1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 00:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I notice Galveston has ducked out; or has he been raptured to JW heaven as we speak...
    Seemed to me many were attacking the way his presentation was set up, versus giving an answer of sustinance.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 00:19
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    getting worse than what? what standard are you measuring to determine if things are better or worse???
    Better or worse than some beginning point that you have knowledge of. It doesn't matter what my standard is because I am asking your opinion so you can decide on the standard as you believe it should be. Don't worry because I am not going to challenge your opinions.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 00:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    “Whenever it is that they are saying: ‘Peace and security!’ then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape.”—1 THESSALONIANS 5:3.

The Bible likens the world’s destruction to the onset of labor—the mother’s pain is inevitable and comes suddenly. The time leading ...[text shortened]... they had as is seen with some here with their comments.
    Really a dangerous stand to take......
    Very Good.

I suppose if i had read on earlier my replies might be different.

Anyways, that is a great thought on pregnancy.

People of this day and age have the onset of everything else. Look at how the teens are affected by facebook and txting. It is like a drug of the mind, an addiction, vastly outpacing anything drugs my iccur.

Anything that has to do with any church is being thrown out to the dogs. It doesn't matter which group or church you ask, all are having a very hard time bringing people "in" to their fold.

The "way" of the world is winning, 'for now' .

You are right to say, 'they will scoff at the evidence' . Even The Great Day of the Lord will eventually be looked upon as an unknown phanomina. And then forgotten. I give it a year afterwards.
  4. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 09:47
    Similarly, any mistaken expectations about the end do not alter the unmistakable features identifying these as “the last days."

Most will not see it just as those in Noah's day did not see or want to see or did not want to listen. Their life was good in their eyes and they loved what they had as is seen with some here with their comments.
    Really a dangerous stand to take......
    One comment that you have consistently failed to respond to is the FACT that EVERY period in history, from (and INCLUDING) the Early Church, has considered their own era as The Last Days.

I have a tract in my possession written in 1494 that PROVES in seven different ways that the end of the world will occur in 1525.

What I am not disputing is that there ARE Last Days, and that in fact the past 2000 years are part of them. However, the success rate of the church predicting the time (and interpreting all the scriptures that you continue to quote) has been so bad, that continuing to do so is folly.

I am reminded of what Martin Luther answered when somebody asked him: What would you do if you KNEW that the Lord would return tomorrow? His famous answer was: I would still continue to plant my apple tree.

Meaning, of course, that we should live each day as if the Lord would return tomorrow! Living in the NOW, and according to the right principles, is far more important than getting excited about, and speculating about, the Last Days.

Just saying...
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 10:263 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you believe the problem with controlling viruses is getting better or worse? Do you believe the problem of wars is getting better or worse? Is the chance of eliminating wars of mass destruction getting better or worse? Is the chance of peace between Muslins and Jews or Christians getting better or worse? Is hate and violence in society and on televisio ...[text shortened]... the number of babies being murdered by abortion getting better or worse? That's enough for now.
    Do you believe the problem with controlling viruses is getting better or worse?

Surely you should be interested in how many people are dying from viral diseases, so much better.

Do you believe the problem of wars is getting better or worse?

Better.

Is the chance of eliminating wars of mass destruction getting better or worse?

Better.

Is the chance of peace between Muslins and Jews or Christians getting better or worse

I wasn't aware that Jews and Christians were at odds with small pieces of cotton fabric.

Is hate and violence in society and on television getting better or worse?

Better, though a lot of religious people are still determined to propagate hatred against people who do not follow their particular brand of religion, against gay people etc.

Is the chance of reducing the number of babies being murdered by abortion getting better or worse?

You've got me on this one. I would welcome the chance to mount a campaign of proper sex education on a global basis, including but not limited to the proper use, and distribution, of condoms to anyone of child producing age. Unfortunately, religious people keep getting in the way, despite having no practical solutions to offer themselves.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 14:15
    Originally posted by CalJust
    One comment that you have consistently failed to respond to is the FACT that EVERY period in history, from (and INCLUDING) the Early Church, has considered their own era as The Last Days.

I have a tract in my possession written in 1494 that PROVES in seven different ways that the end of the world will occur in 1525.

What I am not disputing is that ther ...[text shortened]... re important than getting excited about, and speculating about, the Last Days.

Just saying...
    Yes many have predicted or thought they were in the last days. Many have understood some of the signs Jesus talked about but as many have brought out, many of the events of these signs have always happened.
    But one of the signs or events or things that would have to be done as never before and that is missed by most and done on an earthwide scale was this:

Acts 1:8Living Bible (TLB)

8 But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power to testify about me with great effect, to the people in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and (((to the ends of the earth))), about my death and resurrection.”

Matthew 28:19-20Living Bible (TLB)

19 Therefore go and make disciples in (((all the nations))),[a] baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and then teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you; and be sure of this—that I am with you always, even to the end of the world.”

Matthew 24:14Living Bible (TLB)

14 “And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached (((throughout the whole world))), so that all nations will hear it, and then, finally, the end will come.

As you see the theme of these and many other scriptures is the preaching and teaching work will be done "earth wide".

This was never done in mans history as it has been done in the last 100+ years.
    This preacing work is now being fulfilled and would be included in with the other signs that Jesus described.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 14:23
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Very Good.

I suppose if i had read on earlier my replies might be different.

Anyways, that is a great thought on pregnancy.

People of this day and age have the onset of everything else. Look at how the teens are affected by facebook and txting. It is like a drug of the mind, an addiction, vastly outpacing anything drugs my iccur.

Anything that ...[text shortened]... ntually be looked upon as an unknown phanomina. And then forgotten. I give it a year afterwards.
    Thanks. I agree most churches have a serious problem keeping their members but there is an exception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 14:34

This was never done in mans history as it has been done in the last 100+ years.
    This preacing work is now being fulfilled and would be included in with the other signs that Jesus described.
    Then again, if I understand it, the Watchtower thought this was all going to be done and dusted by 1914.

And I imagine that the writers thought that the preaching work was being done 'earth wide' back then as never before, and was a sign of the prophecy coming true.

Not exactly compelling is it?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 14:422 edits
    Yes many have predicted or thought they were in the last days. Many have understood some of the signs Jesus talked about but as many have brought out, many of the events of these signs have always happened.
    But one of the signs or events or things that would have to be done as never before and that is missed by most and done on an earthwide scale was ...[text shortened]... work is now being fulfilled and would be included in with the other signs that Jesus described.
    Im sure that many other sects have preached to and converted many millions more people, that the Jehovah Witnesses. That you can state the preaching is only now being done demonstrates how effectively the WatchTower Org has brainwashed their devotees .. ie to the point of removing their ability to reason out simple things for themselves... like how to compare two periods to see if life is getting worse. You cannot even do a simple comparison without getting confused.

The 'house to house' matter is just one [of many possible] methods of achieving a far greater end result. You are obviously placing the method above the purpose. The purpose is to teach people about Christ and his death, resurrection and how to attain salvation. Whatever method you choose to teach and to convert is irrelevant.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 14:51
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Im sure that many other sects have preached to and converted many millions more people, that the Jehovah Witnesses. That you can state the preaching is only now being done demonstrates how effectively the WatchTower Org has brainwashed their devotees .. ie to the point of removing their ability to reason out simple things for themselves... like how to compar ...[text shortened]... n and how to attain salvation. Whatever method you choose to teach and to convert is irrelevant.
    Yes, it is the spirit rather than the letter that is most important.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree