1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:15
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    You are so utterly and completely clueless as to the point I made about atheists and annihilation, I'm literally embarrassed for you. I'm sure I'm not the first to point it out (or maybe others dared not stir you into trolling them even more), but it's blatantly obvious. You are simply too shallow to grasp what most of us are talking about, but for whatever reason (loneliness? no friends on facebook?) you hang out in this forum and do your best to participate anyway. It would be admirable that you give it the ol' college try but all you can ever muster up is irrelevant, unrelated garbage and baseless attacks. Just engaging you in conversation is nauseating. You literally have nothing of interest or relevance to say. Ever.

Discussion of the topic ~ annihilation - atheists having "praise" for "God" ~ would be more interesting than these personal remarks.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:32
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    People don't survive death, your soul either reincarnates (blanks memory) or goes to 'heaven' depending on how you've lived your life.
    First you say people don't survive death, and then you start talking about the soul.

So which is it? The soul IS the person, minus the physical shell, and it DOES survive physical death. Physical death is only the death of the physical shell. The soul (which IS everything else about the person) is only destroyed after Judgement, if it is found wanting. "And this is the second death."

The standard disclaimer applies. This is merely my belief, do not try this at home, etc., etc.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:351 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    No it doesn’t, it’s still murder but without the torture.
    So what would you call your belief of the afterlife?

"Free-ride-ism"? Everyone's in? Nobody gets punished for unrepentant sinning? Do the unrepentant sinners just get a 'mind-adjustment' instead?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:44
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    "Free-ride-ism"? Everyone's in? Nobody gets punished for unrepentant sinning? Do the unrepentant sinners just get a 'mind-adjustment' instead?
    Do you believe non-celibate Christian homosexuals who are "unrepentant" for their "sinning" can be "saved"?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 06:19
    "Murder" in your eyes or not, the point I was making is the irony. Annihilation and atheism's "cease to exist" ideals are essentially the same. I saw irony in the realization that a Christian doctrine and an atheist belief have something major in common. The total ceasing of one's existence.
    But they aren’t the same.

I you die and at that point cease to exist then you have no knowledge of the afterlife. Being resurrected, standing before god beimg judged and found unworthy and then cast into a lake of fire to be annihilated...that is hardly the same thing.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 06:22

I’m of the mindset that says no one will be cast into lakes of burning sulphur.

I’m not sure what you are on about but I hope that helps clarify.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 06:261 edit
    The difference is, the atheists I've been talking to for 20 years tend to get it.
    What is it that they “get”, that dying, being woken up and then being cast into a lake of burning sulphur is the same thing as dying and not waking up and not being cast into a lake of burning sulphur?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 06:28

Do you believe, as Tom seems to...that being thrown into a lake of burning sulphur is morally and practically the same thing as not being thrown into a lake of burning sulphur.

Will this be another thread you don’t come back to...
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 06:37
    I am convinced. You are just barely smart enough to occasionally string a fairly cogent sentence together, but otherwise dumb as a rock. To cover it up, you spend your time parsing mostly irrelevant words, causing confusion, and trolling with personal attacks. In the time I have spent here, I have never, EVER seen you post a single comment in t ...[text shortened]... n obnoxious troll trying to annoy Christians into submission in hopes that they leave the forum.
    Haha
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 14:11
    First you say people don't survive death, and then you start talking about the soul.

So which is it? The soul IS the person, minus the physical shell, and it DOES survive physical death. Physical death is only the death of the physical shell. The soul (which IS everything else about the person) is only destroyed after Judgement, if it is found wantin ...[text shortened]...
    The standard disclaimer applies. This is merely my belief, do not try this at home, etc., etc.
    We are not physical . Very simple.

Feel free to keep disregarding my comments just don't be surprised when you get there.
    I know , its hard to be sure of anything when you champion a false doctrine
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 23:41
    I’m of the mindset that says no one will be cast into lakes of burning sulphur.

I’m not sure what you are on about but I hope that helps clarify.
    Or you could just answer the question.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 23:44
    Haha
    Your behavior on these forums is funny to you?

Maybe you should ask any of the people you drove off these forums if THEY think it's funny.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 23:46
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    We are not physical . Very simple.

Feel free to keep disregarding my comments just don't be surprised when you get there.
    I know , its hard to be sure of anything when you champion a false doctrine
    Funny, I was thinking the same about you.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 23:47
    Do you believe, as Tom seems to...that being thrown into a lake of burning sulphur is morally and practically the same thing as not being thrown into a lake of burning sulphur.

Will this be another thread you don’t come back to...
    OR you could just answer the question.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 09:58
    Funny, I was thinking the same about you.
    Honest question:Have you ever made the mistake of thinking there was no one smarter than you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree