Atheists Get What They Expect?

Atheists Get What They Expect?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Jul 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
You apparently don't understand remedial concepts such as "If A is true, then B."
wtf is a "remedial concept"? Wasn't on my Logic course.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Jul 18

Well said brother. I was pointing out the paradoxical truth when it comes to atheism. Either the atheist is right and our personal existence completely ends when we die a physical death--or--God is real and atheists (annihilation doctrine) will still utterly cease to exist some time after death. If the latter is the case, the atheist turned bel ...[text shortened]... with Him should He exist. Though I've never met such an atheist and don't believe I ever will.
If atheists are wrong and a deity or deities exist,
and if somehow people survive death.

Who knows what said deity or deities may do?

He/she/it may well decide to torture all Christians for eternity.
Or all non-Muslims.
Or all non-Jews.
Or maybe just JWs?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
16 Jul 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
and [b]if
somehow people survive death.

Or all non-Muslims.
Or all non-Jews.
Or maybe just JWs?[/b]
Good questions but I was being specific to the Christian doctrine of annihilation. There has been a lot of chatter around here about eternal torture being immoral. Annihilation in lieu of eternal torture removes any reason for an atheist to complain, regardless of who is right or wrong.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Jul 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
and [b]if
somehow people survive death.

Or all non-Muslims.
Or all non-Jews.
Or maybe just JWs?[/b]
People don't survive death, your soul either reincarnates (blanks memory) or goes to 'heaven' depending on how you've lived your life.

F

Moves
17 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
What I am about to write FMF, you need not comment on because its for others reading along.

Not being able to turn around and THANK God for ANYTHING in life or in creation is a dreadfully dark place for the human heart to be.
I don't view you as having any information for me about "God" or the degree of illumination in my "heart", sonship. You do have some information about ancient Hebrew mythology and about what adherents to one of the world's biggest retail religions imagine, believe and hope. Thanks for this information you bring to the forum.

F

Moves
17 Jul 18

Well said brother. I was pointing out the paradoxical truth when it comes to atheism. Either the atheist is right and our personal existence completely ends when we die a physical death--or--God is real and atheists (annihilation doctrine) will still utterly cease to exist some time after death. If the latter is the case, the atheist turned bel ...[text shortened]... xists--should thank Him for answering their wish not to be associated with Him in the afterlife.
This is utter nonsense. The "annihilation doctrine" = 'atheists die and cease to exist' while believers are rewarded with 'immortality' for thinking certain things about divine beings are true. The "annihilation doctrine" that some theists happen to propagate offers nothing to atheists and does nothing to affect their lack of belief and lack of superstition (i.e. belief in supernatural causality).

F

Moves
17 Jul 18

Annihilation in lieu of eternal torture removes any reason for an atheist to complain, regardless of who is right or wrong.
"Reason to complain"? Good grief. Look. What atheists have in common is a lack of belief in there being a god or gods doing this annihilating that you're on about. You really do sound like you have never talked to atheists.

F

Moves
17 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
You are 100% unthankful to God for any conceivable matter.

I got it.

"No thanks to God for A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G is remotely possible. "

You REFUSE to entertain the possibility that God could be thanked for ANY good fortune you enjoy.

No thanks.
Certainly NO Praise.
No gratitude for any conceivable good fortune you enjoy.

God has NEVER blessed you.
God has NEVER helped you.
God is not due even an ounce of any possible human gratitude.
God is not worthy of ANY expression of praise or exaltation or well speaking in any way.

What "God"? The god figure you worship, you mean? I am an agnostic atheist, sonship.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
17 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
"Reason to complain"? Good grief. Look. What atheists have in common is a lack of belief in there being a god or gods doing this annihilating that you're on about. You really do sound like you have never talked to atheists.
The difference is, the atheists I've been talking to for 20 years tend to get it. You don't get it. Not sure why you even bothered to participate in the discussion, except to inject the usual condescension and confusion.

F

Moves
17 Jul 18

The difference is, the atheists I've been talking to for 20 years tend to get it. You don't get it. Not sure why you even bothered to participate in the discussion, except to inject the usual condescension and confusion.
They told you they "Get it'? Perhaps these people you've been 'talking to for 20 years' were taking the piss out of you?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
18 Jul 18

They told you they "Get it'? Perhaps these people you've been 'talking to for 20 years' were taking the piss out of you?
I am convinced. You are just barely smart enough to occasionally string a fairly cogent sentence together, but otherwise dumb as a rock. To cover it up, you spend your time parsing mostly irrelevant words, causing confusion, and trolling with personal attacks. In the time I have spent here, I have never, EVER seen you post a single comment in the SF that has a shred of relevance to spiritual matters. It's as if you exist for no other reason than as a clapping seal for unChristian haters, and as an obnoxious troll trying to annoy Christians into submission in hopes that they leave the forum.

F

Moves
18 Jul 18
1 edit

To cover it up, you spend your time parsing mostly irrelevant words, causing confusion, and trolling with personal attacks.
On the contrary, my take on your OP goes to the very heart of the nonsense of what you are saying about atheists and about annihilationism. These personal remarks of yours aimed at me do nothing to disguise this.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
18 Jul 18

On the contrary, my take on your OP goes to the very heart of the nonsense of what you are saying about atheists and about annihilationism. These personal remarks of yours aimed at me do nothing to disguise this.
You are so utterly and completely clueless as to the point I made about atheists and annihilation, I'm literally embarrassed for you. I'm sure I'm not the first to point it out (or maybe others dared not stir you into trolling them even more), but it's blatantly obvious. You are simply too shallow to grasp what most of us are talking about, but for whatever reason (loneliness? no friends on facebook?) you hang out in this forum and do your best to participate anyway. It would be admirable that you give it the ol' college try but all you can ever muster up is irrelevant, unrelated garbage and baseless attacks.

Just engaging you in conversation is nauseating. You literally have nothing of interest or relevance to say. Ever.

Moves
18 Jul 18
1 edit

Annihilation in lieu of eternal torture removes any reason for an atheist to complain, regardless of who is right or wrong.
No it doesn’t, it’s still murder but without the torture.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
18 Jul 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
No it doesn’t, it’s still murder but without the torture.
"Murder" in your eyes or not, the point I was making is the irony. Annihilation and atheism's "cease to exist" ideals are essentially the same. I saw irony in the realization that a Christian doctrine and an atheist belief have something major in common. The total ceasing of one's existence.