1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 23:11
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    The Bible is widely open to interpretation.

Do you believe you have the authority to define what is moral and what is not moral based on YOUR interpretation of the Bible? Face it, all you have is your interpretation.

Do you believe you have the authority to claim that your interpretation of the Bible is from God?
    I am not the one who claims I am correct. All I can do is trust that what the Bible actually says is true.

After we die we will find out who is correct. God makes that call, not us.

All I know is if what the Bible says is true then you will not like the afterlife.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 00:015 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I am not the one who claims I am correct. All I can do is trust that what the Bible actually says is true.

After we die we will find out who is correct. God makes that call, not us.

All I know is if what the Bible says is true then you will not like the afterlife.
    When you say things such as, "All I can do is trust that what the Bible actually says is true", the reality is that what you do is trust that YOUR interpretation - of what the Bible says - is true. You seem to be under the delusion that YOUR interpretation necessarily coincides with reality. Whatever "call" God may or may not make, may not have anything to do with YOUR interpretation - or even with much of what the Bible says for that matter.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 01:40
    Do you believe you have the authority to define what is moral and what is not moral?
    Define how? And for whom?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 01:42
    I do not expect anyone who disagrees with my beliefs can be convinced to agree with my worldview.
    I have encountered many people who became Christians after interacting with followers of Jesus. Perhaps you are a bad [or even counterproductive] advocate of your religious beliefs.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 02:05
    When you say things such as, "All I can do is trust that what the Bible actually says is true", the reality is that what you do is trust that YOUR interpretation - of what the Bible says - is true. You seem to be under the delusion that YOUR interpretation necessarily coincides with reality. Whatever "call" God may or may not make, may not have anything to do with YOUR interpretation - or even with much of what the Bible says for that matter.
    If by what the Bible says when you say your interpretation, then sure.

If you mean Jesus is the same God who instucted the Jews to kill homosexuals for their perverted immorality then yes my interpretation.

If you claim otherwise you are a child of Satan.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 02:06
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Define how? And for whom?
    You claimed God is not moral. I was windering who geys to define that term, moral.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 02:30
    If by what the Bible says when you say your interpretation, then sure.

If you mean Jesus is the same God who instucted the Jews to kill homosexuals for their perverted immorality then yes my interpretation.

If by what the Bible says when you say your interpretation, then sure

Not sure what you mean by this. It can be taken several different ways. Can you clarify?

You seem to be saying that anyone who disagrees with YOUR interpretation of the Bible is a "child of satan". Do I understand you correctly?

8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 02:34
    [b]If by what the Bible says when you say your interpretation, then sure

Not sure what you mean by this. It can be taken several different ways. Can you clarify?

You seem to be saying that anyone who disagrees with YOUR interpretation of the Bible is a "child of satan". Do I understand you correctly?

.[/b]
    So you deny the Bible instructed the Jews to kill homosexuals?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 02:36
    So you deny the Bible instructed the Jews to kill homosexuals?
    How'd you manage to get that out of the questions I asked?

Can you address my questions?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 02:41
    How'd you manage to get that out of the questions I asked?

Can you address my questions?
    It was the statement I mentioned in the earlier post. Disagree with the truth in the Bible and you are a child of Satan.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 02:46
    It was the statement I mentioned in the earlier post. Disagree with the truth in the Bible and you are a child of Satan.
    My response didn't address that statement. It addressed two others. All my questions still stand. Any chance you'll actually address them?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 03:05
    My response didn't address that statement. It addressed two others. All my questions still stand. Any chance you'll actually address them?
    My response didn't address yours. I guess we are even.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 03:26
    You claimed God is not moral.
    No, I didn't.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 03:29
    My response didn't address yours. I guess we are even.
    You seem to be struggling to follow pretty simple and straightforward lines of inquiry.

You wouldn't be a fundamentalist Christian by any chance?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 03:51
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    No, I didn't.
    You said you knew that there is no moral god.

Did you mean you know for a fact there is no god? Or that if there is such a god as described in the Bible that this God is immoral?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree