1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 15:40
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    You apparently don't understand remedial concepts such as "If A is true, then B."
    If Atheist A "praises God" for something, then Atheist A is not an atheist.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 15:45
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If Atheist A "praises God" for something, then Atheist A is not an atheist.
    And IF the premise I gave is true, the atheist would no longer be an atheist. Agreed.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:13
    And IF the premise I gave is true, the atheist would no longer be an atheist. Agreed.
    You think that atheists who believe we all simply die should start believing in supernatural things ~ and "praise God" ~ if they realize that there are theists with annihilationist opinions who also think that atheists will simply die? Gosh. Who on earth have these atheists been to whom you've been talking for "2 decades"?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:18
    Why do atheists complain more than Christians?
    They dont.
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:18
    You think that atheists who believe we all simply die should start believing in supernatural things ~ and "praise God" ~ if they realize that there are theists with annihilationist opinions who also think that atheists will simply die? Gosh. Who on earth have these atheists been to whom you've been talking for "2 decades"?
    I never made that claim. Your severe deficiency in reading comprehension and communications skills results in a lot of unsubstantive back and forth and often ends up derailing the thread.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:27
    I never made that claim. Your severe deficiency in reading comprehension and communications skills results in a lot of unsubstantive back and forth and often ends up derailing the thread.
    The problem is with your silly OP and not with my capacity to discuss stuff with you.
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:30
    No the problem is with you making up straw man arguments and intentionally derailing the thread and reducing it to a personal tit-for-tat. Like you do all the threads created by people you don't like. You seem utterly and completely incapable of carrying on reasonable discussion. It's no wonder you stay holed up here. You wouldn't last 2 seconds in a real discussion in the real world.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:361 edit
    No the problem is with you making up straw man arguments and intentionally derailing the thread and reducing it to a personal tit-for-tat. Like you do all the threads created by people you don't like. You seem utterly and completely incapable of carrying on reasonable discussion. It's no wonder you stay holed up here. You wouldn't last 2 seconds in a real discussion in the real world.
    There has been no straw man argument. You don't seem to understand atheists. They aren't superstitious and they know they are going to die. Annihilationist theists have nothing to offer except superstition. Your OP is silly.
  9. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:40
    Since you've already lost track of your false claim, I'll go ahead and repeat it to you:

You said: "You think that atheists who believe we all simply die should start believing in supernatural things ~ and "praise God" ~ if they realize that there are theists with annihilationist opinions who also think that atheists will simply die"

I never said anything remotely close to that. And here we go again with your "OP is silly" nonsense because you can't even understand the OP.

Take the last word. I'm not playing your stupid game. It's painful enough watching everyone else participate in it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:451 edit
    Since you've already lost track of your false claim, I'll go ahead and repeat it to you:

You said: "You think that atheists who believe we all simply die should start believing in supernatural things ~ and "praise God" ~ if they realize that there are theists with annihilationist opinions who also think that atheists will simply die"
    Start a thread with abject nonsense about atheists ~ people about whom you seem to have zero understanding ~ and you should expect to have the fact that it's abject nonsense pointed out to you.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 18:203 edits
    Don't be so silly. Atheists cannot "praise" gods.
    You are 100% unthankful to God for any conceivable matter.

I got it.

"No thanks to God for A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G is remotely possible. "

You REFUSE to entertain the possibility that God could be thanked for ANY good fortune you enjoy.

No thanks.
    Certainly NO Praise.
    No gratitude for any conceivable good fortune you enjoy.

God has NEVER blessed you.
    God has NEVER helped you.
    God is not due even an ounce of any possible human gratitude.
    God is not worthy of ANY expression of praise or exaltation or well speaking in any way.

The next post is not for you FMF.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 18:223 edits
    What I am about to write FMF, you need not comment on because its for others reading along.

Not being able to turn around and THANK God for ANYTHING in life or in creation is a dreadfully dark place for the human heart to be.

In Romans 1:18-21 Paul traces the decline of the human race from its creation and some of the reasons for it.

"Because that which is known of God is manifest within them, for God manifested it to them.

For the invisible things of Him, both His eternal power and divine characteristic, have been seen since the creation of the world, being perceived by the things made, so that they would be without excuse,

Because though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God OR THANK HIM, but became vain in their reasonings and their heart, lacking understanding, was darkened ... "
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 18:30
    Originally posted by @sonship
    What I am about to write you need not comment on because its for others reading along.

Not being able to turn around and THANK God for ANYTHING in life or in creation is a dreadfully dark place for the human heart to be.

In [b] Romans 1:18-21
    Paul traces the decline of the human race from its creation and some of the reasons for it.

[quote ...[text shortened]... ain in their reasonings and their heart, lacking understanding, was darkened ... " [/b] [/quote][/b]
    Well said brother. I was pointing out the paradoxical truth when it comes to atheism. Either the atheist is right and our personal existence completely ends when we die a physical death--or--God is real and atheists (annihilation doctrine) will still utterly cease to exist some time after death. If the latter is the case, the atheist turned believer--knowing then that God exists--should thank Him for answering their wish not to be associated with Him in the afterlife. Of course, this wouldn't apply to some atheist out there that doesn't believe in God but definitely WANTS to spend eternity with Him should He exist. Though I've never met such an atheist and don't believe I ever will.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 18:451 edit
    Well said brother. I was pointing out the paradoxical truth when it comes to atheism. Either the atheist is right and our personal existence completely ends when we die a physical death--or--God is real and atheists (annihilation doctrine) will still utterly cease to exist some time after death. If the latter is the case, the atheist turned bel ...[text shortened]... with Him should He exist. Though I've never met such an atheist and don't believe I ever will.
    Its my present opinion that rejection of God Who has provided so much, even maintaining the next beat of our heart, not to speak of His salvation, can only end in a profound self hatred.

Whether annhilation or a conscious existence forever apart from God I think that rendevous with reality will come when a man who rejects God thinks -

"What have I done to myself ??"

In this regard damnation is probably the ultimate escape from the light and truth of reality of God's everlasting love.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree