Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Jan 23
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Yes, you are talking about me with your friend instead of addressing the topic, I get
it, it is almost all you ever do.
I’m happy to address any topic which you wish to discuss. Unlike you I don’t dodge questions. Never.

The topic in your OP has already been discussed recently, by yourself, as FMF has pointed out.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jan 23

@divegeester said
I’m happy to address any topic which you wish to discuss. Unlike you I don’t dodge questions. Never.

The topic in your OP has already been discussed recently, by yourself, as FMF has pointed out.
How about the one you are currently in?

Moves
06 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
How about the one you are currently in?
Yes I made a comment on page one.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jan 23

@divegeester said
Yes I made a comment on page one.
off topic

Moves
06 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
off topic
You asked for “thoughts”, that was my thoughts of one of the attributes of God, it was wasn’t “off topic” in the slightest. In fact it was spot on topic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jan 23

@divegeester said
You asked for “thoughts”, that was my thoughts of one of the attributes of God, it was wasn’t “off topic” in the slightest. In fact it was spot on topic.
Okay If you say so

F

Moves
06 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
Okay If you say so
The point being, one of "God's attributes" is arguably that he is able "to write his laws on our hearts". Why you are going to such lengths to sidestep this is baffling.

Moves
06 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
Okay If you say so
I do say so, I just did.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
He is God, and showing Himself as God to people made in His image for His reasons
is well within His power and right to do. Why do you do the things you do?
It's okay if you don't know the reason God hardened the Pharaoh's heart, resulting in untold suffering. I'm not even sure your accurately processed the question.

c

Moves
06 Jan 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's okay if you don't know the reason God hardened the Pharaoh's heart, resulting in untold suffering. I'm not even sure your accurately processed the question.
The Exodus story, while good reading for people who believe in God, is the most unjust story for the countless Egyptians who suffered, and knew nothing about the conflict between Moses and Pharaoh.

Why can't people understand this?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Jan 23
1 edit

@chaney3 said
The Exodus story, while good reading for people who believe in God, is the most unjust story for the countless Egyptians who suffered, and knew nothing about the conflict between Moses and Pharaoh.

Christians often talk about human free will and how we get to choose and take responsibility for our actions. But where was the pharaoh's free will when God hardened his heart, leading him to ignore the warning delivered by Moses and to the suffering of the Egyptians?

Kelly won't answer this question directly and will obfuscate around it.

c

Moves
06 Jan 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Christians often talk about human free will and how we get to choose and take responsibility for our actions. But where was the pharaoh's free will when God hardened his heart, leading him to ignore the warning delivered by Moses and to the suffering of the Egyptians?

Kelly won't answer this question directly and will obfuscate around it.
Agreed.
I am certain that Pharaoh would have let the people go, right from the beginning, but his "choice" was taken away from him.

KellyJay ignores a lot of things, as do many believers.

The "God" of the Old Testament shows worse character flaws than that of humans.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Jan 23

@chaney3 said
Agreed.
I am certain that Pharaoh would have let the people go, right from the beginning, but his "choice" was taken away from him.

KellyJay ignores a lot of things, as do many believers.

The "God" of the Old Testament shows worse character flaws than that of humans.
And yet is the God described in the OP as just and righteous.

c

Moves
06 Jan 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
And yet is the God described in the OP as just and righteous.
Let's not forget that God demanded everyone in the "Promised Land" should be killed. Men, women and children.

Far cry from the forgiveness that Jesus would preach about.

Jesus is the better version of God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jan 23

@chaney3 said

As the leadership goes in any country so goes the country. Throughout all of scripture you will see those in charge can either get their nations blessed or cursed. God honors authority from the nation to the home.