1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 03:52
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    You seem to be struggling to follow pretty simple and straightforward lines of inquiry.

You wouldn't be a fundamentalist Christian by any chance?
    I seem to give your statements as much credit as you give mine.

True, your statements are pretty simple.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 04:14
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I seem to give your statements as much credit as you give mine.

True, your statements are pretty simple.
    And you struggle to follow them - even when they've been dumbed-down for you.

There are those who aren't all that bright. Then there's those like you who aren't even bright enough to understand they aren't all that bright. It's a trait that seems to be common to many fundamentalist Christians - they think things are true simply because they believe them.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 05:44
    You said you knew that there is no moral god.

Did you mean you know for a fact there is no god? Or that if there is such a god as described in the Bible that this God is immoral?
    There might be a morally perfect god. But, this god lacks at least one of the following qualities: omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence.

I am saying there is not a god who has all 4 of these qualities.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 06:09
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    There might be a morally perfect god. But, this god lacks at least one of the following qualities: omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence.

I am saying there is not a god who has all 4 of these qualities.
    Why would it be impossible for such a god to be moral?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 06:13
    And you struggle to follow them - even when they've been dumbed-down for you.

There are those who aren't all that bright. Then there's those like you who aren't even bright enough to understand they aren't all that bright. It's a trait that seems to be common to many fundamentalist Christians - they think things are true simply because they believe them.
    If you say so you. It just goes to demonstrate your self importance.

Obviously your point of view is totally screwed up, but you can't see it.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 07:161 edit

This line of argument doesn’t really work in my opinion because you may be demonstrating your self importance and from his point of view your point of view is totally screwed up but you can’t see it.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 07:27
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    This line of argument doesn’t really work in my opinion because you may be demonstrating your self importance and from his point of view your point of view is totally screwed up but you can’t see it.
    I have not attacked what he says and demand he answer to me. This is why he is being hypocritical and I am not.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 07:58
    Because he would know evil was about to happen, have the power to stop it, and want to stop it...and yet, he doesn't.

The only way out of this contradiction is to deny his existence.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 15:44

Based on your responses to me, it would seem that your "worldview" is composed of a mass of non-sequiturs.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 15:461 edit
    I have not attacked what he says and demand he answer to me. This is why he is being hypocritical and I am not.
    Unsurprisingly the non-sequiturs continue.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 16:06
    Do you think that using godly powers to conceive, design, create and maintain a place of unimaginable horror where this god will use more superpowers to keep billions of people alive for all eternity where he will personally oversee them being burnt alive, over and over and over again...is morally acceptable?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 18:58
    It was the statement I mentioned in the earlier post. Disagree with the truth in the Bible and you are a child of Satan.
    You have the religion of a 5 year old.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 21:06
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Because he would know evil was about to happen, have the power to stop it, and want to stop it...and yet, he doesn't.

The only way out of this contradiction is to deny his existence.
    So if free will is allowed God is immoral.

But hey, do you get to define what is evil? You keep throwing around these undefined terms as if you have the definition.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 21:07
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Do you think that using godly powers to conceive, design, create and maintain a place of unimaginable horror where this god will use more superpowers to keep billions of people alive for all eternity where he will personally oversee them being burnt alive, over and over and over again...is morally acceptable?
    If that is what God is going to do then yes.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 21:08
    Based on your responses to me, it would seem that your "worldview" is composed of a mass of non-sequiturs.
    I can only imagine how your hate twists my words.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree