Are Saturday Nights a good time for a heart to hea

Are Saturday Nights a good time for a heart to hea

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
12 Jun 05
1 edit

There is a likelihood that a flood event actually happened. Why would the ancients invent such a story unless there was some historical element?

Considering it as a historical event, it was local to southern Mesopotamia rather than having been a global deluge.

gil

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by telerion
I've noticed that our devout bethren retire early on Saturday night, presumably to be bright and shiny for Jesus the next morning. Would this be a good time to drop the facade? Perhaps we could confess to each other how we really don't accept science either. How we almost lost it and spilled the beans when dj2 plagerized that last website.
Or maybe we ...[text shortened]... our guard down now. We are in a safe environment while the brow-beaters get their beauty sleep.
Wow. I really long deep in the cockles of my heart to confess my doubts about the evolutionatheistagnosticism religion and accept Jesus, as long as I can hide it from the xtians. My pride can't take them knowing how they got to me. However, there's a small problem. This thread will still be here tomorrow and Monday...secret confessions when the xtians are asleep don't really work when there's a written document waiting for them to check it out.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by gentlegil
Considering it as a historical event, it was local to southern Mesopotamia rather than having been a global deluge.
However, Mesoamerican cultures in the Americas contain similar deluge myths, although one might discount the Aztec version which was revealed after the infection of christianity. Maybe this does point to a global event rather than a mere local one?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
12 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by David C
However, Mesoamerican cultures in the Americas contain similar deluge myths, although one might discount the Aztec version which was revealed after the infection of christianity. Maybe this does point to a global event rather than a mere local one?
But Abraham wasn't born in MesoAmerica, nor was his father in the business of making statues to Cal-Tiki. Ur was in southern Mesopotamia where there is geologic evidence of a large 3rd millenia b.c. flood.
The premise that the Sumerian flood story is the source of Genesis flood story is not merely based on the similarities of the two but also on the significant factor that the originator of the religion's birthplace was in Sumer.

f

Moves
12 Jun 05

I've noticed that our devout bethren retire early on Saturday night, presumably to be bright and shiny for Jesus the next morning. Would this be a good time to drop the facade? Perhaps we could confess to each other how we really don't accept science either. How we almost lost it and spilled the beans when dj2 plagerized that last website.
Or maybe we ...[text shortened]... our guard down now. We are in a safe environment while the brow-beaters get their beauty sleep.
A Christian needs to serve Christ 7 days a week, Here is what I don't understand, If someone truly believed in a God, And in a hell, they would be worshipping Christ 7 days a week, instead of just putting on a fake, (I know several people who worships Christ at every moment,) I think there would be allot less Atheist, if there was allot less hypocrites

btw I accept science, but unlike you I look at it with an open mind instead of just believing everything a scientist says.

I also believe in Noah's Flood, there are many people who claim to have seen Noah's ark, and I even seen on satellite pictures what looks like it could be an ark, (I'm not saying it is, just that it appears to be) Also I just read that even scientist say the grand canyon was formed by a massive flood, so yes, I am convinced that Noah's flood actually happened

N

The sky

Moves
12 Jun 05

Which just gave me a thought. If I'm not worried about being presentable in front of a church congregation tomorrow, why am I the only one typing in the RHP forums on a Sat night?
That's where you are mistaken. You are not the only one. But many people are outside your time. What's a Saturday evening to you, is a Sunday morning to them. And what's a Sunday morning to you, is a Sunday afternoon to them. 🙂

f

Moves
12 Jun 05

One guy brought a peice of Petrified wood supposedly from the ark site, but only found one problem, there was no growth rings on it. Most creation scientist say that there was no seasons before the flood, which would mean that in Noah's days there would no growth rings on trees, Just an interesting thought

N

The sky

Moves
12 Jun 05
1 edit

As for Noah's ark, how did all the animals from places far away, even other continents, get to the ark? And how did the polar bears and penguins survive? Did they get a huge fridge to live in?

Oops, wrong thread. I wasn't supposed to be critical. Let me rephrase...

As for Noah's ark, I find it really amazing how god managed to get all the animals there and let them survive under conditions which were foreign to them. That shows once again the power of god.

f

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by Nordlys
As for Noah's ark, how did all the animals from places far away, even other continents, get to the ark? And how did the polar bears and penguins survive? Did they get a huge fridge to live in?

Oops, wrong thread. I wasn't supposed to be critical. Let me rephrase...

As for Noah's ark, I find it really amazing how god managed to get all the animals t ...[text shortened]... hem survive under conditions which were foreign to them. That shows once again the power of god.
If God can create the earth in 7 days, he can surely guide the animals

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by Nordlys
That's where you are mistaken. You are not the only one. But many people are outside your time. What's a Saturday evening to you, is a Sunday morning to them. And what's a Sunday morning to you, is a Sunday afternoon to them. 🙂
Good point! Some of that Eastern Standard Time bias coming out 🙂

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Jun 05

I know several people who worships Christ at every moment

I suppose you have a very loose interpretation of "worship."

btw I accept science, but unlike you I look at it with an open mind instead of just believing everything a scientist says.

You have no idea whether I accept everything a scientist says or not. Have I ever said this to you? I think you're just sporting some xtian prejudice. Are you walking in the Spirit or in the flesh, Fly? Think about it.

I also believe in Noah's Flood, there are many people who claim to have seen Noah's ark, and I even seen on satellite pictures what looks like it could be an ark, (I'm not saying it is, just that it appears to be)

Wait. Let me get this straight. You believe that the great flood myth happened exactly as it is recounted in Gen. 6?

Also I just read that even scientist say the grand canyon was formed by a massive flood, so yes, I am convinced that Noah's flood actually happened

Why should it matter whether scientists say that the Grand Canyon was formed by a massive flood or not (other than a couple of quack apologists, they do not. You were misinformed.)? You don't accept everything scientists say, so you should provide a reason why you accept what scientists say in this case (again they don't really) and do not accept what scientists say in other cases.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by flyUnity
Oh, I see how this will go. We will provide extensive physical evidence and reasoned argument as to why it is absolutely ridiculous to think that the story recounted in Gen 6 actually happened.

And you will counter over and over with "It's Magic!"

Unfortunately, we can say any absurd thing happened if we appeal to magic (Goddunnit is equivalent). Right now everything on earth is covered in lava. You don't see it? So. It's magic!

N

The sky

Moves
12 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by flyUnity
Yeah, I know, I know. God can do anything, so he could guide those polar bears to the ark and let them survive under conditions they usually wouldn't survive, and he could keep all the animals on the ark from eating each other, etc. etc. But if he can do anything, what was the point of making things so complicated? And why did he choose a solution which would not only kill the humans, but also most animals? The bible is pretty clear on the point that it was the humans he had a problem with. Does he not care for animals?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by David C
I think it points to pre-civilization origin of the flood myth. Frogstomp's explanation utterly fails to take into account the fact that various people's the world over have a flood myth which is pretty similar in form to the Noah one; they can't all be derived from the Sumerian one. I submit the worldwide flood story is simply a very old tale, a "proto-myth" dating back when the human race was limited in area to Africa and the Middle east. As Man spread over the globe, he took this myth with him.

f

Moves
12 Jun 05

[b]I know several people who worships Christ at every moment

I suppose you have a very loose interpretation of "worship."

You have no idea whether I accept everything a scientist says or not. Have I ever said th ...[text shortened]... in this case (again they don't really) and do not accept what scientists say in other cases.
[/b]
My Definition of a true christian would be one that puts Christ first in their life, and not anything else such as chess, work, and family etc,

Also I have a very good idea what you accept of science, based on the threads you posted, I have never seen you argue with an evolutionist scientist, any scientist you disagree with you call them "quack apologists". And about me walking in the flesh or spirit, I am far from perfect, Hope you realize that. I may be wrong in what science I believe. I'm not saying that what I say is true, I'm just saying that that's what I believe

I do believe that the flood actually happened,
A question for you, lets say in 10 years or so, that there is clear evidence of the ark being found, and it matches the bible, would you believe it then? or would you make up a new theory supporting that it never happened? I'm not saying this will happen, I'm just asking what you would do if it does