Atheism doesn't have a persuasive message...

Atheism doesn't have a persuasive message...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Not by chance, but on purpose. Comes from hearing the prophecy! And then intending to fulfill it.

Which kinda makes the prophecy right.
You obviously know nothing about the prophecy in Daniel 9. But being the atheists’ lickspittle doesn’t require that, does it? It just requires the ability to troll like a young un.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 May 18

You lost, romans 666. I see no reason to care about what you think.

I'm slow, but not at a dead stop. ciao

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

You lost, romans 666. I see no reason to care about what you think.

I'm slow, but not at a dead stop. ciao
Ciao, indeed. And maybe try reading the prophecy in Daniel 9 before you post about it.

Posting when you’re in the deep end of the pool without your water wings is never a good idea. Just ask the scuba kid.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Ciao, indeed. ...
Took me a while to figure out how to spell ciao. You aren't dealing with a smart person here.

And you lost!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Took me a while to figure out how to spell ciao. You aren't dealing with a smart person here.

And you lost!
Yeah, sure, whatever you say.

🙄

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
26 May 18

Originally posted by @js357
Anyone can specify a definition and then destroy it if there is a reduction flaw to be found. It can be done as a hypothetical.
That process is sometimes the whole discussion. It's not as easy as you make it sound.

Moves
26 May 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
That process is sometimes the whole discussion. It's not as easy as you make it sound.
You are right.

(Btw reductio became reduction while I wasn’t looking.)

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
26 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Why do some people ~ not atheists, mind you ~ suggest that atheism should have a "persuasive message" when, in fact, propagating messages is surely a matter for people operating in the realm of competing religious doctrines?
How would you characterize the message of Richard Dawkins and all the various atheist authors of books and publications, some of which are quoted in this thread, promoting atheism and denouncing belief in a creator God?

Are they not engaged in the act of producing a "persuasive message" of their own in support of atheism?

F

Moves
27 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
How would you characterize the message of Richard Dawkins and all the various atheist authors of books and publications, some of which are quoted in this thread, promoting atheism and denouncing belief in a creator God?

Are they not engaged in the act of producing a "persuasive message" of their own in support of atheism?
This thread isn't about whether someone who's an atheist is out there wanting to promote a message and hoping that people will be persuaded by it. This thread is about the idea that the term "atheism" refers to some kind of monolithic or cohesive group that promotes any given or specific message ~ when, in fact, "atheists" are a diverse group of people with diverse ideologies and concerns who simply do not subscribe to the various supposedly "persuasive messages" propagated by religionists..

F

Moves
27 May 18

The fact that there are people actively involved in "denouncing belief in a creator God" doesn't mean that "denouncing belief in a creator God" is the "message" of atheism. If "denouncing belief in a creator God" were the "message" of atheism, then that would make RHP posters like me way off-message.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 May 18

This thread isn't about whether someone who's an atheist is out there wanting to promote a message and hoping that people will be persuaded by it. This thread is about the idea that the term "atheism" refers to some kind of monolithic or cohesive group that promotes any given or specific message ~ when, in fact, "atheists" are a diverse group of people with div ...[text shortened]... ly do not subscribe to the various supposedly "persuasive messages" propagated by religionists..
Are you saying Dawkins and other vocal atheists don't promote a "message" in regards to the tenets of atheism to persuade the public that there is no God? That they are not a "monolithic" and "cohesive group" of atheists promoting on a global scale a belief system that not only denies the existence of God, but denounces both the God of the Bible and those who have faith in Jesus Christ?

The fact that atheists are diverse and don't "subscribe" to the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ doesn't mean they don't have an agenda to propagate their own message of atheism. They do, and it's monolithic and cohesive with a ideological message whose central tenet is "there is no God".

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 May 18

The fact that there are people actively involved in "denouncing belief in a creator God" doesn't mean that "denouncing belief in a creator God" is the "message" of atheism. If "denouncing belief in a creator God" were the "message" of atheism, then that would make RHP posters like me way off-message.
You're not "way off-message" FMF. You're smack in the middle of it.

Your message is there is no message from God to mankind.

F

Moves
27 May 18

Are you saying Dawkins and other vocal atheists don't promote a "message" in regards to the tenets of atheism to persuade the public that there is no God?
An atheist can propagate a "message" if he or she wants. That's not in dispute.

F

Moves
27 May 18

Your message is there is no message from God to mankind.
I don't think you have got any credible information about a god or gods for me.

F

Moves
27 May 18
1 edit

The fact that atheists are diverse and don't "subscribe" to the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ doesn't mean they don't have an agenda to propagate their own message of atheism. They do, and it's monolithic and cohesive with a ideological message whose central tenet is "there is no God".
[Atheists] do, and it's monolithic and cohesive with a ideological message whose central tenet is "there is no God".

I have never - not even once - never in all the countless thousands of posts I've contributed here over a decade or so of being active in this community - not once have I ever claimed: "there is no God". So, I think you're just getting me mixed up with someone else.