Bad to worse.......

Bad to worse.......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
I am comparing you to Christians I know who do not sound impotent, pessimistic, defeatist and thus misanthropic.

impotent = almost everything you [and your fellow doomsters] say about the state of the world casts yourself as weak and powerless and like you are a victim and unable to face challenges ~ if this is not so, it does not come through in any of your ...[text shortened]... santhropic' is the apt word rather than an 'insult' per se, but we can just disagree about that.
Classic judgementalism, and shows intolerance of those who disagree with what you believe.

When someone disagrees with the way you interpret the human condition you feel the need to show your contempt and disdain for not only them, but for what they believe while making yourself look and feel better by name calling and judging.

It's called hypocrisy.

F

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by josephw
Classic judgementalism, and shows intolerance of those who disagree with what you believe.

When someone disagrees with the way you interpret the human condition you feel the need to show your contempt and disdain for not only them, but for what they believe while making yourself look and feel better by name calling and judging.

It's called hypocrisy.
I think I have used the right vocabulary to express what I see as your demeanour and stance on issues. If you were me, what words would you use rather than 1. impotent 2.pessimistic 2.defeatist and 4.misanthropic? You know what my stance is on the world and you know how your stance appears to someone with my views. What four synonyms would you suggest sound less judgemental than the four words I used?

How have I been "intolerant" of you? I have engaged you, I have listened to you, I haven't blanked you out, I have responded to you, I have disagreed with you, I have not advocated that you be silenced, I have not tried to shout you down or abuse you. I don't see how I can be said to have not tolerated you. Have you tolerated me? Are using "intolerance" as a synonym for "disagreement"?

F

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

It's called hypocrisy.
I have used the words impotent, pessimistic, defeatist and misanthropic. And you are apparently angered by it.

You have used the words judgemental, intolerant, contempt and disdain. And I have not the slightest problem with you saying such things to me.

And yet it's ME who is the hypocrite? How so? 🙂

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
[b]I have used the words impotent, pessimistic, defeatist and misanthropic. And you are apparently angered by it.
Saddened is more like it FMF, that in virtually every thread any Christian posts in is met with the same language you used.

F

Moves
24 Jul 14

Saddened is more like it FMF, that in virtually every thread any Christian posts in is met with the same language you used.
I use "the same language" in "virtually every thread any Christian posts in"? This is demonstrably untrue. Christians do not demonstrate impotence, pessimism, defeatism and misanthropy in "virtually every thread" ~ far from it ~ but some of them do demonstrate those characteristics on threads where the state of the world and the human condition are discussed. But if you believe what you say is true, that's OK by me.

Moves
24 Jul 14

I notice Galveston has ducked out; or has he been raptured to JW heaven as we speak...

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
I notice Galveston has ducked out; or has he been raptured to JW heaven as we speak...
true, poor old josephw seems to have been left hanging by his fellow doom mongers.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

Get over yourself. Work has been crazy busy if that's ok with you.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Jul 14

“Whenever it is that they are saying: ‘Peace and security!’ then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape.”—1 THESSALONIANS 5:3.

The Bible likens the world’s destruction to the onset of labor—the mother’s pain is inevitable and comes suddenly. The time leading up to the end is also like a pregnancy, for an expectant mother is aware of ever-increasing signs of the coming birth. Her doctor might estimate the birth date; yet, even if the event should delay, she would still be sure that her baby will soon be born. Similarly, any mistaken expectations about the end do not alter the unmistakable features identifying these as “the last days.”—2 Timothy 3:1.

‘If the sign that we are near the end is so obvious,’ some ask, ‘why do so many people fail to recognize it?’ The Bible shows that when the end is near, (((((((many will belittle the evidence.))))))) Rather than acknowledge the fundamental changes during the last days, they would scoff: “From the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” (2 Peter 3:3, 4) In other words, the sign of the last days is clear, ((((((((but many will ignore it.))))))))—Matthew 24:38, 39.

Most will not see it just as those in Noah's day did not see or want to see or did not want to listen. Their life was good in their eyes and they loved what they had as is seen with some here with their comments.
Really a dangerous stand to take......

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
“Whenever it is that they are saying: ‘Peace and security!’ then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape.”—1 THESSALONIANS 5:3.

The Bible likens the world’s destruction to the onset of labor—the mother’s pain is inevitable and comes suddenly. The time leading ...[text shortened]... they had as is seen with some here with their comments.
Really a dangerous stand to take......
as you started this thread, could you clarify your stance. do you believe these days are the worst in history, or do you believe we hit a high point at sometime and are in decline from that point (if so when was the highpoint)?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Jul 14

Goes to show how much you know. JW's don't believe in the rapture. They believe they will be resurrected on the earth into the Kingdom of God.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
true, poor old josephw seems to have been left hanging by his fellow doom mongers.
I'm a force of my own, with the help of Jesus. Lovin' every minute of it!

Obviously you need help from your fellows though.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
Do you believe the problem with controlling viruses is getting better or worse? Do you believe the problem of wars is getting better or worse? Is the chance of eliminating wars of mass destruction getting better or worse? Is the chance of peace between Muslins and Jews or Christians getting better or worse? Is hate and violence in society and on television getting better or worse? Is the chance of reducing the number of babies being murdered by abortion getting better or worse? That's enough for now.

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Do you believe the problem with controlling viruses is getting better or worse? Do you believe the problem of wars is getting better or worse? Is the chance of eliminating wars of mass destruction getting better or worse? Is the chance of peace between Muslins and Jews or Christians getting better or worse? Is hate and violence in society and on televisio ...[text shortened]... the number of babies being murdered by abortion getting better or worse? That's enough for now.
getting worse than what? what standard are you measuring to determine if things are better or worse???

P

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I say it does, in fact here is the scriptural reference,

You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end' - Matthew 24:26
Some of you may find this surprizing that i agree with Robbie on this, (for those who know me)

We see wars and rumors of wars, but what significant factors - galveston 75 - may make you feel we are at the closest point yet, to the Apocolipse?

What do you see that stands out?

The only thing in scripture (that i am aware of) that focuses to the point, is the breaking of the Sixth Seal, also known as The Great Day of the Lord.
If you take a moment to read the last couple of lines. It reads, 'run and hide, for the Great Day of the Lord is here' . Yet 5 Seals are broken beforehand and no one is aware of them.