1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 12:031 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    I was enjoying the read more than posting, a lot of the threads in this forum either go over my head or involve the dissection in minutiae of a book I haven’t read but I appreciate this post.
    As I told you before you are permitted to alert any post. I just answer the question in the thread it is presented in or if my name is mentioned I will defend myself. As you can see posts alerted are still up so far. Doesn't mean they will remain so. I am just telling you don't single out any one individual for what others are doing also, now including yourself. 😉

EDIT: I believe much is left to the Moderators choice, the TOS doesn't seem to be set in stone so to speak.

-VR
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 12:39
    @kevcvs57 said
    I was enjoying the read more than posting, a lot of the threads in this forum either go over my head or involve the dissection in minutiae of a book I haven’t read but I appreciate this post.
    Arguing about spirituality/religion is fundamentally exactly like arguing about politics in that there are always at least two perspectives, moral or righteous indignation and a desire to be proven right!

This thread topic can quite easily come back on topic and whilst it can be irritating for threads to go off topic I do think it is something we have all pretty much learned to live with. I accept that this divergence was lengthy but the popcorn value was probably quite high.

Usually I will try to avoid dragging threads off topic, but in this instance and in the words of Captain Kirk from the movie Star Trek The Search for Spock, "the needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many."

Tongue back out of cheek 😉
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 15:44
    @kevcvs57 said
    I think I just did VR I mentioned three of you by name and I don’t dislike any of you.
    Now you have which is what you should have done instead of singling me out. Shows bias when you do that.

Now, you can get back to your Spirituality talk. 😉

-VR
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 15:53
    @very-rusty said
    Now you have which is what you should have done instead of singling me out. Shows bias when you do that.

Now, you can get back to your Spirituality talk. 😉

-VR
    Bias would require an intent in this case VR which there clearly wasn’t. But I know you like the last word so I’ll await your reply and draw a line under it 😉
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 16:061 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Bias would require an intent in this case VR which there clearly wasn’t. But I know you like the last word so I’ll await your reply and draw a line under it 😉
    When You point the finger at one person then include others after something has been said to you bias was certainly shown.

Draw all the lines you wish. I might do the same, we can play like kids in the school yard! 😉 😛

Or you can get back to talking about the Subject matter of this thread.

-VR
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 16:26

Removed by poster

7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 16:51
    @ghost-of-a-duke removed their quoted post
    You are either a believer or a non-believer. You Sir, are an atheist which you have admitted to so you are a non-believer.

-VR
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 16:54
    @very-rusty said
    You are either a believer or a non-believer. You Sir, are an atheist which you have admitted to so you are a non-believer.

-VR
    Thank you, Captain Obvious.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 16:582 edits
    @suzianne said
    Thank you, Captain Obvious.
    You're welcome Miss Super girl! 🙂 😛

I know you couldn't figure it out on your own bet you asked goad. 🙂

EDIT: Did you notice goad removed his post after you backed him up?.....Interesting!

-VR
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 18:092 edits
    @very-rusty said
    You're welcome Miss Super girl! 🙂 😛

I know you couldn't figure it out on your own bet you asked goad. 🙂

EDIT: Did you notice goad removed his post after you backed him up?.....Interesting!

-VR
    I removed it because you had no intention of addressing the post, despite urging people to return to spiritual discussion.

The question I posed was directed to another poster.

Edit: I'll post it again when you've evaporated.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 19:531 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I removed it because you had no intention of addressing the post, despite urging people to return to spiritual discussion.

The question I posed was directed to another poster.

Edit: I'll post it again when you've evaporated.
    LOL@ silly goad you'll never change same old crap different day!

Will you ever learn people aren't going to do something because you tell them to, just isn't going to happen accept it! 🙂

-VR
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Oct '20 05:081 edit
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Well he’s clearly a believer in some sort of model because he believes that god or gods do not exist.
    Do you believe that god or gods exist?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Oct '20 12:171 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well he’s clearly a believer in some sort of model because he believes that god or gods do not exist.
    Do you believe that god or gods exist?
    I guess what I had to say went right over your head kev, or you are trying to win some brownie points from someone! 😉 😛

EDIT: Never mind all explained I see you are in a certain clan!!! 🙂 😛

-VR
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Oct '20 13:45
    @very-rusty said
    I guess what I had to say went right over your head kev, or you are trying to win some brownie points from someone! 😉 😛

EDIT: Never mind all explained I see you are in a certain clan!!! 🙂 😛

-VR
    I’ve alerted you for being off topic VR.
    All you had to do was put your unquenchable ego away and enter into the actual debate.
    Brownie points from whom VR?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Oct '20 14:13
    @kevcvs57 said
    I’ve alerted you for being off topic VR.
    All you had to do was put your unquenchable ego away and enter into the actual debate.
    Brownie points from whom VR?
    Apparently everyone is trying to earn Brownie points from myself. (In truth I only give out badges).

Although I don't believe in the existence of a deity, I'm keen to stress that this doesn't mean I have gone out to find something to fill the void. I don't think there is a void to fill. I haven't sought an alternative.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree