1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 22:13
    Originally posted by vivify
    You know what, maybe I should just drop the theist vs. non-theist contest altogether. I thought it would be kind of a fun competition, but there's not enough people (on either side) who agreed to this.
    I'm going to do it if there is a group joining me or not.
    I do think it will be harder than I first thought, but I'm going to try to watch what I say to
    others and keep it clean.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 00:151 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 01:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He's doing it because he ended up with his pants down on the Internet in a thread about a year ago.
    You say this because what you're talking about was merely him disagreeing with you.

Disagreement doesn't equal "pants down".
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 06:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You say this because what you're talking about was merely him disagreeing with you.

Disagreement doesn't equal "pants down".
    Sure. You seen the shlt I get here from my fellow Christians. I never ignore anyone. It's the hight of forum rudeness and completely childish.

I can't remember what it was now but it was definitely a "pants down" situation. Something to do with blood transfusions and the state intervening to save a JW child I think.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 06:59
    Originally posted by vivify
    It's all in KellyJay's motive.
    Well then I think you'll have to give up on the whole plan as it is remarkably difficult to discern motive from posts on the internet, and even harder to discern it from the absence of posts. One of my key objections when the idea was first brought up is that rudeness isn't about how many rude words you use, but rather how and why words are used - or not used. To me, the rudest person on the forum is Grampy who as far as I recall has never used a swear word. Now I really don't know for sure whether his rudeness is deliberate or he is merely a poor communicator but he comes across as rude to me.
    I am calling out Kelly on his practice of shunning because I find that rude too. In addition, the reason he stated for shunning me was that I apparently lied about his position. But he refused to state what I lied about or even which post was the offending post. I generally take offence at people who accuse me of lying but refuse to explain what I lied about.

In summary, you can certainly decide to try and be civil yourself, but you will be unable to judge whether anyone else is trying to be civil.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 07:18
    I was for this idea at the start. And after having heard criticisms of this idea I'm still in
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 12:15
    August starts tomorrow. Good luck.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 15:53
    The best way for everyone to get along is to all do a "KellyJay" and ignore everyone else.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 16:43
    The best way for everyone to get along is to all do a "KellyJay" and ignore everyone else.
    It's physically impossible to ignore a ghost.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 22:101 edit
    F-You Dive!!! Lol, lol, lol. C'mon, I had to squeeze that in there while I still had a chance. 🙂

Edit: You only have about an hour and a half to reply, then.....lol, lol, lol....you have to be nice. Talk to ya soon a-hole. Lol, lol.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 23:13
    Maybe we could all sit around in a circle holding hands and sing "Kum-bai-yah". Would that work? 🙂
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 00:031 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 01:22
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That could be used as evidence that the rapist that does not cut the tongues out and hands off is actually be humane.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 05:221 edit
    Unlikely as there would still need to be contact and interaction. My point was highlighting KellyJay's hypocrisy in this matter; calling for us all to "get on" while completely ignoring those he himself fails to get on with. I'm reminded of a group of kids linking little fingers and singing "make friends make friends never never breaks friends" but excluding the kids they don't like.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 06:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe we could all sit around in a circle holding hands and sing "Kum-bai-yah". Would that work? 🙂
    August is not a time for wussiness.

There is no reason that we can't be strong with our posts and yet still respect other posters.

So who's modding this? Just vivify?
    Will one person be enough to mod all the posts in a whole month?
    I know I would have trouble checking all posts in a month.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree