1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:291 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    In your interactions with other believers, including those outside your denomination, would you say your view on slavery in the twenty first century is a commonly held belief among Christians?
    why don't you just provide empirical Biblical evidence to the contrary instead of dealing in lamebo opinions, your usual currency. Yes FMF, why dont you?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why don't you just provide empirical Biblical evidence to the contrary instead of dealing in lamebo opinions, your usual currency.
    The OP question is: "Is [robbie's] opinion about the legitimacy of slavery even until this day a commonly held belief among Christians?"
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    The OP question is: "Is [robbie's] opinion about the legitimacy of slavery even until this day a commonly held belief among Christians?"
    its not my opinion, its Biblically sound, why don't you likewise refute it Biblically, or will we be dealt more of your opinions and be subject to more of your slander.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:36
    its not my opinion, its Biblically sound, why don't you likewise refute it Biblically, or will we be dealt more of your opinions and be subject to more of your slander.
    The OP question is about whether other Christians agree with you. There has been no slander, robbie.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:38
    I have not denied the stance, my objection was to him making it personal to me. If anyone has Biblical knowledge or evidence to the contrary them produce it, otherwise, the statement stands. I challenge you or anyone else for clearly, first century Christians were permitted to own slaves, Onesipherous was one such slave and Paul counselled him to return to his master, now also a Christian.
    "I have not denied the stance, my objection was to him making it personal to me."

Well I'm not doing that, I hope.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    The OP question is about whether other Christians agree with you. There has been no slander, robbie.
    My assertion was made on the basis of the Biblical stance, waz sup FMF, cant you refute it and is there no one to help you, serves you right for being a total slandering zoob.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:40
    My assertion was made on the basis of the Biblical stance, waz sup FMF, cant you refute it and is there no one to help you, serves you right for being a total slandering zoob.
    Like I said, the OP question is about whether other Christians agree with you.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:41
    Originally posted by JS357
    "I have not denied the stance, my objection was to him making it personal to me."

Well I'm not doing that, I hope.
    No you are not because you have a serious and genuine interest in understanding what the Biblical perspective is, FMF is simply an internet troll, that is why he must make everything personal, he has no real genuine thirst for knowledge or understanding, look at his posts, they are for the most part empty reflections.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like I said, the OP question is about whether other Christians agree with you.
    And you are simply doing them a favour. I repeat its not my stance, it is the Biblical stance, anyone is free to refute it, I did not author it, it is not of my originality.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:43
    It would be libel, not slander, under secular law, but I don't think you'd have a case at least in the US. But are you referring this to Biblical judgement?
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:44
    No you are not because you have a serious and genuine interest in understanding what the Biblical perspective is, FMF is simply an internet troll, that is why he must make everything personal, he has no real genuine thirst for knowledge or understanding, look at his posts, they are for the most part empty reflections.
    Make it personal? You're the one dishing out the name calling. 🙄

You missed my post on the bottom of page one. I haven't worked out how to copy and past on the I-pad yet.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:47
    I repeat its not my stance, it is the Biblical stance, anyone is free to refute it, I did not author it, it is not of my originality.
    The question in the OP is about whether other Christians agree with your stance on slavery.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    It would be libel, not slander, under secular law, but I don't think you'd have a case at least in the US. But are you referring this to Biblical judgement?
    FMF in his slanderous and slimy way has taken the Biblical stance on slavery and made it personal to me, although I did not author or originate it. That is a misrepresentation, whether its libel or slander i cannot say, there is no need for it, all he had to sate was that it was the Biblical stance, for clearly it is, that is why he cannot refute it. First century Christians were permitted to own slaves, there is no denying it, but because i have the honesty and integrity to accept the fact and not hide it he is left with no other recourse but to introduce opinions and perceptions, for clearly the Biblical record is clear.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:51
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Make it personal? You're the one dishing out the name calling. 🙄

You missed my post on the bottom of page one. I haven't worked out how to copy and past on the I-pad yet.
    no wonder, the dudes the pits man, he ascertained what the Biblical stance was and then proceeded to portray it like it was of my own originality, its a gross misrepresentation, If the Bible does not permit the owning of slaves for Christians and I have produced a principle which would forbid it although fully acknowledging that it is possible, then feel free to refute the stance, I don't mind, its after all, not mine.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:55
    FMF in his slanderous and slimy way has taken the Biblical stance on slavery and made it personal to me, although I did not author or originate it. That is a misrepresentation...
    For me to state that you believe you are permitted by God to own slaves [as long as you don't break secular anti-slavery laws] is not a misrepresentation. It is your view. It is your stance. It is your belief. It is not misrepresenting you to point this out. Anyway, this thread asks whether other Christians have the same stance on slavery as you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree