1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 07:48
    @divegeester said
    For someone who intermittently claims to be a Christian and not be a Christian I can see why there is confusion in your mind. Your problem is you seem to have virtually no grasp of biblical and gospel principles.
    I simply asked the question in the OP, which you didn't answer.

If I said "the prayer" many years ago, can I lose my Christianity on a daily basis, for any reason, such as adultery, stealing, etc.

If not, then you shouldn't question MY Christianity in the way you do.

***and yes, I said "the prayer".
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 07:541 edit
    @chaney3 said

If I said "the prayer" many years ago, can I lose my Christianity on a daily basis, for any reason, such as adultery, stealing, etc.

Your question is childlike and cannot be answered.

Who knows what your prayer was, condition your spirit was in, is in, will be in. Who knows what our relationship to god is.

I NEVER question your chrsitanity you lying little weasel, what I question is your own mind. One day you say you are a Christian, the next you’re not, the next you don’t know.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 07:541 edit
    @suzianne said
    So?

I'm thinking you're showing delusions of your own importance.

For the nth time, what you think bothers me a non-positive amount.
    @FMF said
    Nobody, aside from me, debated or discussed it with Grampy Bobby here on this debate and discussion forum which is provided for the debate and discussion of things such as these.

@suzianne said
    So?

So what was - I wonder - your objective in keeping your opinion and dissent secret? To maintain the impression that nobody disagreed with Grampy Bobby's notion?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 08:02
    @divegeester said
    Your question is childlike and cannot be answered.

Who knows what your prayer was, condition your spirit was in, is in, will be in. Who knows what our relationship to god is.

I NEVER question your chrsitanity you lying little weasel, what I question is your own mind. One day you say you are a Christian, the next you’re not, the next you don’t know.
    Even if I question my own Christianity, it doesn't mean I'm not a Christian......today.....or tomorrow.

Get it?? Yet???

(Sometimes the questions need to be child like to make the point)
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 08:05
    @chaney3 said
    Even if I question my own Christianity, it doesn't mean I'm not a Christian......today.....or tomorrow.

Get it?? Yet???

(Sometimes the questions need to be child like to make the point)
    Yes of course I “get” that.

My issue with you is you pick and choose when to be a Christian based of your mood in the forum and what point of view you happen to be discussing. You have done ever since your very first post here.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 08:11
    @chaney3 said
    Sometimes the questions need to be child like to make the point
    Childlike or not, what point is it you think you are making in your own mind?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 08:16
    @fmf said
    Childlike or not, what point is it you think you are making in your own mind?
    Simply that while I have publicly doubted my own Christianity, I have never "thrown it back".

I still question everything, which is unsettling as being considered a "good Christian".

This dilemma shouldn't be mocked, in my opinion.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 08:21
    @chaney3 said
    Simply that while I have publicly doubted my own Christianity, I have never "thrown it back".

I still question everything, which is unsettling as being considered a "good Christian".

This dilemma shouldn't be mocked, in my opinion.
    Asking you what your point is on this thread is not "mocking".
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 06:001 edit
    @fmf said
    @FMF said
    Nobody, aside from me, debated or discussed it with Grampy Bobby here on this debate and discussion forum which is provided for the debate and discussion of things such as these.

@suzianne said
    So?

So what was - I wonder - your objective in keeping your opinion and dissent secret? To maintain the impression that nobody disagreed with Grampy Bobby's notion?
    Go on, do tell us just what else you "wonder".

I wonder why you think I have to tell you anything, especially what I say to anyone out of this forum.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 06:12
    @suzianne said
    Go on, do tell us just what else you "wonder".

I wonder why you think I have to tell you anything, especially what I say to anyone out of this forum.
    It's a public debate and discussion forum, Suzianne. Debate and discussion you claim to have had in secret has nothing to do with what is debated and discussed here. You never expressed any disagreement in public with the notion that even a person who believes in Jesus for just one second is irrevocably gifted with eternal life regardless of whether they stop believing ~ a piece of Christian doctrine Grampy Bobby explained in public and did so without any dissent from other Christians.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 06:15
    @suzianne said
    I'll take that as a 'yes' ~ your sycophancy towards Grampy Bobby trumped any principles you might have regarding what you see as the truth.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 11:302 edits
    @chaney3 said

The question you need to ask yourself is simple, do you belong to God through
    Jesus Christ? You can say a prayer, and ask Christ in, that doesn't mean you have
    believed in your heart and actually have received Christ in.

Some say that prayer as a get out of jail free card, because they have no intention
    of changing anything from their sinful ways over to the Lord. They get told by
    someone they are saved, and they can now just live their lives as they always have
    thinking all is well.

The thing about Christianity, there are more than a few warnings about our
    turning away and why would there be if the danger isn't real. Struggling to turn
    one's life over to the Lord is one thing, fighting the good fight isn't easy its hard.
    The good news is that the struggle is for overcoming in this life. We win in Christ,
    so those in Christ who are seeking Him to do His will may stumble, but they will
    get back up.

Those that are not struggling to serve the Lord, if they have just decided to live in
    sin and never seek the Lord they to are making choices that do not lead to the
    overcoming life in Christ. The faith is centered on Jesus Christ, not "a" prayer.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 11:41
    @kellyjay said
    The question you need to ask yourself is simple, do you belong to God through
    Jesus Christ? You can say a prayer, and ask Christ in, that doesn't mean you have
    believed in your heart and actually have received Christ in.

Some say that prayer as a get out of jail free card, because they have no intention
    of changing anything from their sinful ways over to the Lord. They ...[text shortened]... o not lead to the
    overcoming life in Christ. The faith is centered on Jesus Christ, not "a" prayer.
    If he simply finds the notion 'Jesus is God' to be unbelievable, is there any way - through Christianity - to your way of thinking - that he can avoid being tortured by Jesus for eternity?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 11:45
    @kellyjay said
    The thing about Christianity, there are more than a few warnings about our
    turning away and why would there be if the danger isn't real.
    Maybe the writers of the text wanted to scare people: hence the "warnings". The danger doesn't have to be real in order for people to write religious literature claiming it is.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 14:44
    @fmf said
    If he simply finds the notion 'Jesus is God' to be unbelievable, is there any way - through Christianity - to your way of thinking - that he can avoid being tortured by Jesus for eternity?
    The question is only answered by him and Jesus Christ, it isn't a check list of I do
    believe this, I don't believe that. Its Jesus Christ alone, the Way, Truth, and Life. The
    discussions on these boards rarely talk about things that matter when it comes to
    Christ. We can disagree on the age of the earth, Hell, getting baptized in the name
    of Jesus, or the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. What is it only going to come down to
    and NOTHING else, what is your relationship with Jesus Christ? Is Jesus Christ your
    Lord and Savior or not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree