?

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

Uh huh.... Limbo..... Where does it mention that in the scriptures again?
Abraham's bosom (Limbo).

L

Corner Brook NFLD CA

Moves
20 Jul 09
1 edit

We don't call it Limbo, it's Spirit Paradise, vs Spirit Prison ( 1 Pet 3:19) , and those who are in spirit prison are those who have not been baptised, or who have, and have fallen away. Children younger than the age of eight are however, without sin, and therefore, need no baptism. Otherwise, a lot of little kids are going to hell for absolutely no reason other than that the Lord took them home before they really understood what they were doing. Could a perfect God do such a thing?

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

We don't call it Limbo, it's Spirit Paradise, vs Spirit Prison ( 1 Pet 3:19) , and those who are in spirit prison are those who have not been baptised, or who have, and have fallen away. Children younger than the age of eight are however, without sin, and therefore, need no baptism. Otherwise, a lot of little kids are going to hell for absolutely no reaso ...[text shortened]... home before they really understood what they were doing. Could a perfect God do such a thing?
I didn't say that.

L

Corner Brook NFLD CA

Moves
20 Jul 09
1 edit

That's what happened in our family, my mom had a miscarriage, got the baby baptized, think you say "If you are able to be baptized". If that helps.

That's what Limbo is for, of course we all want them to go to Heaven and to make sure of that we baptize them.
Umm... then what was this all about?

d

Moves
20 Jul 09

Eh wut?
Can't you read?