Biblical basis for the Trinity?

Biblical basis for the Trinity?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by divegeester
We haven't conversed much in my time here; in these few recent exchanges you have confirmed to me that we won't much in the future. I get more sense from the JW's.

Regards.

Edit: No (real) offence intended JWs
No ( real ) problem. 🙂

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Information on "being a God or being God himself.

Was the Word “God” or “a god”?
THAT question has to be considered when Bible translators handle the first verse of the Gospel of John. In the New World Translation, the verse is rendered: “In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.” (John ...[text shortened]... d was
the Word
[Credit Line]
Reproduced by Permission of the Chester Beatty Library
This is another cut in paste job and it's diffidently some form of JW propaganda. G-75 what do you personally know about the Greek? You just know what you regurgitate from the propaganda of the WT. You know it's only a matter of time before the blood doctrine changes. Eventually you guys will be allowed to take blood transfusions the WT is already paving the way. This is a history of the WT however we can see over the documented history of this organization how they go back and forth on doctrines. The majority of Greek scholars say there is no "a" God and that the NWT is a faulty translation. These are people learnt in what they do namely study the Koine Greek and I would trust them over some cracker jack translation done by the WT.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jun 11

Originally posted by menace71
This is another cut in paste job and it's diffidently some form of JW propaganda. G-75 what do you personally know about the Greek? You just know what you regurgitate from the propaganda of the WT. You know it's only a matter of time before the blood doctrine changes. Eventually you guys will be allowed to take blood transfusions the WT is already paving th ...[text shortened]... e Greek and I would trust them over some cracker jack translation done by the WT.

Manny
Good night Manny....

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Jun 11
2 edits

Good night Manny....
Did you know the word in the Greek used for worship? Specially relating to the New Testament ? Every example when people paid homage to Christ He never rebukes them for this. Why? Think about it seriously a good Jew would never do such a thing as worship another man. Also Christ being a good Jew why did He not rebuke these people? "prosekunhsan" Is this word.

PS: Good night to you also.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jun 11

Did you know the word in the Greek used for worship? Specially relating to the New Testament ? Every example when people paid homage to Christ He never rebukes them for this. Why? Think about it seriously a good Jew would never do such a thing as worship another man. Also Christ being a good Jew why did He not rebuke these people? "prosekunhsan" Is this word.

PS: Good night to you also.

Manny
Well because Jesus was not just another man and why shouldn't he be given special honor? Still doesn't men he was God? Did they call him God as in refering to him as The Almighty God?
Besides they couldn't have seen him if he were as the Bible clearly says "no man may see God and live."
You say he is God in an earthly form, but still he is God to you, right? The scriptures never say that you can see God if somehow he were to materialze in the flesh. But since Jesus did become flesh was he really no longer God?
Gets confusing doesn't it?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
23 Jun 11

Well because Jesus was not just another man and why shouldn't he be given special honor? Still doesn't men he was God? Did they call him God as in refering to him as The Almighty God?
Besides they couldn't have seen him if he were as the Bible clearly says "no man may see God and live."
You say he is God in an earthly form, but still he is God to you, ...[text shortened]... But since Jesus did become flesh was he really no longer God?
Gets confusing doesn't it?
No.....No confusion at all. I just humbly bow to what scripture reveals concerning God.
I don't try to rationalize it away God reveals a triune nature about himself. Can't explain it fully language will not allow.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Jun 11

No.....No confusion at all. I just humbly bow to what scripture reveals concerning God.
I don't try to rationalize it away God reveals a triune nature about himself. Can't explain it fully language will not allow.

Manny
Really weird.......A truth of something is a truth and something that can be explained with clear and understandable explinations. So far no one her has come close to explaining this sillyness.
If you were to go to court and tried to explain something with that type of explination you wouldn't get very far with your statement.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action),

17 So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.

This seems to say that one needs to be trained so that he can in turn train others completely and proficiently.
If one is trying to explain the trinity gobilty goop mystery stuff which I've never heard anyone ever do yet, it isn't going to ever work on anyone with half a brain..

My finale word on this unscriptural, paganistic and satanic teaching..........

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
24 Jun 11

Really weird.......A truth of something is a truth and something that can be explained with clear and understandable explinations. So far no one her has come close to explaining this sillyness.
If you were to go to court and tried to explain something with that type of explination you wouldn't get very far with your statement.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
A ...[text shortened]... a brain..

My finale word on this unscriptural, paganistic and satanic teaching..........
*Not allowing blood transfusions to save lives (Satanic)
*Denying Christ as the perfect savior and incarnation of God (Satanic)
*Putting burdens upon men which God never did (Satanic)
*100+years of false prophecy makes for lies(Satanic)

Truth is fact not always explainable does not negate (Change a fact from being true)a truth in anyway.

Manny

Moves
24 Jun 11

*Not allowing blood transfusions to save lives (Satanic)
*Denying Christ as the perfect savior and incarnation of God (Satanic)
*Putting burdens upon men which God never did (Satanic)
*100+years of false prophecy makes for lies(Satanic)

Truth is fact not always explainable does not negate (Change a fact from being true)a truth in anyway.

Manny
* Knocking on my door at 8:00 on a Saturday morning when I'm sleeping and hung over just to ask for a quarter for a copy of Watchtower (Satanic!)

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
In the beginning existed the Word
and the Word existed with
the God and a god was
the Word

beautiful, truly beautiful, sahidic coptic text is awesome.
That's the correct translation I'm told, and it carries certain.... implications.

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by KingDavid403
And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, [b]Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

It's very clear to me.[/b]
So what passage is that?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
24 Jun 11

Originally posted by Kunsoo
* Knocking on my door at 8:00 on a Saturday morning when I'm sleeping and hung over just to ask for a quarter for a copy of Watchtower (Satanic!)
🙂 Yeah that's what I'm saying LOL

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jun 11
2 edits

Information on "being a God or being God himself.

Was the Word “God” or “a god”?
THAT question has to be considered when Bible translators handle the first verse of the Gospel of John. In the New World Translation, the verse is rendered: “In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.” (John ...[text shortened]... d was
the Word
[Credit Line]
Reproduced by Permission of the Chester Beatty Library
Since there is only one God, if it were translated a god. Would not
that mean there was the true God and a false god with Him? There
is not two true Gods. Judism and Christianity believe in only one true
God. All other gods are false.

rc

Moves
24 Jun 11
1 edit

interesting i have never attended a field ministry arrangement yet on a Saturday morning that did not begin until after 10 O'clock. But then again, lack of actual experience of these things cannot be helped, i suppose. You should give up drinking Malibu and pineapple and take up whiskey, heaven and earth would be unable to move you on a Saturday morning.

rc

Moves
24 Jun 11

That's the correct translation I'm told, and it carries certain.... implications.
yes it does carry with it certain implications, like why have the trinitarians dishonestly and fraudulently translated the text as God, that is with reference to the Almighty, a title reserved for no one but the Father. Secondly, it clearly states that there are two distinct entities, and lastly, they have no basis for translating the text as God, that is with a capital G, for the context clearly states in v 18, that no one has seen the father, making their assertion that Christ is God fraudulent, nor is this the first instance of their iniquity!