1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 00:40
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    So what does God say about it?
    He says nothing about being a 3 in 1 God or being or spirit.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 02:51
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So in the context of the trinity it would seem that as the scripture says you can sin against two of the three beings of this trinity and be forgiven, but sin against the holy spirit part and you can't be forgiven. So as your asking what does this mean?
    So is the holy spirit part of the trinity more important or have more power or is it just short t ...[text shortened]... pered compaired to the other two?
    I'd like to hear the trinitairians explain this issue?????
    It means when the spirit of God reveals truth to you and then you reject it what more can be done?

Manny
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 02:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What is the Biblical definition of 'Trinity'?
    There is no definition for the word "Trinity" in the bible but this does not negate the revealed triune nature of the one God.

Manny
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 03:14
    Originally posted by menace71
    It means when the spirit of God reveals truth to you and then you reject it what more can be done?

Manny
    Very good.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 03:24

Manny
    Lol....
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 03:34
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol....
    Why LOL ?

Manny
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 04:37
    There is no definition for the word "Trinity" in the bible but this does not negate the revealed triune nature of the one God.

Manny
    So what does the Bible say about the "triune nature of the one God"?
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 04:53
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So what does the Bible say about the "triune nature of the one God"?
    As in what? We can see and prove in the New Testament that Christ created the world and actually all things Col 1:15. The God of Genesis is shown to be the one creating the world and all things. We either have a severe contradiction here or something more grand and not a contradiction at all. Also in Genesis we can see the spirit of God directly involved in creating. This is what the bible says about the triune nature of God.

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 04:55
    The Bible says that Christ created all things. Those who teach that Christ was created must believe that Christ made Himself! The Bible says, “All things were made by Him; and with­out Him was not anything made that was made” (John 1:3).

This I find funny LOL 🙂

Manny
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 07:57
    The Bible says that Christ created all things. Those who teach that Christ was created must believe that Christ made Himself! The Bible says, “All things were made by Him; and with­out Him was not anything made that was made” (John 1:3).

This I find funny LOL 🙂

Manny
    I suspect that's a bad translation.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 10:18
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I suspect that's a bad translation.
    I suspect a bad interpretation is more likely.
  12. St. Peter's
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 11:19

This I find funny LOL 🙂

Manny
    Christ was begotten not created.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 11:371 edit
    As in what? We can see and prove in the New Testament that Christ created the world and actually all things Col 1:15. The God of Genesis is shown to be the one creating the world and all things. We either have a severe contradiction here or something more grand and not a contradiction at all. Also in Genesis we can see the spirit of God directly involved in creating. This is what the bible says about the triune nature of God.

Manny
    In the same Colossians 1, read from the beginning ...

Col 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,
    Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Col 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
    Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

How many times in those four verses did Paul make a clear distinction between God who is the father and Jesus Christ who is the son?

Anytime there seems to be a contradiction in the teachings of Christ and the apostles, it is useful to ask yourself the following questions:
    - What did Christ say in clear language that cannot be misinterpreted
    - What the Paul and the apostles say and believe at the time.

The mistake many make is that they rely on the prevailing religious beliefs, on Church leaders and on creeds/tradition and put aside the clear teachings of Christ.

Christ, Paul and the apostles referred to God as the Father and Christ as the son, hundreds of times, and that is what, in my opinion we are required to believe.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 13:36

This I find funny LOL 🙂

Manny
    Again, in the same John 1,

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Again a clear distinction between God and Christ. The expression 'made all things' must mean made all things on the Earth ie the creation. Why would you include Christ and God in that group ?

There is no contradition there. Both God and the Son of God existed in the beginning as two distinct and separate entities. What they do have is a common purpose, hence the reason why many passages refer to God and Christ being one. That must mean one in purpose.

Passages also refer the disciples being one. That must mean one in purpose as we know for a fact that the disciples were separate and distinct people.

Passages refer to oneness of others ;

1Cor 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Clearly one in purpose.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 13:57
    I agree that there are 3 personages (different) in the God head with different roles. One God and we can go around and around on this forever. I know human language will break down and there are analogies that will NOT be perfectly perfect in describing the nature of God himself. Jesus humbled himself for a temporary time (33 years) to accomplish what the Father had planned from the foundations of the world. Namely are redemption. Think about this who is sinless in all of creation? Perfect without blemish in anyway? God would be this sinless one. Who then could be our only true savior? God. Jesus is our savior no doubt. Jesus was sinless.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree