1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 17:58
    2 Tim 3: 1-13

1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,
    3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power and from these turn away. 6 From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
    8 Now in the way that Jan′nes and Jam′bres opposed Moses, so these also go on opposing the truth. Such men are completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. 9 Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their folly will be very plain to all, as it was with those two men. 10 But you have closely followed my teaching, my course of life, my purpose, my faith, my patience, my love, my endurance, 11 the persecutions and sufferings such as I experienced in Antioch, in I·co′ni·um, in Lys′tra. I endured these persecutions, and the Lord rescued me from them all. 12 In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted. 13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.

"Obama Contends With Arc of Instability Unseen Since '70s" by Jay Solomon. "Wall Street Journal"

Check it out if you get the Wall Street Journal.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 05:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    2 Tim 3: 1-13

1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,
    3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love ...[text shortened]... 70s" by Jay Solomon. "Wall Street Journal"

Check it out if you get the Wall Street Journal.
    Wow. One of the most important bible prophecies that pertain to our time period and no comments?
    Are all really this out of touch with the bible? Do all here not realise your very existance is at stake if you are not paying attention just as most did not in Noah's day?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 06:45
    Wow. One of the most important bible prophecies that pertain to our time period and no comments?
    Are all really this out of touch with the bible? Do all here not realise your very existance is at stake if you are not paying attention just as most did not in Noah's day?
    I already posted a threat titled "Signs of the Last Days" and basically all I got were naysayers and attempts to change the subject. So I would not expect too much. Perhaps you should break it down to everyone as how this if fulfilling prophecy in your opinion. Then maybe you will get a few comments on that.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 07:19
    You have quoted the Bible and then told us to go and read the Wall Street Journal. You haven't told us what the connection is, or why we should agree with your conclusion.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 07:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You have quoted the Bible and then told us to go and read the Wall Street Journal. You haven't told us what the connection is, or why we should agree with your conclusion.
    Or what specific action someone interested should take.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 09:08
    the biblical passage could apply to any period in history.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 09:31
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    It say "the last days". I'm presuming these are the "end times" referred to by RJHinds.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 10:351 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It say "the last days". I'm presuming these are the "end times" referred to by RJHinds.
    Yes, but there have been people throughout history who have thought that the 'end times' are nigh.
    It is highly likely that the writer of the passage itself thought he was talking about his own time.
    The problem is that if you don't deliberately cherry pick your prophecy and current world events, then you will find that the prophecy certainly does not match the current times. But that won't stop RJ and Galveston.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 11:16
    Yes, but there have been people throughout history who have thought that the 'end times' are nigh.
    It is highly likely that the writer of the passage itself thought he was talking about his own time.
    The problem is that if you don't deliberately cherry pick your prophecy and current world events, then you will find that the prophecy certainly does not match the current times. But that won't stop RJ and Galveston.
    We are told to watch so these days do not come on us unaware.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 12:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    exactly, so its impossible to determine if these are the last days, as there have always been and probably always will be events in the world that can fit the passage.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 14:40
    The connection would be the subject thread and that is how things are in fact going from bad to worse.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 14:50
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    No it doesn't. If it did then why write it? On has has to look at the composite statements in the bible and use dicernment in seeing the facts now and how it is different.
    Yes there has always been murder, rape, starvation, wars, etc.
    No arguement there. But it's the amount of these issues, the mentality of those doing it and just the overall inability of man not knowing how to fix them.
    "The population increases so the crimes increase and all is still in proportion so nothing has changed" does not fly.
    The dangers on this planet are beyond anything man has ever seen.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 15:25
    Yes there has always been murder, rape, starvation, wars, etc.
    No arguement there. But it's the amount of these issues, the mentality of those doing it and just the overall inability of man not knowing how to fix them.
    "The population increases so the crimes increase and all is still in proportion so nothing has changed" does not fly.
    The dangers on this planet are beyond anything man has ever seen.
    So, show us some statistics. As far as I am aware, the rates of murder, rape, starvation and wars are all going down quite significantly. What do you know that I don't?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 15:521 edit
    So, show us some statistics. As far as I am aware, the rates of murder, rape, starvation and wars are all going down quite significantly. What do you know that I don't?
    Sorry but not going there for about the tenth time. This has been discussed over and over so no need to rehash it.

Perhaps you live in a great place on the planet with few issues and if so good for you.

But maybe if you lived in one of these areas you may think differently:

http://www.warsintheworld.com/?page=static1258254223

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 16:24
    Sorry but not going there for about the tenth time. This has been discussed over and over so no need to rehash it.

Perhaps you live in a great place on the planet with few issues and if so good for you.

But maybe if you lived in one of these areas you may think differently:

http://www.warsintheworld.com/?page=static1258254223

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts
    The thread is entitled 'Bad to worse'. You cannot reasonably expect to be taken seriously if you only present statements about what you consider to be 'worse' without providing proof that before it was only just 'bad'.

I will give you a hand. Here is a list of all the wars from 1900 to 2012. You can probably do a comparison of each 25 year period and see if it is really going from bad to worse. [http://www.war-memorial.net/wars_all.asp]

From what I can see the last 25 years or so has been the most peaceful in all of the last 112 years.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree