Apparently, I am an Anti-Christ

Apparently, I am an Anti-Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
There you go behavior or personal there is a difference.
Exactly, thank you !

calling someone a liar is personal, it describes their behaviour same as accusing someone of “belittling” and of having “pride” is personal and describes behaviour.

F

Moves
01 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I believe if he is not right with Jesus Christ it DOES NOT MATTER about anything else me included.
Do you believe that the fact that divegeester is unimpressed by you ~ your character, and your intellectual behaviour ~ threatens his "salvation"? Don't run away from this specific question by pretending I have asked you a different one.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jul 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Exactly, thank you !

calling someone a liar is personal, it describes their behaviour same as accusing someone of “belittling” and of having “pride” is personal and describes behaviour.
Calling someone a liar describes something they are doing, and I'm fine with that.
Going personal is attacking the person, and since God is not a respecter of persons,
do you think anyone who does such things will stand before him guiltless?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jul 22

@fmf said
Do you believe that the fact that divegeester is unimpressed by you ~ your character, and your intellectual behaviour ~ threatens his "salvation"? Don't run away from this specific question by pretending I have asked you a different one.
You apparently still think my opinion matters with respect to his salvation, it does
not. Just like your version of what makes a Christian, you assume it is all personal
opinions, while I have been repeating telling you it is all Jesus, it is for Him as it
is you and me.

F

Moves
01 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You apparently still think my opinion matters with respect to his salvation, it does
not. Just like your version of what makes a Christian, you assume it is all personal
opinions, while I have been repeating telling you it is all Jesus, it is for Him as it
is you and me.
You are running away, yet again.

Moves
01 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Calling someone a liar describes something they are doing, and I'm fine with that.
I’m glad that you are “fine with it”.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jul 22

@fmf said
You are running away, yet again.
Nonsense, you want to make Christianity all about us, our personal opinions, while in truth it is all about Jesus. From Christ to anti-Christ, from the Savior to self, you are focusing on the wrong thing!

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
01 Jul 22

@fmf said
A Christian, citing "scripture", is insisting I am an "Anti-Christ".

What are the practical implications for the reality in which my family and I live?

What should I do now?

Apparently, I am also a "kafir" [which is a bad thing as well, I'm told] and the question is: what should I do about that, too?

But we can save that for another time and another thread.
An anti-Christ is somebody who deliberately misleads in a spiritual way, but would present themselves in a spiritual light in order to deceive, teaching contrary to what they know to be true. I don't see that in you.

A good example of this would be members of the clergy who know full well that it is against scripture to bow before images, but openly do so encouraging others to repeat the error. Exodus 20: 4-5

In your case as I understand it, unless things have changed, you did have a faith but lost it. You challenge lines of religious thinking, but that act in itself is not a mark of an antichrist (note that it is a class not one individual), and Paul actually encouraged people to challenge religious teachings citing the ancient Boreans as a good example.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jul 22

@medullah said
An anti-Christ is somebody who deliberately misleads in a spiritual way, but would present themselves in a spiritual light in order to deceive, teaching contrary to what they know to be true. I don't see that in you.

A good example of this would be members of the clergy who know full well that it is against scripture to bow before images, but openly do so encouraging othe ...[text shortened]... ly encouraged people to challenge religious teachings citing the ancient Boreans as a good example.
Where is Christ in the definition of Anti-Christ in your definition?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
01 Jul 22

@KellyJay

The subject matter was Anti-Christ. One who teaches contrary to Christ. Christ upheld and fulfilled the law, showing that a perfect man could do it The passage that I quoted from Exodus can be fond within the law. Therefore Christ would be against idolatory, which is practiced by goodness knows how many priests every Sunday morning.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jul 22

@medullah said
@KellyJay

The subject matter was Anti-Christ. One who teaches contrary to Christ. Christ upheld and fulfilled the law, showing that a perfect man could do it The passage that I quoted from Exodus can be fond within the law. Therefore Christ would be against idolatory, which is practiced by goodness knows how many priests every Sunday morning.
2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

Where exactly did the words anti-Christ show up in Exodus?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
01 Jul 22

@KellyJay

I never said that it did. I said that Christ upheld the law andf fulfilled it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jul 22

@medullah said
@KellyJay

I never said that it did. I said that Christ upheld the law andf fulfilled it.
And when I quoted the scripture that spells out what and who an Anti-Christ is you
I think I'm in error because something in Exodus makes you think Christ upheld the
law and fulfilled it, and that means Anti-Christ to you?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
01 Jul 22

@KellyJay

I think that you ought to take a couple of steps backwards and calm dowm, take another look. I haven't discussed you.

I gave my opinion of FMF which under the terms of the OP I thin that I was justified in doing.

I gave my defination of an anti Christ - "somebody who deliberately misleads in a spiritual way". If you feel that this is wrong then why not state your case clearly and I will happily discuss it with you.

F

Moves
01 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Nonsense, you want to make Christianity all about us, our personal opinions, while in truth it is all about Jesus. From Christ to anti-Christ, from the Savior to self, you are focusing on the wrong thing!
All you present here are personal opinions. Your faith is a set of highly subjective personal opinions. Whether you are talking about Jesus, or your own immortality or me being tortured for eternity or your own moral compass or mine, it's all just you parading your personal viewpoints and perspectives, and offering them up for scrutiny, though scrutiny and dissent often seem to make squeal. I too am sharing my personal perspectives.