1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 13:481 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You fail to get the point.

Things are going from BAD TO BETTER.

Your thread title Bad to worse does not apply to how the world is going.
    Do you think it's appropriate for Christians, in their moments of contemplation and prayer, to thank God for how the world is getting better and better or is that something you see as being beyond the remit of prayer (or indeed beyond God's remit)?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 13:55
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    but a much smaller percentage of the population died, 2% compared to 11%. i dont know about you but personally id rather see 2% of the population killed rather than 11%.
    Ouch you sooooo busted already!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The scripture you have quoted could have applied to any point in the last 2,000 years and could probably be cited as applying at any point in the next 2,000 years without much doubt. You simply picking two things from today's news is not empirical evidence that supports galveston75's claim.
    no it couldn't for prior to the first world war there was no war on a truly global scale with nation rising against nation and kingdom against kingdom. the first world war involved more than 90 percent of humanity. you have nothing except some self certified opinion to the contrary.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no it couldn't for prior to the first world war there was no war on a truly global scale with nation rising against nation and kingdom against kingdom. the first world war involved more than 90 percent of humanity. you have nothing except some self certified opinion to the contrary.
    We await galveston75's evidence supporting his suggestion that the world is currently going from "bad to worse" and how Barack Obama fits into it.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think it's appropriate for Christians, in their moments of contemplation and prayer, to thank God for how the world is getting better and better or is that something you see as being beyond the remit of prayer (or indeed beyond God's remit)?
    Definitely Yes. Whether or not prayer will help I cannot say. It is good to thank God for all the good that is happening in the world.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely Christians pray for the depletion of the rainforest? , or over exploitation of the oceans natural resources and dwindling fishing stocks? what about global warming and the warmest ocean temperatures on record? What about the disparity in wealth, surely a cause for prayer and rejoicing? yes its really a cause for rejoicing never before have we had it so good, thankyou god!
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:04
    Ouch you sooooo busted already!
    which is worse the death of 2% or 11% of the global population?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    We await galveston75's evidence supporting his suggestion that the world is currently going from "bad to worse" and how Barack Obama fits into it.
    the Gman was quoting form an article, i did not read, I doubt he will come back after your friends divesjjester outrageous contempt for civility, i wouldnt.
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:06
    but a much smaller percentage of the population died, 2% compared to 11%. i dont know about you but personally id rather see 2% of the population killed rather than 11%.
    could that not be a case of smaller population 11% of past population compared to 1945 population of2%
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:06
    Surely Christians pray for the depletion of the rainforest? , or over exploitation of the oceans natural resources and dwindling fishing stocks? what about global warming and the warmest ocean temperatures on record? What about the disparity in wealth, surely a cause for prayer and rejoicing? yes its really a cause for rejoicing never before have we had it so good, thankyou god!
    I don't think a Christian having a both a list of things to thank their God for and a list of things to ask their God for is particularly controversial.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:07
    which is worse the death of 2% or 11% of the global population?
    you are busted! if two people exist and two people die its 50 percent, the great and illustrious badger has put you right, more people died, it matters little in percentage terms, its the magnitude that we are interested in, nothing compares to the world wars in magnitude, you busted, sooooo, busted.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think a Christian having a both a list of things to thank their God for and a list of things to ask their God for is particularly controversial.
    don't you? and yet we are expected to believe that things are getting better and better! Thankyou God for the depletion of the rainforest - Amen.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:08
    nobody is arguing that everything is better or getting better. the point is that if you look through history, for the average person there is no better time to be alive than now. can you think of and name a period of time that you would have been better?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:10
    nobody is arguing that everything is better or getting better. the point is that if you look through history, for the average person there is no better time to be alive than now. can you think of and name a period of time that you would have been better?
    oh right, its just some things, not the rain forest, not the environmental pollution, not the disparity in wealth, not the hottest ocean temperatures on record, its just the things you want to be good, gottcha!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:12
    don't you? and yet we are expected to believe that things are getting better and better! Thankyou God for the depletion of the rainforest - Amen.
    Perhaps Christians can choose to pray to their God and ask for an end to the depletion of the rainforest. In my previous comment I wasn't suggesting that Christians might want to thank their God for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree