Are you a member of the church of the New Testa...

Are you a member of the church of the New Testa...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
11 Oct 07

Originally posted by Treytrumpet1
The church of Christ. Of course I attend worship services. I worship in Dalton, GA, with the Highland church of Christ.
Is this part of the well documented "international" church of Christ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
Not to change the subject or anything but it reminds me of a time I visited a church that had no intstruments of any kind. It was not because they had any hang ups of any kind about using instruments, rather, they were just poor. However, what really blew me away was when certain people would have the incling to go solo in front of the congeration and begin ...[text shortened]... r very soul for all to see. Just thought I would share, so having said all of that carry on!!!!
Thats a very common phenomenon in poor countries. They worship with more enthusiasm and with whatever tools they have - drums, home made guitars, flutes. etc

Whatever happened to Treytrumpet ?

I wonder if Vistesd realised that he destroyed an entire 'Church of Christ' cult with that one post.

JJ

Moves
11 Oct 07

Originally posted by Treytrumpet1
I visited the website. I am aware that there are those who refer to those who follow the Bible and obey its teaching as cultic. However, their claims are without any basis whatsoever, and they are illogical in their conclusions.

Trust me, I think for myself, I am my own person. My views on the Bible come from my own personal study. My leader is C ...[text shortened]... e saved, but honestly I don't think many in this thread have been listening to my posts at all.
As i said earlier in this thread....why are we divided,us believers in Christ, whats with all this denomination stuff.....Catholic,Cof E etc,etc all believe in God right?... right! so why be seperated from each other....as Jack Nicholson said in "Mars Attacks" "Why cant we all just get along!".

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
11 Oct 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
As i said earlier in this thread....why are we divided,us believers in Christ, whats with all this denomination stuff.....Catholic,Cof E etc,etc all believe in God right?... right! so why be seperated from each other....as Jack Nicholson said in "Mars Attacks" "Why cant we all just get along!".
Because Christian Group A insists that Christian Group B is doing something
damningly wrong. For example, consider TreyTrumpet: he absurdly
thinks that the Christian Scriptures forbids musical accompaniment and
says that other church traditions are not upholding the true teachings of
Jesus.

The Roman Church has gone as far as to say Lutheran/Episcopalian/
Prebyterian/&c assemblies are not churches because they are not
upholding the true teachings of Jesus.

And so on. And so forth.

That's why Christians can't 'get along;' it's because every church tradition
thinks they've cornered the market on salvation.

Nemesio

s

Moves
12 Oct 07
1 edit

It is the nature of the beast.....

Give it a few years my friend, and perhaps you will come to the true faith... (Gospel according to KJ)

Cape Town

Moves
12 Oct 07

You forgot to mention the Muslims and Jews, they believe in God too. I'm sure if you try really hard, you can get along with them. And while your at it, why cant you get along with us atheists? We both believe in existence you know.

As mentioned by other posters, it is hard to get along with someone else who believes that your beliefs are so far removed from his that you are going to hell or worse - that you are an agent of Satan. For example some denominations preach that pastors of some other denominations are anti-Christs.

s

Moves
12 Oct 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
......For example some denominations preach that pastors of some other denominations are anti-Christs.
I think you have touched on the essence of the matter here.

If someone preaches something similar to what I believe, but with a couple of differences, then that is much more dangerous to my flock. They might actually not see these differences are that important, and my flock loses some sheep! This is therefore a bigger threat than someone who says something entirely different; because my flock (sheep, if you will) will not as easily go with the wolves.

My vitriol would therefore be especially hard on those who preach closer to home than otherwise. Let me think of some examples.... mmmmm. now that's hard.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
13 Oct 07

Originally posted by Nemesio
Because Christian Group A insists that Christian Group B is doing something
damningly wrong. For example, consider TreyTrumpet: he absurdly
thinks that the Christian Scriptures forbids musical accompaniment and
says that other church traditions are not upholding the true teachings of
Jesus.

The Roman Church has gone as far as to say Lutheran/Episcop ...[text shortened]... ecause every church tradition

Nemesio
That's why Christians can't 'get along;' it's because every church tradition

Nemesio

Every....? That's a bit of a sweeping statement don't you think. For your two examples I could probably cite hundreds of denominations that are happy to unite under the name Christian. Just because I like guitars in church doesn't mean that I think the Methodists are damned.

Treytrumpet is an exception because he is in a cult that uses psychological techniques and distorts the truth. Even so that doesn't mean he is damned , just that he is in the wrong church.

C

Moves
16 Oct 07

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whom so ever believeth in him shall not parish, but have everlasting life - John 3:16

This is the salvation to God's Eternal Kingdom. The church acts as the community or the vessel for receiving God and in return for giving back to God.

As a Christian, I believe that it is FAITH in GOD, in Jesus and in the Holy Spirit the gives you everlasting life.

JJ

Moves
16 Oct 07

Once again i say...." Everything is possible for him who believes"

Mark 9:23

s

Moves
16 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by snowinscotland

If someone preaches something similar to what I believe, but with a couple of differences, then that is much more dangerous to my flock. They might actually not see these differences are that important, and my flock loses some sheep! This is therefore a bigger threat than someone who says ...[text shortened]... reach closer to home than otherwise. Let me think of some examples.... mmmmm. now that's hard.
oh oh oh thought of one!

The newest of the 'old' ; Islam; reserves the worst punishment (and in this life too) for those who have been a member, and then leave; become apostates. Nothing worse. Death by vitriol, or just death, by whatever.

(edit)oh and treytrumpet, if you are still there,

''and there are many external evidences that can prove the Bible to be truly given of Deity. '' you said.

1) Do you have the evidence to hand?

2) how was the church led between being founded in 30ad; and the bible being assembled (say) 200/250 a.d.?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Oct 07

Originally posted by snowinscotland

If someone preaches something similar to what I believe, but with a couple of differences, then that is much more dangerous to my flock. They might actually not see these differences are that important, and my flock loses some sheep! This is therefore a bigger threat than someone who says ...[text shortened]... reach closer to home than otherwise. Let me think of some examples.... mmmmm. now that's hard.
It's actually a case of the best deceptions tend to be those that fool you and have a hint of truth about them. A fake Rolex watch looks pretty similar to a real one by all accounts , but it's the fake rolex that will catch unsuspecting out.

s

Moves
17 Oct 07

...and another. The church uses the excommunication threat to ensure the faithful toe the line... although I must admit there are so many fractures that almost everybody is out of step with everybody else... but the ex-convert is much more dangerous. (like I guess the Rolex/fake Rolex analogy, very dangerous these ex's)

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
18 Oct 07

Originally posted by Rajk999
Question to Treytrumpet : Is that sufficent proof that you and your cult are misinterpreting the NT?
What a coincidence that TreyTrumpet becomes selectively blind when
confronted with Biblical evidence that other tradition's worship practices
are not only permitted by the New Testament, but encouraged by it.

Nemesio

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Oct 07

Originally posted by Nemesio
What a coincidence that TreyTrumpet becomes selectively blind when
confronted with Biblical evidence that other tradition's worship practices
are not only permitted by the New Testament, but encouraged by it.

Nemesio
On the plus side, I would like to think that he took the info Vistesd provided back to his church and they are now hopefully considering the posibility that they were very wrong.