1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 21:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    Then that means there is no truth if all anyone knows is a lie.

Or something like that. 😉
    Thus he recovers the so called "universe is a paradox" :]
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 22:23
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Thus he recovers the so called "universe is a paradox" :]
    An endless cycle of know-nothingness.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 23:07
    Everything you think you know to be true is a lie.

How's that?
    Thats right. I "think" things are true, but really I know they're just constructs to help me navigate around.

Did I mention the title of one of my fave boooks "Nothing in this Book is True, its just how things are".

Try again? (You'll have to be a bit more specific, like "reincarnation" is bollocks, or something)
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 23:12
    An endless cycle of know-nothingness.
    You missed your calling as a guru, (or maybe you didn't), but that mumbo-jumbo, that you have no idea what means, is actually pretty neat.
    "Know-nothingness"...indeed.
    If you look at "nothing" as being "something" then that statement is actually kinda nurturing. Because you can't have absolutely nothing, right?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 23:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thats right. I "think" things are true, but really I know they're just constructs to help me navigate around.

Did I mention the title of one of my fave boooks "Nothing in this Book is True, its just how things are".

Try again? (You'll have to be a bit more specific, like "reincarnation" is bollocks, or something)
    As long as you think nothing is true, then for you nothing is true.

But just because you think nothing is true doesn't mean nothing is true, even for you.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 23:17
    You missed your calling as a guru, (or maybe you didn't), but that mumbo-jumbo, that you have no idea what means, is actually pretty neat.
    "Know-nothingness"...indeed.
    If you look at "nothing" as being "something" then that statement is actually kinda nurturing. Because you can't have absolutely nothing, right?
    A half truth is a whole lie.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 04:12

But just because you think nothing is true doesn't mean nothing is true, even for you.
    Yes I agree with this think about it for a minute. people want to believe in nothing is true or anything is true. Follow this to it's logically conclusion. OK I believe I can walk out in front of a train and not die!! No way!!! Or I can defy gravity by jumping off a building!! No way!! Some truths are truths no matter what people want to think. It's called denial!! I think this holds true in spiritual matters too. All religions can't all be true. One has a son right the other one a god but no son. Another no god at all. Others myriads of gods. The key should be to find truth or which one is the truth.

Manny
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 09:27

The most positive thing I could say about so-called "truth" is that it is relative.
    Like you say "As long as you think nothing is true , then nothing is true for you".
    I like that . The title of another book possibly? What will the content consist of?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 09:32
    Originally posted by menace71
    Yes I agree with this think about it for a minute. people want to believe in nothing is true or anything is true. Follow this to it's logically conclusion. OK I believe I can walk out in front of a train and not die!! No way!!! Or I can defy gravity by jumping off a building!! No way!! Some truths are truths no matter what people want to think. It's called ...[text shortened]... Others myriads of gods. The key should be to find truth or which one is the truth.

Manny
    As always Manny, your posts are not wasted or irrelevant.

My take on this God-thing in terms of numbers is this: God is one, is all that is percieved and all that isn't.
    Now once you get to that understanding, the next realization (logically) should be that God is not one but zero.
    Sound silly? I think it does, but hey, so does a lot of stuff that christians believe in...
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 09:36
    A half truth is a whole lie.
    Thats a great quote, but where to next?
    Are you trying to imply that because I dont believe in absolute (written) truths that whatever I think may be a bit true is actually a "whole lie" ?
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 14:10
    As always Manny, your posts are not wasted or irrelevant.

My take on this God-thing in terms of numbers is this: God is one, is all that is percieved and all that isn't.
    Now once you get to that understanding, the next realization (logically) should be that God is not one but zero.
    Sound silly? I think it does, but hey, so does a lot of stuff that christians believe in...
    Thanks 😉

Hey seriously though how can "Truth" in any sense be relative? Somethings just are and somethings just are not.

PS: You did say attack you!! Whaaaaah Tahaaaaaaa !!!! Bruce Lee's favorite drink.

Manny
  12. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 19:03
    Originally posted by menace71
    Hey seriously though how can "Truth" in any sense be relative? Somethings just are and somethings just are not.
    For things to be true, there must be certain conditions in order to consider it to be true e.g. references of comparisons, the contexts of the scenario etc. Even if we were to consider the existence of something- surely the existence of something must be true? Well what is there to interpret its existence? It's existence is reliant upon observation, a source which deduces and analyzes it, or simply reacts to something. So already, existence is bound by the necessity of other things. Relative, because it relies on the qualities of other things to have its own "unique" qualities.

We are all painting on a blank portrait, each contributing their part and affecting the whole
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 19:59
    Yes, I can see where you are going with it. I'm not going to answer your specific questions, but, if you like, you could attack why this type of scenario is not spiritual.
    Let me just add: we are both drinking, the book IS spiritual (Bhagavad Gita), and we are both getting amazing insights from her reading it to me. We are on such a natural high from t ...[text shortened]... d you say is "Krsna" . Why is that so, given the content of the majority of your posts?
    God has unlimited names....... Krishna means "All attractive", then theres Bhagavan which means"One who possesses all opulence", then there is Allah which means "Great" and so on....but I dont mention Krishna or any other particular name because there are some posters here that will attack me because of the name that I present (or put forward).... So I mention different names, and most often just God or Lord.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 23:58
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    God has unlimited names....... Krishna means "All attractive", then theres Bhagavan which means"One who possesses all opulence", then there is Allah which means "Great" and so on....but I dont mention Krishna or any other particular name because there are some posters here that will attack me because of the name that I present (or put forward).... So I mention different names, and most often just God or Lord.
    Dude, they're attacking you already.
    I would like to know about this blue dude. Not his name.

I presime he was a real blue dude, but I may be being a bit naive here.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 04:101 edit
    Dude, they're attacking you already.
    I would like to know about this blue dude. Not his name.

I presime he was a real blue dude, but I may be being a bit naive here.
    The atheists in this forum have only one approach, and that is to deny and attack everything that supports the reality of God, anyway if I start putting out a particular name, they will start to attack that, and goggle everything about that name, to try and find something to argue about.

You ask about Krishna.......well Bhagavad Gita says,..... and it is spoken by Krishna: Cht 18- Vs 65

" Always think of Me, become my devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend"

Krishna has unlimited forms, and his form as Krishna,(blue) is the form he exhibits in Goloka Vrndavan in the spiritual world.

The Lord exhibits different colors when he incarnates in each Yuga.......white in Satya Yuga, red in Treat Yuga, blackish in Dvapara Yuga, and golden in Kali Yuga.

All Glories to Lord Vishnu....the Lord within the heart.

Where do I start to explain Lord Krishna.......I could cut and paste 100 pages about that, so you need to be specific with your question please.,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree