Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
God is good, righteous, just, holy, all-powerful, all-knowing, timeless without beginning or end, and unchanging.

We were made in His image, thoughts?
Consider this when a teacher gives a test and collects all of the students test answers, then will match the answers given by the students, and compare them to the answer key and give a grade.

If we miss the source of all truth and we conduct our opinions and order our lives missing the answer key for all truth our lives can only be less than. Getting the correct answers about God will alter all questions about anything as view them, and missing Him, or not correctly understanding the nature of God, will also color all things in a incorrect manner.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Jan 23
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Consider this when a teacher gives a test and collects all of the students test answers, then will match the answers given by the students, and compare them to the answer key and give a grade.

If we miss the source of all truth and we conduct our opinions and order our lives missing the answer key for all truth our lives can only be less than. Getting the correct answers ...[text shortened]... or not correctly understanding the nature of God, will also color all things in a incorrect manner.
What if that teacher is Vishnu?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What if that teacher is Vishnu?
The point is getting a correct understanding of God, regardless of what we call ourselves if we miss the truth of God we miss the ability to correctly identify God.

Knowing the truth about God would dispel all wrong ideas and opinions, as well as everything else.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
The point is getting a correct understanding of God, regardless of what we call ourselves if we miss the truth of God we miss the ability to correctly identify God.

Knowing the truth about God would dispel all wrong ideas and opinions, as well as everything else.
Exactly. What if 'your' understanding is incorrect?

Moves
09 Jan 23
1 edit

@fmf said
In what way do you think he's lying? Why won't you say? Why won't you talk about the topic - why are you just making personal remarks?
Kellyjay doesn’t make personal remarks and regularly complains about people who do so.

Oh… wait a minute!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Exactly. What if 'your' understanding is incorrect?
That is the point of the question. If our views on God are wrong, it isn't just our thoughts about Him as a Being that are now wrong, but all that God has done, is doing, and will do will also get warped. It's an open question that applies to all, myself included.

Moves
09 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
That is the point of the question. If our views on God are wrong, it isn't just our thoughts about Him as a Being that are now wrong, but all that God has done, is doing, and will do will also get warped. It's an open question that applies to all, myself included.
Agreed.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 23

@divegeester said
Agreed.
HEY what are you doing agreeing with me!? 😊 what is that 4 times in how many years?

Moves
10 Jan 23
1 edit

@kellyjay said
HEY what are you doing agreeing with me!? 😊 what is that 4 times in how many years?
Your post is the reason we must remain open minded.

F

Moves
10 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
We can but speculate - and share our personal perspectives - about supernatural things.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 23

@divegeester said
Your post is the reason we must remain open minded.
That too is a good reply, question, where is the answer found for this, inside of us
only or not? If not where do we look? Do you take the stance that we cannot know
for sure no matter what, which is a wide-reaching claim just as definitive as saying
this is where we can go to know?

F

Moves
10 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
That too is a good reply, question, where is the answer found for this, inside of us
only or not? If not where do we look? Do you take the stance that we cannot know
for sure no matter what, which is a wide-reaching claim just as definitive as saying
this is where we can go to know?
Do you take the stance that we cannot know for sure

If one "knows for sure", what becomes of "faith"? Surely, talk of knowing for sure is a kind of hyperbole that actually just means that one's "faith" is very, very, very strong.

Moves
10 Jan 23
1 edit

@kellyjay said
only or not?
It’s not a question; my post was a statement about remaining open minded.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 23

@divegeester said
It’s not a question; my post was a statement about remaining open minded.
I said that was a good reply, I asked the question.

Moves
10 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
I said that was a good reply, I asked the question.
There’s 3 question marks in that post, which one would you like me to answer?