Are you a doubting Christian?

Are you a doubting Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Mar 16

Originally posted by galveston75
Hey all. Just passing thru as I've been extremely busy with life. Wish it would slow down...
Thinking about this today and made myself sit down and ask this to all who profess being a Christian.

Do you doubt the bible? Do you doubt what God says in it? Do you doubt his son Jesus and what he said? Do you doubt that the Bible and God's words are not ...[text shortened]... ough for you? If there is something you don't understand or even agree with, where is the faith?
I believe God, and agree with Him, when He said that if a prophet preaches about other gods then that prophet should be put to death.

The Watchtower Organisation is a false prophet. They preach that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, and not the Son of God as Jesus said.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Mar 16

Hey all. Just passing thru as I've been extremely busy with life. Wish it would slow down...
Thinking about this today and made myself sit down and ask this to all who profess being a Christian.

Do you doubt the bible? Do you doubt what God says in it? Do you doubt his son Jesus and what he said? Do you doubt that the Bible and God's words are not ...[text shortened]... ough for you? If there is something you don't understand or even agree with, where is the faith?
I do not doubt as a Christian. I only doubt the interpretation of doctrine by some who clearly haven't put much thought into it, and those whose vanity keeps the beam in their eye.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
I'd like an answer to this, a question that both Robbie and Roigam have evaded.

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." -- Isaiah 43:11, KJV

What do you think this means? And how might this relate to John 14:6?
You can't answer a question with a question. I'd like your comments but I asked the question what is an angel according to the bible and if Jesus is or is not an angel since this was asked of me. Do you have an answer for that as I'm trying to keep this thought going without distraction.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Mar 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
I believe God, and agree with Him, when He said that if a prophet preaches about other gods then that prophet should be put to death.

The Watchtower Organisation is a false prophet. They preach that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, and not the Son of God as Jesus said.
Ok we know your thoughts on all that. Now what do you think an angel is according to the bible??????

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Mar 16

Ok we know your thoughts on all that. Now what do you think an angel is according to the bible??????
Angel means messenger. I have a feeling your argument is going to be that Jesus was a messenger and therefore also an angel. And archangel means chief angel therefore Jesus [the chief messenger] = Micheal the Archangel.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Mar 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Angel means messenger. I have a feeling your argument is going to be that Jesus was a messenger and therefore also an angel. And archangel means chief angel therefore Jesus [the chief messenger] = Micheal the Archangel.
Well it seems you do have an understanding of why we believe he is.
Are you aware that the name Jesus was only given to him as his earthly name? He was never called by that name before he came to earth and was born as a man. Do you have any idea what god's first born was named from the time of his creation until he came to earth?
I'm sure you know this but just trying to establish some basic facts about him....

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Mar 16

Are you aware that the name Jesus was only given to him as his earthly name? He was never called by that name before he came to earth and was born as a man. Do you have any idea what god's first born was named from the time of his creation until he came to earth?
I'm sure you know this but just trying to establish some basic facts about him....
With respect, your knowledge about Jesus is based on faith, not 'basic facts' of any description. Believing something doesn't make it factual.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
With respect, your knowledge about Jesus is based on faith, not 'basic facts' of any description. Believing something doesn't make it factual.
Facts in the bible are facts. Yes faith is needed for things that are not facts. Do you know what his name was before he came to earth?

Moves
03 Mar 16

So.....knowing our conversations of the past and knowing your usual answers and the motives behind them which up till now is one of not wanting to learn but only to attack, why should I waist my time responding to you?
But I'll respond to you on this subject of Jesus being or not being and angel. I'll ask you this and see where you go with it. If you ...[text shortened]... oughts.....Fair enough?
What is your explanation or definition of what an "angel" actually is?
My opinion, or indeed your opinion, of what an angel is, is irrelevant. You have no scripture to back up these erroneous claims. End of.

Moves
03 Mar 16

Originally posted by Captain Strange
Legend : 'a story from the past that is believed by many people but cannot be taken to be true'

Sums up your lot
Oh, nice one Cyril.

Moves
03 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Captain Strange
The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward.
Exodus 25:20
You playing all your trump cards in this one hand? 😉

Moves
03 Mar 16

Are you going to cite scripture or just waffle on about how misunderstood you lot are?

Moves
03 Mar 16

Facts in the bible are facts. Yes faith is needed for things that are not facts. Do you know what his name was before he came to earth?
Why don't you stop asking patronising questions and provide categorical scriptural reference to back up your categorical erroneous clams?

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
03 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Why don't you stop asking patronising questions and provide categorical scriptural reference to back up your categorical erroneous clams?
Another slippery devil in the same mode as robin.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Mar 16

Facts in the bible are facts only in as far as facts in the Lord of the Rings are facts. For example it is factual that there was one ring to rule them all, but this has no bearing on the book itself being fictional.

As an atheist i do not view it as factual that he existed before he came to earth, or indeed that he existed at all as the bible describes him. Therefore your question as to his name before he came to earth has no meaning for me. (But thanks for asking).