Atheism doesn't have a persuasive message...

Atheism doesn't have a persuasive message...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @secondson
That they are not a "monolithic" and "cohesive group" of atheists promoting on a global scale a belief system that not only denies the existence of God, but denounces both the God of the Bible and those who have faith in Jesus Christ?
I have never denounced the God of the Bible and I've never denounced "those who have faith in Jesus Christ". You are saying things that are quite simply untrue. You've confused me with another poster I think.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
An atheist can propagate a "message" if he or she wants. That's not in dispute.
Why are you saying, "that's not in dispute"?

I didn't dispute whether he or she can propagate what they want. You're going to start mischaracterizing my posts now right? I'm not going to waste my time with it.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 May 18

I don't think you have got any credible information about a god or gods for me.
That's right, I don't.

God does.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 May 18

[b][Atheists] do, and it's monolithic and cohesive with a ideological message whose central tenet is "there is no God".

I have never - not even once - never in all the countless thousands of posts I've contributed here over a decade or so of being active in this community - not once have I ever claimed: "there is no God". So, I think you're just getting me mixed up with someone else.[/b]
Not in so many words did you say "there is no God", but now you're just being ridiculous. You did say you're an atheist. What more is there for you to say?

F

Moves
27 May 18

Not in so many words did you say "there is no God", but now you're just being ridiculous. You did say you're an atheist. What more is there for you to say?
I have never claimed "there is no God". Nor have I ever thought it. You are mistaken.

F

Moves
27 May 18

Why are you saying, "that's not in dispute"?

I didn't dispute whether he or she can propagate what they want. You're going to start mischaracterizing my posts now right? I'm not going to waste my time with it.
"Atheism" does not in carry a "message". It is a lack of belief. It is not being a theist. The fact that some atheists - like Dawkins for example - try to persuade theists with their messages is not in dispute.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 May 18

I have never denounced the God of the Bible and I've never denounced "those who have faith in Jesus Christ". You are saying things that are quite simply untrue. You've confused me with another poster I think.
I think you're confused. Not once in the posts I made about your OP did I say "you" about anything.

You're playing word games now. I refuted your posts and buried you in your own words and now you're going to try to make this about you.

You have an agenda to undermine the Christian faith like any other atheist the world over in all times and places. Be honest and admit it.

F

Moves
27 May 18

I think you're confused. Not once in the posts I made about your OP did I say "you" about anything.
You asserted that atheists "denounce both the God of the Bible and those who have faith in Jesus Christ". I don't do these things and yet I am an atheist.

F

Moves
27 May 18
1 edit

You have an agenda to undermine the Christian faith like any other atheist the world over in all times and places. Be honest and admit it.
I share my perspectives like anyone else does. This is not a 'Christian website'. How brittle your faith is or the degree to which it can be "undermined" by reading posts by people who believe different things from you, is a matter for, not for me.

F

Moves
27 May 18

You're playing word games now. I refuted your posts and buried you in your own words and now you're going to try to make this about you.
What "word games"?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 May 18

"Atheism" does not in carry a "message". It is a lack of belief. It is not being a theist. The fact that some atheists - like Dawkins for example - try to persuade theists with their messages is not in dispute.
What utter nonsense.

You do have a message like Dawkins, which is to promote atheism. You're trying to tell me there's no message, but that's obtuse.

Your message is there is no God and to contradict the message of God and of His message of grace and truth.

Everything you and Dawkins say is a message against God and Christ.

Stop deluding yourself.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 May 18

What "word games"?
The game of words you say promoting your message of atheism.

F

Moves
27 May 18

You do have a message like Dawkins, which is to promote atheism. You're trying to tell me there's no message, but that's obtuse.
That's his choice. He has an ideology that motivates him to claim that there is no god or gods. But he doesn't represent "atheism".

F

Moves
27 May 18

Your message is there is no God and to contradict the message of God and of His message of grace and truth.
You are mistaken. I do not claim "there is no God". Never have. You are thinking of some other poster perhaps.

F

Moves
27 May 18

Everything you and Dawkins say is a message against God and Christ.
Well, neither Dawkins or I are Christians, if that's what you mean.